Thread: Suggestions for resurrecting this wonderful game

Default Suggestions for resurrecting this wonderful game

You may hear a lot of complaints about the graphics. I'm not one of those. Content and accessibility are much more important than trying to keep up with the latest, greatest graphics.

In no particular order:

1. Get rid of the some of the archaic time synchs. Quality content(which the game has) is better at prolonging subscriptions than frustrating time synchs. You built a large, wonderful world to explore, then you made the pace of walking through this world just barely above the need to visit a dentist. Increase walking speed on open terrain. Also, remove the speed penalties on cargo pods, or allow recall with them. One or the other.

2. Increase the weight limits on the vaults. Make it feasible for us to actually use the vaults for storage. I get my hands on some materials that I feel I will need in the future, but can't store it, because vault weight is a premium.

3. I understand the feel for the need of a separate RP server, but right now, the populations are so low, that player economy is almost non-existent. Combine the servers, if possible, for now.

4. Step into modern gaming with the consignment merchants. Let each one be universal, so players don't have to hop all over the place, searching each one.

5. Whatever you do, please do NOT give in to the PvP crowd. Or, if you do, make it some kind of arena based thing, with the rewards only being aesthetic for bragging rights. I have 14+ years experience in MMO's and PvP typically increases the amount of abusive players. I only have a total of a 4-5 months in this game, over the years, but I never asked a question in chat and got a smart*** reply in this game. The community is friendly, helpful, or at the very least, keep it to themselves. PvP tends to attract griefers and l33t d00dz. No thanks.

Just my two cents worth. I'm sure you have heard it all before, but this game is awesome, in the way it presents the crafting, multi-classing, and especially the dragons. Let those qualities sell your product and get rid of the speed bumps holding you back.

Default Re: Suggestions for resurrecting this wonderful game

Quote Originally Posted by SillyGoober View Post
    Increase the weight limits on the vaults. Make it feasible for us to actually use the vaults for storage. I get my hands on some materials that I feel I will need in the future, but can't store it, because vault weight is a premium.
    Just curious.... Did you look at the latest patch notes before making this post? Are you wanting them increased even more?

I understand the feel for the need of a separate RP server, but right now, the populations are so low, that player economy is almost non-existent. Combine the servers, if possible, for now.
    Somehow I have a feeling that everyone on Order would really disagree with this statement. They would all loose their plots that they've built for years, many of them would not be able to simply buy the plot on the new server as it is already owned. Or if we merged the two into a new server, and did some sort of "land grab", there would still be an awful lot of angry players who would have lost their plot.

Step into modern gaming with the consignment merchants. Let each one be universal, so players don't have to hop all over the place, searching each one.
    This is, and has been for quite some time, on our list. However, the technology for achieving this is simply not something we have at this time.

5. Whatever you do, please do NOT give in to the PvP crowd. Or, if you do, make it some kind of arena based thing, with the rewards only being aesthetic for bragging rights. I have 14+ years experience in MMO's and PvP typically increases the amount of abusive players. I only have a total of a 4-5 months in this game, over the years, but I never asked a question in chat and got a smart*** reply in this game. The community is friendly, helpful, or at the very least, keep it to themselves. PvP tends to attract griefers and l33t d00dz. No thanks.
    This has been discussed to death and back on various other threads, so don't need to do so again here.

I appreciate the reply. I haven't read the patch notes, so I'll go do that. I understand their may be technology restraints as roadblocks. I don't want to sound like I'm "crying." I think the ideas for this game, are the best on the market, even being 10 years old. I would love to see you guys make a come back and actually have so many active subs that you have to add a few servers.

Thanks for the bulk increase in the vaults. That will be immensely useful and helpful.
    Last edited by SillyGoober; March 25th, 2014 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Somehow I have a feeling that everyone on Order would really disagree with this statement. They would all loose their plots that they've built for years, many of them would not be able to simply buy the plot on the new server as it is already owned. Or if we merged the two into a new server, and did some sort of "land grab", there would still be an awful lot of angry players who would have lost their plot.
    Oh no just on plots.
    I'm pretty certain the majority of the population of order would leave the game if this happened for various reasons which i really won't go into because those things will offend most of chaos. Plots are only a part of it. But on that point - a server merge would do more bad than it would good. Because people would leave.

Oh no just on plots.
    I'm pretty certain the majority of the population of order would leave the game if this happened for various reasons which i really won't go into because those things will offend most of chaos. Plots are only a part of it. But on that point - a server merge would do more bad than it would good. Because people would leave.
    I only meant that as a temporary solution until populations grew enough to splinter back off. I did add "if possible," and apparently it wouldn't be possible. I understand the different approaches to the game on the two servers, but didn't really grasp there is that kind of animosity. I have not, personally, run into any kind of rudeness or aggression from anyone. If the community could keep this standard of civility and yet grow enough to provide a robust player economy, then Istaria would be the absolutely best game on the market, bar none. It wouldn't even be a close race.

P.S. In case I didn't say so, I appreciate a developer reading and responding to the post, even if it was all stuff you have heard before. Thank you.

I wish there was an easy solution to population.. I always *want* to play on Order, but don't want to have a bunch of bare consigners and ghost-town channels due to the extremely low population.. but on the flip side, some of the Chaos crowd is less socially-minded and doesn't really pitch in or participate outside of a solo experience, either.. It's kind've a catch 22! I never have such a hard time choosing servers just based on their sheer playability by merit of community.

Merging Order and Chaos? I would absolutely leave with my two subs if that happened, I love Order the way it is thank you very much. The fact that the shard is quieter and the people there will usually help if they can is what kept me playing Istaria. As for a player economy, well there might not always be what you're looking for on the consigners but you can always find someone willing to make it if you poke around and there are people who try to keep the consigners stocked with at least the low-level stuff so that new players don't have too much trouble starting out.

For the population issue I think the main problem is that when the average gamer hears Istaria they say "What's that?"
    At this point, the smallest bit of publicity helps immensely since most of the player base grows by word-of-mouth, people telling their friends about the game or they stumble across Istaria like I did when looking for a game you can play as a dragon found Istaria as really the only one that offers that.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Thread Information