Thread: epic loot suggestion

Default epic loot suggestion

this is just a suggestion but instead of making epic drops into tokens . could we have an Npc that we could trade some of our extra epic pieces for the rare pieces that have eluded us . you could assign each piece with a set number valve and the rare pieces be worth the highest value . thios way you could still have player enjoying epic hunts and knowing that they could eventually get the piece(or pieces ) they need. But you could only trade reklar pieces for reklar pieces , etc

Default Re: epic loot suggestion

This.
    +1

Certianly cuts confusion with tokens, dailies etc. etc. etc.

Not a bad idea.

But there are players who can go months without ever winning the Random. There's also been ways to cheat/fake the Random in years past. Using quests/tokens will make it more evenly reward all the participants and avoids those problems.

Not a huge fan of the tokens idea myself... but they might be able to do it right.

I support your idea 100 percent, terrox.

Seems fair for those who care and go out hunting (some for so many years now.}
    And I do not care about whiners, who want to have it all and now.
    I dislike the Idee of tokens
    cheating with random can be easily prevented.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I prefer this idea to tokens as well +1

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Not a bad idea.

But there are players who can go months without ever winning the Random. There's also been ways to cheat/fake the Random in years past. Using quests/tokens will make it more evenly reward all the participants and avoids those problems.

Not a huge fan of the tokens idea myself... but they might be able to do it right.
    I have to agree with Guaran here for these reasons, that is if a token system isn't going to happen. I would say it all depends on how they want to implement the system involved. If it is done right, then there shouldn't be a problem.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

i am 1 of the ones that have gone months without a random win . i believe the cheating at randoms was fixed awhile back . and yes Guaran you are right that it would be nice to get something from a hunt . ( let the other party members still get a token (( for legancy pieces or techs ))after random is done for a battle well done ) , but lets keep epics the way they are ( maybe adjust the drop rates). I really did not want this thread to be another post about dalies , tokens .. etc . i was just wondering if the Npc could also exchange our epic spare pieces for other ones we might need

For epic loot, I much prefer this idea to any inclusion of Dailies or tokens. Please leave the Epic loot separate from the dailies! A vendor to swap like for like would be welcomed I believe.

I don't know what the drop rates are like, but I wonder if they are internally different, or if each piece is suppose to have the same chance? With my experience, I'm certainly leaning towards the idea they have different drop rates So I think it's about time they all had the same chance to drop please.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    For epic loot, I much prefer this idea to any inclusion of Dailies or tokens. Please leave the Epic loot separate from the dailies! A vendor to swap like for like would be welcomed I believe.

I don't know what the drop rates are like, but I wonder if they are internally different, or if each piece is suppose to have the same chance? With my experience, I'm certainly leaning towards the idea they have different drop rates So I think it's about time they all had the same chance to drop please.
    And a "Merchant" that will allow us to trade peice 1 for peice 4. Perhaps he even insists that it has to be a Blood claw piece to obtain a blood claw piece

No we can not just leave it out separate from dailies, for that was actually the whole reason behind the idea of introducing dailies in the first place. It just grew from a way to fix epic loot issues to include all the other stuff we've been crying out for over the years to be reintroduced.

Even if we have a token system, it would be important I think to limit it so that its not so easy to get an epic item finished and completed as to have it in less than three days of constant camping/hunting. I don't like limitations but I believe Alisto has pointed out something very sensible in his posts on the dailies thread that limitations are part of all games. I view them as needed for balance so things are not too easy. I would like epic loot and items obtainable, not instantaneous.

I don't mind a token system or a vendor that allows us to buy the pieces with the tokens, and I do still think that hunting the epic is and should be necessary to making the item/gathering the loot I prefer the ideas that Amon has laid out in the dailies thread, but I'll just wait to see how they are implemented. So long as we can do away with the problem we have now of a one person takes all system and make it possible for the pieces of the epic items to be obtainable at a reasonable time scale for effort put forth, then I'm all good with that.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

I admit this suggestion only addresses half the problem of epic loot, that the rare pieces could be traded for with other pieces, but still leaves the issue that only one person from each fight comes away with the glory. I'm just not personally comfortable with the idea that epic weapons could be collected by any other means than hunting the specific epic mob itself.

I made a similar comment in the Dailies, that if we were to just wait a bit to see how the Dailies are actually implemented, and how the risk/reward plays out, then we can go about adding the epic weapon/armor drops to the foray. But I understand that part of the reason Dailies/Tokens are being implemented is to achieve those epic pieces. At the moment it seems like you could get collect your tokens by completing Dailies, and then collect just one piece from the epic mob and have your item.

Given the choice, I'd prefer one quest for each of the current Epic mobs, and another set for the other gear. Adding to that, I guess we'd need a vendor for each of the epic mobs, and another for the other gear. I guess we have to debate the two issues together and the suggested solutions, as I suspect the Devs will go one way or another about it but not both. I'm still all for this idea
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

I'm not sure about if items are supposed to have different chances of dropping, but i sure as sugar know that there's currently HUGE gaps in drop rates and -that- isn't supposed to happen. It shouldn't take more than a few years to create ONE epic item, but it's taken for some players all of forever for some items, because some peices have pretty much a 1 in a billion drop rate. (exaggeration i know - but a million would be the truth with some things ;p)

Personally - right now i think we should seperate ideas. Dailies/toeksn etc for the old items and such shoudl come as planned, but i think the debate on what to do with epic loot is far from the point where a good system can be implemented as of yet. We seem to all have different ideas of how items should be obtained - and how fair things will be on players - though, i also think, that an item swap is the closest thing to a solution we can agree on until a proper one is made. (it doesn't sort out the fact that only 1 epic peice drops, but it's still better than the current system!)

Thread Information