Thread: Level 100 quests with experience as part of the reward

Default Level 100 quests with experience as part of the reward

Does anyone else wish they could switch to another class and gain this 'lost' experience?

I've been enjoying a lot of the new content, it's good to see so many new things to see and do. I find that as soon as I switch to a school below level 100 the quests are disabled which is fair enough, if the requirement to take the quest is level 100 in an adventure school then it makes sense they should be disabled. What seems odd though is that a lot of these quests located at Eastern Outpost, Imperial Outpost and so on give experience when completed. Sometimes quite a lot of experience!

Are these quests taunting anyone else with their unusable experience? *grins* I really should be keeping track of which quests in particular, but you know how it is when immersed in content - difficult to come up for air and stop to write things down! Is there something I'm not aware of that makes these experience rewards useful in some way? Are we anticipating a level cap increase in the not-too-distant future which would make the reward applicable to level 100 players?

I don't think it's too big a deal, just figured I'd comment on it here and see what other people think

Default Re: Level 100 quests with experience as part of the reward

Quote Originally Posted by Tzael View Post
    Does anyone else wish they could switch to another class and gain this 'lost' experience?

I've been enjoying a lot of the new content, it's good to see so many new things to see and do. I find that as soon as I switch to a school below level 100 the quests are disabled which is fair enough, if the requirement to take the quest is level 100 in an adventure school then it makes sense they should be disabled. What seems odd though is that a lot of these quests located at Eastern Outpost, Imperial Outpost and so on give experience when completed. Sometimes quite a lot of experience!

Are these quests taunting anyone else with their unusable experience? *grins* I really should be keeping track of which quests in particular, but you know how it is when immersed in content - difficult to come up for air and stop to write things down! Is there something I'm not aware of that makes these experience rewards useful in some way? Are we anticipating a level cap increase in the not-too-distant future which would make the reward applicable to level 100 players?

I don't think it's too big a deal, just figured I'd comment on it here and see what other people think
    Actually I think you have a very good point and its been something that bugged me for ages. Perhaps make these end game quests turn-in able at level 95ish (to avoid powerleveling low level classes) or give a nice chunk of money.. 10 silver or 15 or something, anything but this pointless XP.

Most of the eastern outpost quests require level 90, pretty sure.

Not to say there aren't likely some examples that do fit your scenario.

If it requires level 100 in class X then the quest shouldn't give any xp at all for class X. Unless the level cap is being raised EVER then simply improve the other rewards and take out the useless experience.
    If it doesn't require level 100 then you should be able to pick it up at the proper level to get the xp. If you picked it up at level 100 when it required a lower level, your loss, you could have picked up the quest earlier. No sense complaining about missing out on something you had every opportunity to take part in. (And be sure to pick it up on your next character )

The Delgarath quests, Breath of Acid, Drulkar's Wrath, Primal Cast, Doom questline, Volcano questline, Imperial Outpost quests (I think all require lvl 100), and the quests for the various level 100 crystals/tech kits all give experience where none is needed.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Thread Information