Thread: Epic spell variations

Default Epic spell variations

After a queen hunt today, I wondered - why aren't there multiple /versions/ of Volcano?

In my opinion dragons have enough Epic spells - we get Drulkar's Wrath and Volcano, and according to shared recycle times Hero's Resolve counts as well.

However, I'd really enjoy it if there was, when one is turning in the token to get the epic spell after killing Shaloth, an option to get (for example) Dark Cyclone - with the exact same stats/cooldowntime/base damage as Volcano...Except it is nature damage and has the same animation as the biped version of Dark Cyclone.

This could also work for (someone correct me if I get the name/etc wrong) the biped spell Shining Blade(s)(?) that you get from that person along the road in that emptish structure near Mahagra/Kirasanct. An option to have the animation be an axe, or a spear, and so on would be quite nice.

That a dragon/biped got an epic spell at the end of the Myloc Threat questline(or whatever the name isof the questline that gives the lv75ish biped epic spell) wouldn't change - merely the animation/damage type would change.

Thoughts?

Default Re: Epic spell variations

I like that the spells match the lore leading up to them. I'm not fond of optional "other" spells at the end of the quest. Part of what makes them epic is the school level requirements underlying them.
    However, I do like the idea of being able to quest for all of them. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    I like that the spells match the lore leading up to them. I'm not fond of optional "other" spells at the end of the quest. Part of what makes them epic is the school level requirements underlying them.
    However, I do like the idea of being able to quest for all of them. :-)
    I would love to be able to quest for the spells that could fit into the category of dragon use but we don't currently have too, but thought that there really wasn't a chance of that - and so asked for what I considered the next best thing: being able to choose what animation and damage type I wanted so that it would fit the character. Note that I don't want to change the level requirement.

I kinda like, kinda don't like this idea.
    Changing the damage type and animation is boderline changing a spell completely. Borderline - unless you want to change so dragons can get the spell damage values too. Damage type also effects spell's output. In effect, it's giving a dragon biped spells.

I don't like the idea of dragons getting biped spell animations and damage types.
    Not only does it go against lore (dragons are primal beings, and shouldn't use biped magics...and don't tell me volcano is a biped spell bacuse it relies on primal for dragons.)
    But also means you're getting something biped. My problem with this, is, that dragons are REALLY EASY to raise, and to master, and to fight with, and to win with, already. I don't want them being EVEN EASIER to use with the aid of essentially, biped spells.
    The biped epics are a reward to say "You mastered the biped adventure system, you excelled in your art for a time, you managed to actually survive to this point, and you completed the quest...You deserve this!" (yes, from an amateur biped, this is what i see biped epic spells as)...for dragon mains, especially, because bipeds are really hard to get yoru head around after being a dragon. (hense why my kitty isn't very talented yet, haha)

Though improved epic spells for dragons would be welcome...but thats going into the zones of caster vs melee. And i think we're all tired of that one, lol.

I don't like the idea of dragons getting biped spell animations and damage types.
    Not only does it go against lore (dragons are primal beings, and shouldn't use biped magics...and don't tell me volcano is a biped spell bacuse it relies on primal for dragons.)
    Have the (for example...!) Dragon version of Dark Cyclone rely on primal skill. Lorewise, I don't think dragons are so lacking in skill with primal that they couldn't whip up a cyclone with it.

My problem with this, is, that dragons are REALLY EASY to raise, and to master, and to fight with, and to win with, already. I don't want them being EVEN EASIER to use with the aid of essentially, biped spells.
    I just want some variety in how my epic spell looks - and only requested the damage type be changed because a cyclone dealing fire damage is ridiculous. It was probably unclear in my post, but you'd get a different looking epic spell instead of Volcano. getting two epic spells from that one quest would be unfair. Furthermore, I -did- say I had no wish to change the level requirement - how would having a spell that deals the same amount of damage as Volcano, except with a different animation and nature damage as well as shared a cooldown with everything volcano normally would, change how easy a dragon was to play?

I do think it would be neat for any biped who mastered all spell-casting schools to have the option of questing for primal magic.

For a dragon to start splintering magic like bipeds do, there would need to be an epic quest series with very intense requirements, to come up with something that does not completely refute the lore of how dragons are designed to work. If not splintering the magic, then the damage done must be primal.

Quote Originally Posted by Azath View Post
    ...Not only does it go against lore (dragons are primal beings, and shouldn't use biped magics...and don't tell me volcano is a biped spell bacuse it relies on primal for dragons.)...
    Without wading too deep into this argument, Primal magic is that from which all others are derived.

Any Epic spell should be quested for, I would be ok with new quests for new spells, however dev's see fit to implement them. Fury of the Power Demon for Wizards (aka Fury of the Energy Demon), Banshee for Spiritists, Fire Tornado (could be both Mage and Dragon), Soul Gate (i don't know the dmg type, might be something for bloodmages, or sorcerers). There's one with a big skull that comes out, sorta looks like curse of enfeeblement, maybe make that a Shaman one.

The original idea of picking different spells at the end of the Myloc Queen questline I don't like.

here we go again .. the last time i suggested something a dragon gets to also be given to a biped I was immediately jumped on by dragons saying i am trying to start a dragon vs biped post , but seeming a dragon made this post ...nothing . I agree with Alisto that it would be nice to get other epic spells for dragons but lets leave biped spells out of it and develop new spells or lets look at given biped spells that would mimic certain dragon abilities ( only different and uses different elements )and I agree with guaran and the others and lets keep the reward for the queen hunt like it is

I am completely with azath and terrox here.
    Leave drags what drags is- and bipeds what bipeds is

" Was it the monk who dreamed he was a buttrerfly-or a butterfly who dreamed it was a monk?" (old ZEN saying)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    I would be ok with new quests for new spells, however dev's see fit to implement them. Fury of the Power Demon for Wizards (aka Fury of the Energy Demon), Banshee for Spiritists, Fire Tornado (could be both Mage and Dragon), Soul Gate (i don't know the dmg type, might be something for bloodmages, or sorcerers). There's one with a big skull that comes out, sorta looks like curse of enfeeblement, maybe make that a Shaman one.
    Soul Gate - spirit, and the skull one is Dancing Bones - blight damage
    I totally support G here. Its not the first time we speaking about epic spells that are actually exist and scripted (not just as raw spell effect in the game client) but never been released for players, and i really dont get it why. In my opinion its a huge waste of exciting animation that everyone would enjoy. They are worthy reward for brand new epic quest lines that will keep players busy adventuring together as well. Lets see - Gruk still not involved into any epic quest, as example, so why not work something out on that front.
    Timeo danaos et dona ferentis..

other epic spells for dragons
    This was the main goal of the suggestion. All dragons get (spell wise) is Volcano and Drulkar's wrath - IIRC, Drulkar's wrath is kinda bad. Would love more options.

I'd also like to (re)point out...
    (for example) Dark Cyclone
    This part of my post for clarity.

Thread Information