Thread: Displaying/Splitting 10k+ Item

Default Displaying/Splitting 10k+ Item

I was trying to get the grid window (inventory/vault) to show the 5th digit (of 10k+ items). 10529 shows as 0529. All attempts failed Tried to adjust the grid size, which I could do, but the extra digit would never show, unless I reduced font size from 7 to 6 in UIFonts.def under the 'UI_PROPERTYSET FontItemGridOverlay' section. But the numbers were squinched up and tiny, so thats a bust. Any other way, you can think of, to make the a 5th digit display in inventory/vault (10k+) grid view? - See screeshot for example of current trunication. The trunication also appears on vaults and silos...

-------------------
    But while you ponder on that possibility, I did discover a few integers you can adjust in \resources\interface\themes\default\defs\UIItemSpl itWindow.def file to allow it to show the 5th digit (10k+) when splitting an item (Split/Seperate button) with qty 10k+.

The below screenshot shows me splitting 10529 bright orbs with and without the mod.

Without the mod, you can not enter manually or use the slider bar for a qty > 10,000. If you try, the box turns blank. As long as the counter is at 9999 and below, it will show, but 10,000 and above, the box turns blank.

With the mod you can manually enter or use the slider bar for qty > 10,000.

Grab MOD_UIItemSplitWindow.zip to view proposed changes. If you want to compare my changes to the current games' UIItemSplitWindow.def, try free program at winmerge.org and load up both files (File, Open) and it will show any differences line by line.

Notice the text box is a tad wider and it allows maxlength of 5 instead of 4.

Last edited by Cegaiel; June 6th, 2014 at 09:46 AM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Default Re: Displaying/Splitting 10k+ Item

I've passed this to the tech team and they have integrated your def file changes for the next client patch. We're looking into the quantity display in grid view... probably instead of changing the font size or increasing the width (since its based on icon size) is to go with something like "10k, 11k, 12k" for quantity displays.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Psh who plays in grid mode. List mode all the way!

Ah Cega, tinkering away at configs at 0300. You go girl!
    rip

Thanks Amon. Actually I was thinking about it showing 10k etc later on in the day. That's a good solution.

*Pimp smacks Dracillion with a wet Tilapia. Actually I hate list mode. I use it roughly twice a month to find an item that's "hiding" in grid mode.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Thread Information