Thread: Priceless Scale bug.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Exclamation Priceless Scale bug.

When you add a socket to the Priceless Adamantium scales you can basically add 3 crystals too.
    The piece holds the memory of the crystal equipped and 2 others.
    That's 3 armour and 1 jewelry slots x3.

Maxed one piece with balit's stone ect. that had the normal 4 buffs on the scale and another 10 also. Making you very over powered

Not sure about the other Tier's but I don't think this is ment to happen?

It's not just a visual bug either, it raises your stats. resistances on the char sheet too.

PS, does this increase my chances of getting that pad at Meadowhill

Default Re: Priceless Scale bug.

I would say it's only a problem on your client side. I'm sure when you relog, the effects are gone. Sometimes I have that. I remove a crystal to put another in but it doesn't allow it because it still thinks, there's a crystal in there. Seems a likewise problem for you
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

No, you mis-understand.
    You can add say a +100 health crystal,
    Then remove it and add a +60 str crystal,
    remove it and add a +60 dex crystal.

It adds all 3 to the scale and to your stats when equipped. always the 3rd one is over written if you add a 4th crystal.

A question regarding this, when the crystals are added then removed and the item is equipped do your stats actually change to match the listed crystal effects?

Yup. Leading to a very over protected Dragon
    I had wondered why the scales were selling for silly high prices....now I know.
    Not sure on the Bi-ped weapons if its the same.

.......also explains how some Dragons have been able to solo Valkor and SoG so easily
    Last edited by Sindala; March 9th, 2014 at 09:56 AM.

I had wondered why the scales were selling for silly high prices
    Not sure on the Bi-ped weapons if its the same
    Insofar as I know, it works with anything that has a socket.

tested that on my socketed ceremonial chest scale and on a socketed weapon on blight. Not happening how you tell here.

Only thing I could test now if it's on the priceless one

btw on which shard are you doing that?

Edit:

I tested it on order with current blight patch. I cannot reproduce any of that. I put a crystal into the socketed priceless scale, then i replace it with another. the effect of the first crystal is gone and only the effects of the second are there
    Last edited by Pharaxes; March 9th, 2014 at 06:57 PM.
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)

over protected? i dont see how that 3 armor crystals would even come close to being overly proteced in any real way

Balit's stone adds 100 resistance in Fire/Ice/Energy/nature. now add that to the chest and 2 legs and there's 300 res in each just off one crystal. There are some other very nice crystals in-game that add ALOT of res.
    3 crystals per slot per piece is 9 extra armour crystals (should only be 3) and 3 jewelry crystals (should only be 1)

No, done correctly and your are very well protected

This is an old random bug that can't usually be reproduced. And then it happens right when you don't want it to, and can't equip a crystal because it thinks another is in there. I think its a client side lag bug. Putting item in house, then taking back out usually resets it, or a relog.

I don't think that has or had anything to do with priceless scales' "price" on consigners. The player selling them lists all scales at 200s each, not just those that can be socketed.

I would like to see a screenshot of such a scale having only one socket but effects of multiple crystals

Wish I had taken a screenie yesterday now. What ever it was it seems to have been sorted after todays maint.
    Like Guaran indicated, I was probably just bugged for the week and now i'm reset scales only take 1 crystal now.

......but I still let the Dev's know about a possible bug so I deserve brownie points towards a pad in Meadowhill ............(and a lair)

Quote Originally Posted by Sindala View Post
    scales only take 1 crystal now.
    which is as intended

Quote Originally Posted by Sindala View Post
    ......but I still let the Dev's know about a possible bug so I deserve brownie points towards a pad in Meadowhill ............(and a lair)
    you don't know how many people report bugs over support.istaria.com, what about them?

Interesting idea yes but I will debate the well protected in some cases it is possible to get 700+ resistance on somethings so a +300 resistance is minimal reduction. generally the most common damage is physical based vs elemental types excluding undead bipeds and some golems

Thread Information