Thread: Some things i don't like

Default Some things i don't like

Rating...
    Biped: don't work, first isn't real or a biped with 200+ could kill everything, and is not the case. Second can't help friends for lvl or adv, like other do much better. Have 2 limitations, can't use high tier equipment (armor/weapon/spell) for lvl up and low xp from high rating. Both are too much. Trophy, 10 use of each is too few, maybe 5 for each class is better.
    Dragon rating is 100, still 100, if hatchy with 0 quest done or ancient with all done. But quest for dragon are like multiclass for biped, and rating low.
    So both need to be fixed.

Biped attack: too few damage and/or too high recycle. In combat except healer/druid all the other class in big fight are useless. So 1 healer and 3 dragons, 2 healer and 6 dragons... and so on... Adding HP to mobs because dragons kill too fast only make the problem bigger for biped, so isn't a fix for the game.

Cargo armor: have to change on each class for lvl limit (so at some point have 5 tier in vault), can't use extra storage in combat like a dimensional pouch, waste of time while gathering for mobs (long fight for kill)

Superior ress: add a lower one and masterable. Dragon have 1 every 10 mins only doing ROP, not even a quest for that. All the mage kind can't ress. Only healer have superior ress. All the other only normal with DP and only if multiclassed. Too few.

Silos: should be nice to have more space items for less silos in plot, so maybe 1 item for silos t1-2, 2 items for silos t3-4, 3 items for silos t5-6. Should be nice to have color for tier and some picture for thing inside, at least mats like brick, orb, bar... Maybe some flag on top for open/close/guild open.

Sorry for poor english, first post, maybe the last, hope it help.

Default Re: Some things i don't like

don't work, first isn't real or a biped with 200+ could kill everything, and is not the case.
    Rating isn't supposed to be your level. Levels only go up to 100. Rating combines the levels of all the schools you have into one number. Level gains increase your character's overall power a whole lot more than rating - a /lot/ more.

can't use high tier equipment
    Don't quite know what you're trying to say here, but if you have a lv100 crafting school, you can wear t5 triple teched padded ironsilk gear while in any adventure school. Hope that info helps

Biped attack: too few damage and/or too high recycle
    It gets a lot better at later ratings - don't forget to scribe all the spells you possibly can.

Trophy, 10 use of each is too few, maybe 5 for each class is better.
    Trouble understanding here too - but if you're saying that 10 turn ins of 5 trophies for twice exp is too few, and it should be changed to 5 turn ins for any trophy for max exp per adventure school before the exp gain halves, then a nice idea! However, I think it'd (5 per trophy per school) result in far to quick leveling.

Dragon rating is 100, still 100, if hatchy with 0 quest done or ancient with all done. But quest for dragon are like multiclass for biped, and rating low.
    Insofar as I know (I could be wrong), there were dragon schools, but they were scrapped. Currently, it's balancing issues preventing - what do with gold rage? Again, just guessing on this one.

have to change on each class for lvl limit
    I recommend using normal cloth armor teched with crafting techs to level crafting. Don't worry about cargo gear until you've got max construction schools. You can sit in a lv100 adventure school and wear t5 crafting armor, which helps a lot, or vice versa as i said earlier.

Superior ress:
    Dragons get one after the ancient rite of passage, not the adult rite of passage. Also, the ability only recently got lowered to 10 minutes from an hour - which was long overdue, I'd say. We dragons don't always have bipeds around (*whispers* Riiiiiiift runs...*cough* agonizing to wait for everyone's resurrect to cooldown before you can take a whack at Elial again).

All the mage kind can't ress
    Off the top of my head, druid, cleric, healer, bloodmage, ranger, shaman(?). I could be wrong on some of those, but the list under who can use the resurrect spell seems quite fair to me, with one school that can rez with no DP.

Silos: should be nice to have more space items for less silos in plot
    From the Blight Delta -
    The bulk limit of Vaults has been increased:
    Commoner's Vault (the first one you have) now has a bulk limit of 20,000.
    Shareholder's Vaults I through X now increase bulk by 24,000 to 150,000
    Correspondingly, the bulk limit of Houses, Guild Houses, Lairs, and Lair Halls has been increased.
    Note: Stack limits have not been increased with this change.
    Note2: This change does not impact legacy houses or guild houses.

IIRC, more bulk is ok, but more stacks for items takes up too much space.

