Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blight Update 259/260 Discussion

Default Re: Blight Update 259 (Now On Blight)

There's no need to freak out. This is a patch on Blight, after all, and we created this thread for the very purpose of getting feedback on the issues. We can adjust the Fyakki spawn again and we're going to be adjusting the cost of the Loyalty vaults down significantly.

Regarding Crystalshaper, Indestructible Fyakki can be gathered from using any of the Tier 6 Inspire abilities.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Blight Update 259 Discussion

In regards to this statement on update notes:

•An Ornate Chest (opened with a standard key) now spawns in the Lesser Aradoth Deadlands. Players can loot a "ragged book" from it which (when used) begins the "Effigy of Merrasat" quest series with the quest "An Ancient Journal".

Is there something that might be preventing me get the book from that chest?

I used adamatium key on both a level 100 dragon and 100 cleric

My dragon got:
    1 Ornamental Spear
    1 Formula: Beginner Spell: Dispel
    1 Dark Turquoise Armor Crystal

My ped got:
    1 Antiquated Dagger
    1 Coin Purse
    1 Dim Armor Crystal

No book on either... I even killed the named mobs beside the chest to make sure. Nada.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Yes, if you didn't give the system long enough to give you the "Aura of the Ornate Chest" before it died then you would not get the book.

I'm looking at the Ind Fyakki spawns... There are two types of spawns: Region and Patrol. There can be a max of 8 in the regions (there are two of these around 29396,23641 and 29494,23683) and a max of 32 in the patrols (of which there are three). I'm not seeing the issue unless the play-style for these mobs involved rounding up tons of them and mass-slaughtering them. Rinse and repeat.

Currently we're looking at a cost of 6 Tokens for each Loyalty Vault as the adjusted cost.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    .....we created this thread for the very purpose of getting feedback on the issues. We can adjust the Fyakki spawn again and we're going to be adjusting the cost of the Loyalty vaults down significantly
    Much Kudos for good re-considerations ..I'm sure many will nod in appreciative agreement .. thx Amon....

Currently we're looking at a cost of 6 Tokens for each Loyalty Vault as the adjusted cost.
    6 Tokens is a fair compromise, woulda liked less, but again, appreciate the lesser cost.
    Lio de Purr [Proud Saris] -------------------------------- 100 : HLR / SPRT -- 63 MAG
    100 : MIN/GTH - CRP/ENC/FIT/MSN/WVR - JWL - FLT/WPN/ARM - Tlr=80
    Huffenpuff [Adult Helian] ---------------------------------- 100 : DCra -- 76 Drag Adv.
    <The Alliance> Acul - Harro - Wolf's Paw - Drift Pt - Fabric Isle <CHAOS>

I'm looking at the Ind Fyakki spawns... I'm not seeing the issue unless the play-style for these mobs involved rounding up tons of them and mass-slaughtering them. Rinse and repeat.

Fyakki: So what if that is the play-style? Some (many?) of us really enjoy the chaotic battles with many mobs. It's a huge T6 area, surely it should be SWARMING with mobs!?

Thanks for your consideration on the Loyalty Vault costs
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Am I the only one thinking that Indestructible Fyakki may not be living up to their namesake?

(Joking aside, my point is that maybe it's not the quantity of the mob, but the challenge level that needs to be addressed?)

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    Fyakki: So what if that is the play-style? Some (many?) of us really enjoy the chaotic battles with many mobs. It's a huge T6 area, surely it should be SWARMING with mobs!?
    I have redrawn the regions for the Fyakki. There were two large ones, now there will be four. That means more mobs. But they won't spawn in walls of trees any longer.

I have redrawn the regions for the Fyakki. There were two large ones, now there will be four. That means more mobs. But they won't spawn in walls of trees any longer.

Delightful Sounds like there might actually be some more 'safe zones' in the area now. Are these new spawns linked in anyway?
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    Delightful Sounds like there might actually be some more 'safe zones' in the area now. Are these new spawns linked in anyway?
    No, they aren't.

(Joking aside, my point is that maybe it's not the quantity of the mob, but the challenge level that needs to be addressed?)

I have attempted to address that as well. Indestructible Fyakki are now known as Ul'zilgat Flayers and Defilers (split into level groups, 116-118, 118-120). Defilers are evolved fyakki.

