Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "it is the eeend"

Default "it is the eeend"

- no more improvements
    - no more communication from AE
    - no new feature advertised for a near/far future

simply speaking, I really think that this game is over.

flap flap flap *helicopter blade noise in the sunrise*

Default Re: "it is the eeend"

Ummmm, okayyyyyy...

From what I hear the devs and Mr. Bowman seem to be doing all thier talking on IRC these days. It was just posted here on the suggestion boards that dragon work is being done at the moment, then comes furniture. So they do in fact have plans, they're just not telling them to everyone it seems.

Lairs and aRoP should be released within a month. Blight anchors just put in game. Blighted equipment almost released. Constant fixes.

Furniture and racial structures for Jan. As well as level cap increase and school balance.

I guess you are right..

AE peeps are not posting here since some day nor chatting in IRC for a very simple reason: they are moving to other offices at 5 minutes from the servers (earlier it was 45 minutes - so that was the minimum time to wait if servers crashed).
    David Bowman logged on IRC yesterday to tell this (well they announced the move too but I don't recall if on IRC only).

Anyway they are not gone, at least not for now.
    They'll take some more days to ready their stuff (they got internet yesterday) and then hopefully we'll return to see them on.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Horizons seems to be alive and well at the moment. Moving from one office to another takes time, and I am sure they were pretty much tied up with that. [;)]

Robert Quicksilver

Did I hear that level cap is raised next month too or did I dream that?

I just learned more about the upcoming content from your single post than from hours reading this website.

If only AE would employ ONE person to post some teaser threads I might re-subscribe when my present sub runs out on dec 3rd.

Moving offices huh? What's wrong with logging from home and posting a few updates?

Glocaug

To all of u guys that dont think AE has posted what they are working on, well they have. They hadlist of their priorites and things that where going to happen after the merge, the only thing is that it is now lost on the tazoon forums. But it is a couple months old so i wouldn't mind seeing an updated list [;)]

The devs are working on lairs and the A-ROP. Let the chums work.
    TIGRIS EUPHRATES and TEKKA RUNECLAW. Istarian Veteran, The Original Order Shard Herald, Herald of the Spirit Shard. Storm Disciple, Flame Disciple, Spirit Disciple, Ice Disciple, Monk, Ranger, Healer, Druid, Spiritist. Grand Master Biped Crafter.

Most likely in a crafting field somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Finduilas

Moving offices huh? What's wrong with logging from home and posting a few updates?
    What would be to update?

"we got the stuff into the truck ok"

"now on the road, ate lunch, progress seems good"

HEHE!

But seriously, have any of you ever moved house? well imagine that apart from having to organise it between a whole bunch of different people, moving is a pain give them a chance.

I think as of late they have been communicating alot more than they have in the past, thats a good thing!

Proud and loyal members of Battalion
    Xarii Ani - Dryad - Chaos shard
    Quazi Ani - Dragon - Chaos shard

I cannot guarantee on the results. Nor on the quality of them. Nor on the being well planned or anything.

But the single very thing that perspires when you chat with them is that they are making daily huge (_)|(_)

I hope that the effort sooner or later will bring good results.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh
    I cannot guarantee on the results. Nor on the quality of them. Nor on the being well planned or anything.

But the single very thing that perspires when you chat with them is that they are making daily huge (_)|(_)

I hope that the effort sooner or later will bring good results.
    Thats the best you can hope for.

not the end but AE needs to stop stacking the deck against themselves. IRC is not an acceptable means of communication with the playerbase. It reaks of elitism and arrogance and thats NOT something AE needs to be demonstrating right now.

It doesn't take that long to move corporate offices either. I have done of a few of those moves myself. That ran out as a plausible reason last week. Someone needs to remind AE to poke their head in here and say something.

I do not know anything about that IRC.

What I see is :

- a server (Unity) in really bad shape, whithout any valuable communication,

- a class (monk) broken from the beginning whithout any planned correction,

- a one year old game without any extension planned and less and less "event"

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfael
    - a one year old game without any extension planned and less and less "event"
    Without any extension planned? One year old?

Not many MMO's I know of release an expansion in the first year.

But if you actually meant extension, they are constantly adding extensions. Whether it be new events, bug fixes, player content. To me, they are all extensions.
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

If by releasing extensions you intend those nice $40 expansions you must buy every 6 months like for EQ, I have to say that I vastly prefer getting it free like they do here.

We got free continents to roam on, new kinds of houses, totally redone monsters (when they pop! [:O]), added tiers of mineral, added tiers of formulas.

Were they SOE they'd made you pay already at least 3 expansions.

Sure getting gradual updates is not as flashyas getting it all neatand packaged ata single time but still if you compare the game after 6 months it got quite new stuff.

An explansion is planned for later on, but the work isn't started yet. No info if its a paid upgrade or hz2 or anything.

I don't care if people like or dislike being on IRC. People might not want to read things on these forums either, doesn't make one more right or wrong other.

Thunndar

==Quote==

Not many MMO's I know of release an expansion in the first year.

Heh almost all of them have.

UO, EQ, DAOC, AO,SWG, even SB have all put out expansions about a year after the release.

Mathrone

Sorry AAO but IRC SHOULD NOT be used to pass information onto players. They havea FORUM for that. Player should not have to download IRC to find out from the makers of the game what is going on with the game and what their plans are when they have an offical forum for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathrone
    Player should not have to download IRC to find out from the makers of the game what is going on with the game and what their plans are when they have an offical forum for that.
    Download is an issue, the security hole of IRC is another to consider.

But for me I cannot sit in that chat windows 24 hours x 7 days, so that I am there when the news get passed over. I need to be able to get that news, when I do have time to sit and read.

Plus in theirc ... I have sat there a few time. Have you noticed that half (if not 3 quaters)of what is there is outside gametopics and/or bragging and/or whinnings.

No IRC ... is and should be a on the spot help tools & crisis center.
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

Wylde

I like the fact that you can get on IRC and talk to a developer. There was a rather nasty exploit that a guildmate of mine discovered the night before Thanksgiving. We were able to report it and have a partial patch in game rather quickly to fix it. Granted, there is still a problem but it is 1/10 as bad as it could have been. Hopefully that will be fixed Monday. And don't even think about asking me what the exploit was until its totally gone.

Wylde

Thread Information