Thread: Can I see yours?

Realm of Order [Elsewhere: Los Angeles or Wesley Chapel]

Default Can I see yours?

Can anyone post some URLs to a picture or attache a picture of the various Tier houses?
    Also, does one have to be a certain level to build a house? I can harvest the materials for a Tier 1 and Tier 2 house (or so it seems) but my Crafting Level is only 4, I believe.

Any help, thanks.

jPhaelluin
    Human Mage and Scholar on Order
    j'Phaelluin:Mage/Monk/Scholar/Cleric,Druid,Scout,Warrior/Blacksmith/OutfitterTiaeruih:Scout/Cleric,Mage,Warrior/Outfitter/Scholar,BlacksmithMhoss:7DragonAdventure/3Crafter

Most likely in a crafting field somewhere

Default Re: Can I see yours?

There are seperate "Construction" schools when it comes to building structures, these are: Fitting, Masonary, Weaving, Enchanting and Carpentary, you need a certain amount of skill in the appropriate school to be able to "build".

There are, or atleast were certain requirements to join the construction schools, if you talk to one of the trainers they will tell you what you need, the community website is good for showing which skills each school gives, that maybe useful to you.

Once you have joined a construction school you are instantly high enough to do Tier I work.

Hope this info helps you, oh and as far as seeing different houses, do a litte exploring and im sure you will find many.

Proud and loyal members of Battalion
    Xarii Ani - Dryad - Chaos shard
    Quazi Ani - Dragon - Chaos shard

Thanks that helps a lot. Now just to find those houses...
    Are there any in Dalimond, hmm?
    j'Phaelluin:Mage/Monk/Scholar/Cleric,Druid,Scout,Warrior/Blacksmith/OutfitterTiaeruih:Scout/Cleric,Mage,Warrior/Outfitter/Scholar,BlacksmithMhoss:7DragonAdventure/3Crafter

Boryon

You need 150 base skill in the appropriate processing skill to join a construction school.

Also, I highly recommend that you don't start building until you are optimal at applying the resources to a building, or you will go out of your mind due to the extra resources required.

Boryon

Can you explain this to me? What is appropiate processing skill? What is a
    processing skill? How can I become optimal at applying resources to a building if I don't build it first?

gopher65

There are certain schools that allow you to be a builder. Enchanter, Weaver, Mason, Carpenter, and Fitter. I think that is all. For all of these schools you have join a "base" school first. For Carpenter you can either be a Gatherer or a Blacksmith (I know blacksmith seems weird doesn't it:P).

Each of these schools allows you to "apply" (build) a certain type of resource onto a structure. A Carpenter gains Carpentry Skill. This skill allows you to create Wooden Timbers and Wooden Braces. These are used in building a house. The higher your level is, the high your skill will be. The higher your skill, all the better to build youwith my dear (haha).

For instance: As a Carpenter you can harvest Cedar Logs from Cedar Trees. This is the lowest level of wood. You then "process" this wood by cutting it using a tool and a machine (a wood saw (tool) and a machine whose name I can't remember:)). After you are finished processing it you will have "Cedar Boards". You then take another tool (carpentry hammer) and make those boards into a building material. In the case of Cedar Boards you can make either Cedar Timbers or Cedar Braces. Both of these are used in the construction of simple low lvl houses, shops, taverns, gambling halls, guild houses, and silos.

After you have make your building materials (lets use timbers), you take them to an incomplete structure. Double click on the structure and it will present you with a list of resouces that it needs to have in order to be completed. If Cedar Timbers are needed, double click on them, and then then choose how many you want to apply using your ever handy Carpentry Hammer.

As you can see, crafting is not a particularily simple proccess. It isn't as complex as in EQII (thankfully), but it still takes time and practice to learn how to do it in the most effiencent way possible.

Thanks. I even seen some of these houses, and unfinished plots.
    As for Everquest 2 -- Ihaven't gotten to the complicated part of crafting. so far it is very similar to Horizons, but thank GOD not as AWFUL as Star Wars Galaxies.

Thread Information