Thread: new bracketed attack info

Default new bracketed attack info

Thanks devs for this new attack info . i was just hunting travertine golems and I noticed after my hits there was sometimes a Bracketed attack info . ( unstoppable ), ( physical ), ( earthreal) , etc . when did this come into affect. and when using my demon flurry with ranged Flurry and Lightning arrow . it was surprising that I could do earthreal damage .. can we get more info on this PLEASE

Default Re: new bracketed attack info

It lets you know what type of armor the damage is applied against. Physical uses Armor, Ethereal uses Ethereal Armor, Unstoppable is just that (it cannot be stopped by any armor or resistances). Since so many different effects can stack on the weapon and yourself this is a good way of showing what the final damage types are.

Note, you can see Flame (Ethereal) and Flame (Physical) and even Flame (Unstoppable).

Typically unstoppable damage is only seen with Damage Shields and a few other sources.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

thanks Amon . i will try to get a screenshot the next time it happens cause i had no special effects on my weapon or myself when this happened . I think it is a great idea and will enjoy seeing more

Quote Originally Posted by terrox View Post
    when using my demon flurry... I could do ethereal damage
    The Demon Flurry will do maximum damage when it procs, so that might be the reason.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

I had this a very few times on one day as well. With my dragon and it's special attacks (GR and alike).

Let's see... *looks in his logs* there:
    [04/13/14 12:00:31] Snow Scarab hit you for 5 ice damage (Unstoppable).
    [04/13/14 12:00:33] Vikinos Trudger hit you for 6 ice damage (Unstoppable).
    [04/13/14 12:00:42] Snow Scarab hit you for 0 ice damage (Unstoppable).
    [04/13/14 12:08:13] Snow Scarab hit you with Icy Spray II for 58 ice damage (Unstoppable).
    [04/13/14 12:10:57] You hit Vikinos Trudger with Spiked Scales for 125 pierce damage (Unstoppable).
    [04/13/14 12:26:20] Trandalaran Buccaneer hit you with Enervating Morbidae IX for 45 slash damage (Unstoppable).
    [04/13/14 12:26:21] You hit Trandalaran Buccaneer with Burn for 53 flame damage (Unstoppable).

ok so it seems it were only effects doing that unstoppable
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Thread Information