In combat except healer/druid all the other class in big fight are useless.
    There's a beserker on Order (Hiya Starlight! *waves*) who hits like a dragon. I haven't added up damage from a fight because of all the numbers and lines of damage, but I saw a 5700 crit strike in there somewhere, and 1000ish auto attacks. Demon flurry also allows rangers/ELARs to do mass amounts of damage. Blood mages are also very, very, veeeeery strong.

Hope this helps a bit.

Rating isn't my level, i know, but when i'm out with friends and those don't take xp is a problem. So split in another way. On the number of the group, then modify for the level or rating. But 0 xp from a group a 5 mobs who almost kill us because for rating are too easy don't work. And i can't find bigger group, 5 queen at the same time aren't in game and maybe are difficult to do.

For using padded armor... yeah we can "cheat" with 1 craft class to 100. We can use some jwl too, or t6 later even at 20 if rating jump high enough. But if after 6-7 school i know how to use a 91 armor, a 95 weapon or spell, why i have to use a lower tier? 1 limitations is enough. So or rating for xp or lvl for equipment. But for rating have to be fixed the problem in group.

Biped attack make few damage and long recycle, critical attack make nice damage, not like a dragon but nice, but every what? 5 mins? Until is recharged what i do? Make a coffee?

Fast lvl and power... Power after 6-7 class, maybe 9, don't change, so rating go high for simple math. Fast... well hunting 18-20k trophy take some time, so maybe fast isn't the right word, boring, waste of time, something like maybe sound better. And for fast... raising a dragon take me about 12 days for raise craft to 100, then using scale adv t5 about 2 day for raise adv to 100, then 4 days for fix adv quest I-X. This is fast for me. For biped and lvl up raise don't work too much.

Dragon, better if ancient and with all quest done, are awesome for make group with lower lvl and power up, rating 100, don't steal any xp, work great.

Cargo gear. Dragon have dimensional pocket or pouch. Can use everytime and with adv armor if necessary, help a bit for hunt for treasure. Biped have to change.

Superior ress. When you are out in 2, healer and mage, healer die... so? If devs have done some area only for dragon is a biped fault? Ah waiting for biped only area too at this point, so maybe in this way biped need a way for make damage. Because if first we have to create a problem and then solve in some way this is the right way for add ability to a toon.

Fly... at least for me, biped need to fly at max 50 meters from the ground, so not in the sky, 50 meters for possibility to go afk for bath or answer the phone without running half Istaria for a safe place or need to recall, for not aggring half server when go in ED or run from a mob aggring another 10, wasting less time running... So fly isn't only nice, can do a lot of useful things. Can summon a volcano or cyclone and... can't fly? Seem stupid.

what you want is a different game.
    Things make more sense when you know more about Istaria.
    It was never ment to be an easy one.
    See the challenges- face them-and enjoy.
    Life is not always a bowl of cherries- even not in Istaria.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I'm fine, already 278/234, and without double xp.
    A lot of craft class raised in the past, when we hadn't t6 and for t5 you need a group for help with mobs.

So, for the work a biped need to do for raise, not all, but maybe 10 class, the "reward" is too low.

I see a challenge in raise a biped but not the reward.
    And i see a huge reward in raise a dragon, but not the challenge.

When i see group of 6 dragons and 2 healer/druid i feel something is wrong. Biped have tons of ability but seem are useless because is better damage. So biped in other school are useless.

Need a fix on this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Berseker View Post
    I'm fine, already 278/234, and without double xp.
    A lot of craft class raised in the past, when we hadn't t6 and for t5 you need a group for help with mobs.

So, for the work a biped need to do for raise, not all, but maybe 10 class, the "reward" is too low.

I see a challenge in raise a biped but not the reward.
    And i see a huge reward in raise a dragon, but not the challenge.

When i see group of 6 dragons and 2 healer/druid i feel something is wrong. Biped have tons of ability but seem are useless because is better damage. So biped in other school are useless.

Need a fix on this thing.
    This is..Bipeds are SUPERIOR to dragons. Bipeds have much much much much much much much much (you get the idea) more than dragons can even comprehend.
    A group is different. A group situation usually means at least one ped is in a mystic/healer class because well, if you need to group for mobs then you probably need a healer.
    But a biped alone has a huge plethora of schools, abilties etc. to master. Only very few are created for group support. People so hunt alone, and if biped classes were focused primarily on support then no one would get anywhere.
    A dragon needs a biped for hunting soemtimes, because a dragon is actually terrible if you think about it: put it this way:
    Dragon - Has GR, a res, and snarl. Thats it. Cannot stun for long so no advantage over mobs, cannot sap efficeintly, cannot do anything even close to most peds. And GR? Well, zerkers beat the damage from GR. And if GR misses...
    Biped - Zerkers have uber damage, mages have magical multicasts and insta-kill combos, don't rely on one attack (GR), you have those who stun and move (rangers) to assault, multiple resses & heals, sapping spells and roots etc. etc. etc.
    And for crafting peds are still better. Peds > scrolls, potions, food, plot/silos. Dragons > Crystals. And crystals aren't widely usable anyway, so even bipeds are better.

