Thread: Talk to the Team: Knight of Creation

Threaded View

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Knight of Creation

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure paladins cannot cast the full range of healing spells... But they can cast just about every other mystic spell.

I'll +1 to Amons idea/clarification that any new sword/amor abilities being buffs, but I'd still like to see a summoned 2 handed katana please :)

I'd like to see some, or at least one, of the shield buffs being group auras ;)

As much as I like those weapon buff suggestions, seems as though it might be 'too much'... Flame damage would be better suited to battlemage, energy for chaos warrior (magus style), undead for paladin (stand against the darkness), healing for healer (aura of health). Don't get me wrong, I love the suggestion, but it's almost as though other schools could diminish as a result. Perhaps something simpler, like convert damage to crush/pierce with addition DPS? Boring I know, it's 6am and I'm going back to sleep now :p

edit: no going back to sleep :( just wanted to add, we do want weapon buffs to account for the lack of techs/crystals, so those suggestion are in fact pretty good.
    Yeah, the whole idea revolves around "make the summon-able waepons at least comparable to tech'd weapons." This has to be accomplished by being able to add things that do stuff akin to techs/sockets, so.. procs, skill buffs, all sorts of other stuff. It'd basically shift KNoC into revolving heavily around their summoned weapon/shield, which seems to have been the nature of the class, rather than them just being a melee-type who can use a few summoning spells, as it presently stands.

As for Amon's post:

I think that list is a great basic idea. I don't think it's necessary to mimic *every* socket or tech possibility obviously, especially if a few options (such as the block-reactive shield heal) are unique, I think it'd be 100% fair to trade off the flexibility of normal socketed/tech'd gear for the flexibility of having fewer options, but being able to shift them around on the fly and having some unique/new ones.

Some "summong" type affects on the weapon might be neat - i.e. the 25% chance for damage type deal, to mimic ice hammer/flame spear, to keep with that theme. I'd steer away from some stuff like stuns or whatnot that may become too "Must have" and surpass everything else - the most interesting abilities when it comes to this sorta things are the ones that don't have an always-better-than-all-the-rest for every situation!

Some sort've ability-drain could be a neat sword effect - pull str or armor from the opponent (a transfer of matter, in the same vein as "banish armor"'s theme), possibly some + to summoning or casting skills if someone wanted to shore up their summoning spells a bit due to not being multiclassed fully. I think a shield heal-reactive would be neat, but don't think it'd fit on the sword, that's pushing a bit too paladin-ish side of things!

As for the shield: resistance/armor buffs, block chance buff, great, I think reactives when blocking are extremely spot on, especially with the shield being weird and ethereal and all.. Maybe even a few % chance on hit by spell type options? The KNoC could be something of a "mage-killer" type, considering their knightly magey mix!
    Last edited by Losian; March 22nd, 2014 at 12:03 AM.

Thread Information