Thread: fiery rift bi ped portal

Default fiery rift bi ped portal

The bi ped portal is broken. The Npc shows an orange bubble over his head but greeting him delivers no quest.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Default Re: fiery rift bi ped portal

Just right click the gate and select the Fiery rift, costs 2s to enter. I think there was going to be a quest at one point but it never made it to live.
    They just 'apparently' got a gate to work to a place Dragons have to quest to enter........Slay is still not happy that Bi-peds are in there atall

Quote Originally Posted by Sindala View Post
    Just right click the gate and select the Fiery rift, costs 2s to enter. I think there was going to be a quest at one point but it never made it to live.
    They just 'apparently' got a gate to work to a place Dragons have to quest to enter........Slay is still not happy that Bi-peds are in there atall
    Right click like the Doom portal? I could of swore I tried that. I heard many people were utilizing setscale to attempt to gain access to the elder council in the Lair to port.

To get in the Council of elders, you go to the back side, where you see the Ribcage chamber.

On the left side when facing north, there's a bit of a crevice in the mountain, about 1m left of the left edge of the rib cage. You can jump climb up the little steps, and make it to the top. From there, just go north a bit, drop down to the front entrance of the Council Chamber. If you have a Stone of Seeking with you, greet V'Tieruu and he will attune you to the Fiery Rift.

p.s. Be polite to the council members, I wouldn't recommend even speaking to any except V'Tieruu. And leave him alone once you are attuned.

btw, where is the biped portal you speak of?

There are two different quests. One for dragons and a different one for bipeds.

I figured out what happened with Ortan, no need to submit a support ticket as I'd asked for earlier.

There are actually two "Ortan"s right on top of one another. Literally in the same position. ONe of them will give you the quest, the other won't, of course.

I've removed the one that won't, but it will take a Content Update before this reaches the live shards.

In the mean time, you can keep trying "/select Ortan" while standing by him and hoping that it selects the right one, but it is rather a shot in the dark as to if you'll select the correct one. Sorry about the bug.
    Last edited by Velea; March 13th, 2014 at 01:45 PM.

Thank you Velea, I noticed this quite a while ago but was too lazy to mention it. I kept hoping that someone else would to no prevail. Maybe if you select Ortan and greet and no quest set scale him down and greet the one behind him could work.

@Guaran, the Biped portal is opposite side of the mtn as the rib cage. How could you miss that? hehe

Specifically, the biped portal is right next to the t4 gems (the pure jade section, IIRC).
    Chaos: Xingolos PlagueWind (31 Hatchling: 23)---Cilok Magmaborn (retired Lunus Ancient: 100/100/60)---Turacegos Blizzardwing (20 Hatchling: 19)---Bilkur Tinkerton (Gnome adjusting to life on Spirit Isle)

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    There are two different quests. One for dragons and a different one for bipeds.

I figured out what happened with Ortan, no need to submit a support ticket as I'd asked for earlier.

There are actually two "Ortan"s right on top of one another. Literally in the same position. ONe of them will give you the quest, the other won't, of course.

I've removed the one that won't, but it will take a Content Update before this reaches the live shards.

In the mean time, you can keep trying "/select Ortan" while standing by him and hoping that it selects the right one, but it is rather a shot in the dark as to if you'll select the correct one. Sorry about the bug.
    Still broken.... any chance this can go live please?

There hasn't been a Content Update, so yes, it would still be broken on Chaos and Order.

And no, we can't pick and choose which bits from a delta to push to live.

But I can tell you that it is fixed on Blight so when the Content Update is applied to live, it will be fixed.

Will bipeds have to do a quest to get in?

I thought that the Dragons had to do quest, make stone of seeking, and then provide it to the biped for them to be granted access. It was like a dragon was giving them "permission". Once they have the stone, they greet V'Tieru, he attunes them.

All the bipeds really needed was a way into the council chambers. Leave the attune quest to accept Bipeds. Dragons provide the stone of seeking which allows the attunement to work. But I saw in patch notes they are changing the attune quest to not allow bipeds anymore...

So the bipeds are just getting in by teleporting... I don't like that. The bipeds have to have the stone of seeking to be able to damage anything in the Fiery Rift anyway... that's why requiring one to attune, even for the bipeds, seemed to make sense to me.

So, what is it going to require for bipeds to get in? I guess U can go to the gate on Blight and give it a try...

Correct, the content is on blight so its available to check out and determine what is required. I am closing this thread since this bug is fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Will bipeds have to do a quest to get in?

I thought that the Dragons had to do quest, make stone of seeking, and then provide it to the biped for them to be granted access. It was like a dragon was giving them "permission". Once they have the stone, they greet V'Tieru, he attunes them.

All the bipeds really needed was a way into the council chambers. Leave the attune quest to accept Bipeds. Dragons provide the stone of seeking which allows the attunement to work. But I saw in patch notes they are changing the attune quest to not allow bipeds anymore...

So the bipeds are just getting in by teleporting... I don't like that. The bipeds have to have the stone of seeking to be able to damage anything in the Fiery Rift anyway... that's why requiring one to attune, even for the bipeds, seemed to make sense to me.

So, what is it going to require for bipeds to get in? I guess U can go to the gate on Blight and give it a try...
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information