I have one question about the loyalty rewards. Should every toon on every sub be able to afford every new loyalty reward that comes down the pipe? Personally I don't think so. I also don't have a problem with even one toon having to pick and choose which loyalty rewards they want or need because they can't afford them all. Let's keep the loyalty rewards with an air of rareness to them. The top end pets have already lost any rareness possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Teto Frum View Post
    I have one question about the loyalty rewards. Should every toon on every sub be able to afford every new loyalty reward that comes down the pipe? Personally I don't think so. I also don't have a problem with even one toon having to pick and choose which loyalty rewards they want or need because they can't afford them all. Let's keep the loyalty rewards with an air of rareness to them. The top end pets have already lost any rareness possibility.
    Most of what you say I agree with within reason .. the point I think we were making is that anyone who can only manage a monthly sub, should, if desired, and who wouldn't, get a chance to earn a pet, AND the Vaults I - IV within their lifetime .. [for emphasis], for their main toon, and possibly a Dragon ..

I think this has been addressed in great part with due balance also accorded to 'Loyalty' aspects, and appreciation goes to the correct quarters.
    Lio de Purr [Proud Saris] -------------------------------- 100 : HLR / SPRT -- 63 MAG
    Huffenpuff [Adult Helian] ---------------------------------- 100 : DCra -- 76 Drag Adv.

now comes the idea of the day:
    Make Loyality Tokens buyable with real money!

*runs and hides!*

.oO(No, bad idea. Loyality isn't given through money!)
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Manage a monthly sub from when though? Today forward? I don't think someone that joined the game one month ago should have a vault 4 and the best pets for a dragon and a biped for several years. Three plus on a solo sub. I am asking more to get a handle on it. I haven't looked into the program at all. I don't know exactly how many loyalty rewards get you what. I just hope the system is set up so that someone can't play the game for a year and have a top end pet and even the new vault four on one toon forget about one biped and one dragon.

How many tokens would someone need to get the top pet and a vault four upgrade with the new vault prices of 6 tokens?

Quote Originally Posted by Teto Frum View Post
    How many tokens would someone need to get the top pet and a vault four upgrade with the new vault prices of 6 tokens?
    With the new loyalty vault prices of a flat 6 tokens per upgrade, plus a loyalty pet at 8 tokens, 32 tokens in total. That's 2 years of subscriptions if the person is paying for 6-month subs at a time (8 tokens awarded per 6 month sub). 2 years and 8 months for someone on a monthly sub.

That seems a little quick to me personally but I can shut up and live with the compromise of 6 per vault upgrade.

Rest of the delta looks very interesting. Very interested in seeing what the Town Marshall quests look like and the final reward lists.

Originally Posted by Teto Frum

Quote Originally Posted by Tzael View Post
    With the new loyalty vault prices of a flat 6 tokens per upgrade, plus a loyalty pet at 8 tokens, 32 tokens in total. That's 2 years of subscriptions if the person is paying for 6-month subs at a time (8 tokens awarded per 6 month sub). 2 years and 8 months for someone on a monthly sub.
    ... and don't forget the 'arm and a leg ' it'll cost you in gold to get to Shareholder X first, in order to even start being eligible for the Loyalty Vaults...factor this small fact in as a matter of at least a few months, albeit running concurrent with token earning.

"now comes the idea of the day:
    Make Loyality Tokens buyable with real money!"

That already exists. LOL They are 14.99 each

I had to take about a 2 year hiatus, does that mean I will no longer qualify to get the perks from the vault?

Not really related , but it did work before the latest patch , phanes 100X4 is unable to "equip" his expert DCRS emb even thougth he is is DCRS school .. see screen shothorizons_1401406181.jpg
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    I had to take about a 2 year hiatus, does that mean I will no longer qualify to get the perks from the vault?
    As answered in an earlier post [relevant bit re-posted below], but also to clarify ..it's only related to absence in the sense you need more time to earn more tokens [or buy 6 month / annual subs for faster accruing]

Secondly, yes I do agree with you about this being only available to the most Loyal players, that is not the question, the point is should we [most loyal players] be able to use the system within our lifetimes and before dotage ..lol .. absence is not really an issue either in my view, when we are here, we pay, we get tokens, we buy whatever we are able for the time we have chosen to be here.
    Welcome back PEACHES..only got back myself a few months ago ..hoping more vets will return as other games get boring ../grin

Thread Information