More work, more reward.
    Dragons are little work for little reward, Bipeds are a lot of work for huge reward.7

And P.S. please keep in mind just because dragons have a GR which does a lot of damage, by no means is it doing anymore damage than a ped. I'd say peds are much deadlier than dragons, and you figth a dragon vs ped, and compare dragon/ped vs mobs and the results WILL show the ped is better. Dragons are just quick kills and tanks. Peds are everything else including tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Azath View Post
    This is..Bipeds are SUPERIOR to dragons. Bipeds have much much much much much much much much (you get the idea) more than dragons can even comprehend.
    A group is different. A group situation usually means at least one ped is in a mystic/healer class because well, if you need to group for mobs then you probably need a healer.
    But a biped alone has a huge plethora of schools, abilties etc. to master. Only very few are created for group support. People so hunt alone, and if biped classes were focused primarily on support then no one would get anywhere.
    A dragon needs a biped for hunting soemtimes, because a dragon is actually terrible if you think about it: put it this way:
    Dragon - Has GR, a res, and snarl. Thats it. Cannot stun for long so no advantage over mobs, cannot sap efficeintly, cannot do anything even close to most peds. And GR? Well, zerkers beat the damage from GR. And if GR misses...
    Biped - Zerkers have uber damage, mages have magical multicasts and insta-kill combos, don't rely on one attack (GR), you have those who stun and move (rangers) to assault, multiple resses & heals, sapping spells and roots etc. etc. etc.
    And for crafting peds are still better. Peds > scrolls, potions, food, plot/silos. Dragons > Crystals. And crystals aren't widely usable anyway, so even bipeds are better.

More work, more reward.
    Dragons are little work for little reward, Bipeds are a lot of work for huge reward.7

And P.S. please keep in mind just because dragons have a GR which does a lot of damage, by no means is it doing anymore damage than a ped. I'd say peds are much deadlier than dragons, and you figth a dragon vs ped, and compare dragon/ped vs mobs and the results WILL show the ped is better. Dragons are just quick kills and tanks. Peds are everything else including tanks.
    very well said Azath

If biped are so good... why for big hunt call dragons if are so bad? Never saw a healer and a berserk fight SoG alone... Or 2 healer and 1 knoc, 2 berserk, 1 reaver and 2 paladin doing a queen hunt... Maybe when someone see can make a call in market so we can take picture.

you find that many high level bipeds on Order at the same time and then maybe it would be tried

why for big hunt call dragons if are so bad?
    For one, you need a dragon for Reklar.

Furthermore, I've found that people just don't know it's possible when it actually is. They come into the game and find people getting huge groups for things, and then think that's the only way, so no one even tries.

Aaaand lastly, dragons are easy to level. One hundred levels. Do some quests, get a set of scales/claw and you're good to go for pretty much anything. Bipeds...I tried building a melee character one day ( A reaver/beserker - still a WIP >_> I'm maybe halfway there atm ) via the adventure calculator. I found that I'd end up with ~200 rating before I had all the abilities I wanted - and I would still have to craft a suit of armor/jewelry/weapon. So, it's just easier to get a bunch of dragons than it is to get a bunch of bipeds.

Edit: My biped went up against Valkor alone back when the skeleton was stunnable. I believe said biped was half naked at the time, full set of unteched t6 jewelry, t6 weapon/shield, along with some healing spells and debuffs/mezs (didn't have damage ones at the time). We tied. A dragon would go squish in that situation very quickly.

you name it Alisto. and as usual you are right.

And after all those years- (I never played a biped) - I never found out what made some of my friends so uber.
    Definitely not the rating- they all hardly scratched 200.
    I have the strong feeling it has a lot to do with that they know how to play the game,
    how to fight a special mob, which gear/weapon to use, which attacs, schools, defenses aso
    (you can tell Alisto, I know:-) )
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Thread Information