Thread: Quest Rare Foods: Snap Dragon

Default Quest Rare Foods: Snap Dragon

Upon approaching NPC Ssaulios (as 100 Confectioner) the quest link appeared in his chat dialog. Depressing the link did not result in any dialog from the NPC to indicate any action needed to satisfy the quest, but the quest bubble disappeared and the quest did register in the active quest log. Only the header for the quest appears in that log and contains no indication of any next action step or any other info. I have no idea whether this experience is common to any Confectioner of sufficient level (guessing level 90 as original Snap Dragon Recipe required minimum 900 skill to make), or perhaps will be seen only by those of us who once had the Snap Dragon Recipe (Rare Dessert: Snap Dragon) which was received from the quest "To Serve Mandrake" given by Estelwen in Feladan. The Rare Dessert Recipe has been absent from the game for some time now but the corresponding food item was once found in various taverns in Istaria. Knossos

Default Re: Quest Rare Foods: Snap Dragon

Yeah, I'm stuck too.

At around 2am mountain time, I approached Ssaulios as a 100 lvl. Confectioner with the needed mandrake to trigger the quest. The NPC triggered just fine and I clicked the link given. There wasn't anything more in the conversation window, but the title of the quest did appear in my quest log.

That's where the problem starts. I clicked on the quest's title (like usual), but it didn't open up to show what I need to do for this quest. All my other quests in the quest log will open and close, but not this one. So I can't do the quest since I don't know what I need to do.

I also used to have the Snap Dragon recipe as a reward for completing the Minty Goodness quest (not the To Serve Mandrake, that gives different rewards) and here's a link to the old Confectioners' site showing the details of that quest: http://www.hzconfectioner.org.uk/que...px?quest_id=12

Thanks though for bringing this recipe back! I used to cook up Snap Dragon regularly for my tavern in Carmo as well as requests for private celebrations for years and was disappointed when I returned to Istaria recently that it had been removed from my Formula list.

Nellie Lovett on Order
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

I do apologize.

The proper version of this quest never got updated in our internal database and thus the quest that is being handed out is, in fact, empty.

I'll upload it to one of the NPC's for the Summer Festival instead.

In the mean time, you can delete the version you have, as the quest is presently empty.

Thank you Velea. Knossos

please excuse me for not being thrilled with your reply Velea but why should we wait until summer festival for this to be fixed .i don't understand why you can't just upload to Npc in spring festival and install on next update or patch . this quest has been available for 2 months on blight and NOONE caught or noticed it was faulty. can we please get it fixed sooner

Terrox, the reason that I had originally said you would have to wait for the Summer Festival is because to add a new quest requires a delta, pure and simple and at the time we had not planned to delta until we started the new round for the Summer Content Update.

However, we'll be taking a delta to Blight soon that has this quest fixed.

Thank you for your continued support and understanding that sometimes, no matter how much we might want to fix something, we are constrained by technology.

thank you for you response Velea . now i understand your original responce and i thank you for quicker update

Thread Information