Thread: Emblem, Pouch, and Pet

Default Emblem, Pouch, and Pet

No two ways about it - love the pet whether it is the dog or spider (prefer the dog for looks, but the spider for bulk). Well done Dev's!!

Now this first thing came to me last night when my new hatchling was teamed up with another hatchling and we were doing quests. Our play times vary and there are some quests that don't benefit from partnering but would still cause a level mismatch. Perhaps a Switch or Emblem that would when equipped (or flipped) prevent the individual from gaining XP even while they continued hunting and doing quests? This would allow one to continue playing when the other couldn't but not affect their leveling thus the mismatch?

Idea 2: Wardrobe Pouch. Inventory management is a mess - so many items to keep track of. How about a pouch or some other item that when opened looked like the character's equipment screen. It also has a button that when pressed activates an instant wardrobe change - items in the pouch switching place with that which is worn?

I know this idea is far fetched as there are no current assets that would allow its easy implementation, but it's just a suggestion forum after all. A Baby Dragon or Phoenix Flying Pet for Dragons that doesn't hinder the ability to fly? Again, just a thought.
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Default Re: Emblem, Pouch, and Pet

Assuming I understand your first suggestion correctly, when grouped, one (or more) person could equip the emblem preventing them from getting experience, but the other group members would get experience as though the 'emblem equipped' group member were not there? I see a very serious problem with power leveling...?

As for the second idea of the wardrobe pouch, could you not simply put all your gear into a container and then hotkey the sets you wish to wear? For example, on my dragon I have all my scales in a scalepack, but I have 3 hotkeys which switch sets.

And yes, a flying pet would be wonderful
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    Assuming I understand your first suggestion correctly, when grouped, one (or more) person could equip the emblem preventing them from getting experience, but the other group members would get experience as though the 'emblem equipped' group member were not there? I see a very serious problem with power leveling...?

As for the second idea of the wardrobe pouch, could you not simply put all your gear into a container and then hotkey the sets you wish to wear? For example, on my dragon I have all my scales in a scalepack, but I have 3 hotkeys which switch sets.

And yes, a flying pet would be wonderful
    This.

Grouping means exp is shared. If someone is too high, they may want to make a second toon for use with low level hunting. Just seems like it would be exploited. If flipping the switch makes the toon also unable to attack or heal or buff, then maybe it would be ok. But that could like a lot of work on dev's part.

For wardrobe switching, just create a separate hotkey that contains all of "wardrobe 1"'s items. So you click 1 button, and all the items swap. No need for multiple equipment windows. This can include tools, weapons, satchels.

Hotkey.png

Drag a piece of equipment into the icon window in the bottom left corner to create a picture, or click the picture to use some supplied icons for the hotkey.

I read the OP differently - I think what he's saying is have the emblem or switch when you're solo so you can play when the other is offline and remain the same level?

If that's your goal, might I humbly suggest when your partner is offline, focus on crafting. There are some awesome benefits from crafting (more gift slots, better stats) and that won't cause a level mismatch when your partner shows up - you'll have the same AR as if you didn't craft at all. Plus you'll be able to get both of you better gear (weapons, armor, jewelry, potions, etc), or make food for the inevitable Death Point's, or make cool buildings for your plots/lairs. And better yet, no emblem/switch required!!!

EDIT: Sorry, just reread the original post and realized you're both hatchies. Ignore the weapons, armor, jewelry, potions, and food... replace with better scales and nice lairs. Same concept, different stuff!

As Yildar mentioned - this is for solo hunting/questing. This is in no way about power leveling - if there is no XP there can be no level gain - that is the goal. Just stop the XP/Level gain - nothing about caps as such that would allow a much higher leveled (or rated) character from giving unfair help. and in the suggested case of leveling - if said 'helper' was significantly over-leveled/rated there wouldn't be any XP to share in the first place. XP would still be calculated as normal - but the 'switch' or 'emblem' would stop it from being added to your toon - it just vanishes. Credit for the quest or kill counts - but no XP.

There are tons of quests and some not necessarily just for dragons. As much for myself as another, I made a Hatchling to help others - and yet I'd like to explore these other quests out there, many of which are new even to my mains' (Aaelefein and Treyvan) without leveling out of the other hatchlings range. Even better if I could prevent the hatchling from leveling past a certain point so I wouldn't have to make a new one each time another needs help and guidance. Of course this latter idea if utilized would prevent him from leveling into the next range of dragon quests until such time that he decides to start earning XP again.

As for the pouch - yes, a HotKey is an option - but it is a messy option and one that does not always work as intended - I know, I've done it in the past. But the pouch idea - keeps everything neat and tidy and if you've got a whole slew of various armors and jewelry for specific purposes - this would make it so much easier than later on when you want to do something different finding that specific piece of armor or more likely jewelry that looks like every other piece.
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist

Quote Originally Posted by Yildar View Post
    I read the OP differently - I think what he's saying is have the emblem or switch when you're solo so you can play when the other is offline and remain the same level? Correct

If that's your goal, might I humbly suggest when your partner is offline, focus on crafting. There are some awesome benefits from crafting (more gift slots, better stats) and that won't cause a level mismatch when your partner shows up - you'll have the same AR as if you didn't craft at all. Plus you'll be able to get both of you better gear (weapons, armor, jewelry, potions, etc), or make food for the inevitable Death Point's, or make cool buildings for your plots/lairs. And better yet, no emblem/switch required!!!

EDIT: Sorry, just reread the original post and realized you're both hatchies. Ignore the weapons, armor, jewelry, potions, and food... replace with better scales and nice lairs. Same concept, different stuff!
    LOL you are true here - but Aaelefein is a GMC and Treyvan has only Crystalshaper to finish. I did however utilize this double-XP period to get the new hatchling to dragon crafter 100 (having plots, storage, shops and a couple 'slaves' helps considerably - amazing what one can do in just 4 days) - so that the new hatchling can concentrate on helping and guiding - not surviving. Never intended him to be the crafter either my main's are - cimply to get him into scales he'll never have to upgrade - Hatchie Power Forever!!!
    Spirit Brothers

The emblem idea would be neat in that say, you could get one and select a player you want to "match" up with. If they are online and in group, then you could gain experience. That would be kinda cool.

As for the wardrobe, you can make a hotkey and throw all your items on it. Then just run up to your vault or storage, hit the hotkey and it will automatically swap out.
    rip

Thread Information