Thread: Gathering Resources: Pet/Disk/Personal Inventory gathering order

Default Gathering Resources: Pet/Disk/Personal Inventory gathering order

Would it be possible to change the order of how the inventory fills up when gathering resources? I think a few changes to If, Then statements might fix it.

In a perfect scenario, all goes well for most part, but certain scenarios throws the order off, of where gathered resources is placed. I'll use obsidian exposure resources as an example.

This is perfect scenario:
    If I have no resources in my personal inventory, then this happens:
    When I dig, the resources goes to pet inventory FIRST (great) until full.
    When the pet is full, then resources start going into my personal inventory (great).

If I have at least one resource in my personal inventory, then this happens instead:
    Resources start adding to my personal inventory (ignoring pet free and clear inventory), first.
    When my personal inventory is full, then get message I'm too full. It never attempts to add any resources to pet inventory. Thus I'm full with an empty pet and empty disk.
    It never attempts to start filling up pet inventory before getting the 'full' message.

Any way to make gathered resources go to the pet first instead (as in scenario 1)? ie Even if I have 1 resource in personal inventory, still try to fill up pet first, then when full, start filling up personal inventory (which is what would've happened had I not had 1 or more resources already in personal inventory).

On a side note, while my pet is filling up (scenario 1) I might try to create a future/queued shortcut by splitting 1 of the stones. Then if I drag that 1 stone to my cargo disk, then it immediately stops filling personal inventory and the pet's inventory and starts trying to fill up my cargo disk. In otherwords, if I have at least one resource in the disk, then it stops adding to pet inventory (not sure, but think it stops adding to personal inventory too) and starts filling up disk (ignoring free space of pet). My hopes was that when pet got full, then it would start filling up my disk next, then onto my personal inventory.

Any way to put that at bottom of priority? In other words, if my pet is empty and my personal inventory is empty, then keep going in order (fill up pet first, personal inventory next, then start filling up cargo disk when the other is full) ? Once disk is full, then it won't attempt to fill up my pet or my personal inventory...

My hopes was that by dragging 1 stone to cargo disk, then when the pet got full, then it would start adding stone to my disk next, then when my disk was full, then it started adding to personal inventory.

That'd be too sweet if you can make that happen, sounds like a whopper, I know...

So maybe an if then statement inside another if then statement (loop):

Probably not the best explanation (late) but think I'm trying to say I'd like to see this happen:

No matter what, if pet is equipped and not full always put gathered resources in pet inventory (even if there is 1 or more resources in personal inventory).

No matter what, if pet is full, then start adding gathered resources in disk inventory (only if 1 ore more resources is in the inventory).

If pet full, no resources in disk, then start putting in personal inventory

No matter what, if pet is full and personal inventory is full, then try to add gathered resources to disk inventory (regardless if equippiped or not).

Can probably change the 2nd and last order around.

Doozy, I know... Up for a challenge?

It's not a game breaker, just a way to spoil us. The current method works, we just have to work around it. If this were implemented then we'd have less clicks and dragging resources around to do while gathering resources, and very HAPPY!

----
    I like how another order goes. I put my stone in disk, but left pet and personal inventory blank. Once my disk filled up, then it started going to pet (great). Then it started going to my personal inventory once pet got full. That is perfect.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Default Re: Gathering Resources: Pet/Disk/Personal Inventory gathering order

I don't see a huge problem with order, just maybe a medium sized one. with at least one resource in x store, it will always fill that store first.
    My problem is as goes:
    Kitty equips disk and spider pet
    resources go in EITHER disk/pet first
    OFTEN it's an 'x OR x' situation, and the other one doesn't fill, and skips striaght to inventory. which cna mean it goes pet > inv then i don't realise it and miss making a few hundred of material x.
    (annoying for a laptop..because my mouse pad-buttons are always worn, and drag and dropping resoruces which are going in the wrong places is a pain.)

Side request while talking about pets, might have been mentioned elsewhere...
    When applying resources to a structure, it will not let me apply the resources my pet is holding even though it counts them as available in the construction window. I have to move them to my disk or backpack and then apply them. Can we get resources to add directly from the pet inventory too? Did I miss or mess up a setting on my pets, that they won't drop what I had them fetch unless I force them to give it to me?

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    Side request while talking about pets, might have been mentioned elsewhere...
    When applying resources to a structure, it will not let me apply the resources my pet is holding even though it counts them as available in the construction window. I have to move them to my disk or backpack and then apply them. Can we get resources to add directly from the pet inventory too? Did I miss or mess up a setting on my pets, that they won't drop what I had them fetch unless I force them to give it to me?
    Yep this can be a bit of a nuisance when applying construction units to a structure! Don't think you've missed or messed up anything!

Thread Information