Thread: Istarian number = abbreviations game

Default Istarian number = abbreviations game

Back in 2006 I started a puzzle thread where the person posing the puzzle would put it out as # = abbreviations, using things represented in Istaria. For example, one post was "5 = T. of the G." which was solved as "5 = Trials of the Gifted".

It was really fun to see the creative guesses when folks were stumped. The poser of the puzzle would tell how many of the words in the guess were correct (or which words were, particularly in the longer ones). Whoever successfully guessed then got to pose the next challenge.

I would like to start it up again. Since the original thread was closed, I will make a 2nd post here to summarize everything solved before, then make a 3rd post to pose a new one for folks to guess.

Default Re: Istarian number = abbreviations game

Mouse over the column to the right for answers Mouse over this side to see text more easily
    7 = S. O. for A. V.
    7 = Spirit Oil for Ambrosia VII if you are optimal...
    I was not quite sure how to abbreviate the VII.
    5 = P. of V. B. S. 5 = Pieces of Valkor's Blood Sword
    11 = I R
    11=Istarian Races
    1=P X in O R
    1 = Project X in Old Rachival
    5 = S. F. for K. F. Five = soul fragments for Khutit form
    2=D + 2=R + 2=S for 1PT
    2 = Diamonds plus 2 Rubies plus 2 Sapphires=1 Perfect Tricut (Gem) (at optimal efficiency of course)
    9 = I R C 9 = Istarian Racial Cities
    4 = A.,C.,D. & E. or # S.I. 4 = Alged, Corvus, Dahibi, Elnath or the # Satyr Islands
    1333 = U.G. in a D.M.C.D. 1333 = Uncut Gems in a Deluxe Marble Cargo Disk
    125 = M J for a T F S
    125 = Mithril Joints for a Tier Five Silo.
    240 = C. S. + C. J. in an E. W. S. at M. E. 240 = Cobalt Sheets + Cobalt Joints in an Expert Wood Shop at Max. Efficiency
    5 = G. in the R. 5=Guardians in the Rift (if you count the ghost)
    1=P at I 1 = Plot at Ianville
    5 = T. of the G.
    5= Trials of the Gifted
    25 = M. N. of C. to P. 25 = Minimum Number of Characters to Post (on forums)
    6000=C. of a B. S. L. C. D.
    6000 = Capacity of a Bronze Sandstone Lunus Cargo Disk
    1 = C.T. that give Q.
    1 = Cedar Treant that give Quests
    19 = C. S. for B.
    19 = C. C. for B.
    2 = C. C. for D.
    19 = Crafting Schools for Bipeds
    19 = Crafting Classes for Bipeds
    2 = Crafting Classes for Dragons
    2 = G. R. in I. 2 = Genderless Races in Istaria
    3 = D. R. C. B. O. 2 R. 3 = Dragon Racial Cities But Only 2 Remain
    200 = L. of the S.
    200=Levels of the Sleeper
    6=M P have B
    6=Mines (or Mineshafts) Players have Built
    5=S in M 5 = Smelters in Mahagra
    5 = T in B and 1 =L P 5 Teleporters in Bristugo and 1 Landing Pad
    910 = A. R. for M. C. A.
    910 = Armor (Use) Requirement for Mithril Chainmail Armor
    30 = D R of G F S 30 = Damage Range of Glowing Faceted Stone
    18 = number of R.G.
    18 = number of raw gems
    500=U of I J in G B M
    500= Units of Iron Joints in Garnet Bay Mineshaft
    54 = A G G H V 54 = Amethyst Golem Gemstone Hoard Value
    70 = B. C. for the B. P. C. 70 = Bottle Caps for the Bitter Pickle Collection
    1 - 30 = D of E F B
    1-30 = Damage of Experimental Flame Bolt
    50 = P that G P M D 50 = Percentage that Gnome Prowess Modifies Delay
    1 P. S. = 1 S. R. + 2 W. + 1 P. E. O. at O. S. 1 packed snowball = 1 salt rock + 2 Waters + 1 Pale Essence Orb at Optimal Skill
    3 = Number of R. in D.
    (1 is U.)
    3 = Number of Robots in Dalimond (1 is Unfinished)
    5 = B. to the D.-C. P. 5 = Bridges to the Dalimond-Chiconis Peninsula
    22 = F.F.R. in D.D. 22 = Free Floating Rocks in Downtown Dralk
    8 = T. T. with L. S. to C. so Y. C. J. off the T.
    8=Tall Towers with Long Stairways to Climb so You Can Jump off the Top
    19 = L. that A. P. T. to. 19 = Locations that Acul Portal Teleports to.
    6 = T. of W. U. in C. C.: C., E., O., M., Y. and T. 6 = Tiers of Wood Used in Construction Crafting: Cedar, Elm, Oak, Maple, Yew and Thornwood.
    40 = D of B G to D P 40 = Destinations of Bristugo Gateway to Dalimond Peninsula
    1 = G in K 1 = Gruok in Kirasanct
    3840 = O. S. to m. 1920 O. B. to m. 960 O. C. S. to m. 48 P. F. for a T4 L. S. 3840 = Obsidian Slabs to make 1920 Obsidian Bricks to make 960 Obsidian Cast Stones to make 48 Polished Flowstones for a T4 Lunus Smelter
    49 = D of F I B A 49 = Delay of Fine Iron Battle Axe
    4 = S T on E W 4 = Socketing Techniques on Elmond Weiss
    1 = Number of T. P. to R. a P. of H.
    1 = Number of Training Points to Raise a Point of Health
    96 = L of L A I on a R 96 = Level of Lightning Arrows III on a Ranger
    27 = L of I W E T or A P, N I the T I 27 = Landmasses of Istaria With Either Teleporters or Arrival Pads, Not Including the Training Islands
    1=N of B P to D from D and N of P from D 1=Number of Biped Portals to Drakul from Dralk and Number of Portals from Drakul
    1 = P. and P. P. at P. 1 = Portal and Port Pad at Parsinia
    50 = C in O of G L P 50 = Cost in Ornaments of Gnomekindle Large Presents
    1200 = R. R. a M. T. C. D. H. 1200 = Raw Resources a Marble Tarbash Cargo Disk Holds
    1 = O A of R, B, and V in G N F C 1 = Optimum Amount of Raisins, Butter, and Vanilla in Granny Nuffles Festival Cookies
    5 = S I for P C of M 5 = Speed Increase for a Pale Crystal of Movement
    1200 = M. C. S. N. for B. M. C. F. 1200 = Minimum Crafting Skill Needed for Basic Master Crafting Forms
    13 = C. S. for F. F. S. 13 = Cotton Spools for Feladan Fashion Shirt
    1 = M. N. of T. to A. to a B. T. I. 1 = Maximum Number of Techniques to Apply to a Beginner Tiered Item
    2800 = N of A L T a M O B C H 2800 = Number of Adventure Levels That a Maxed Out Biped Can Have
    4 = G. on I. O. T. D., T. with W. F. and O. with R. F. 4 = Graves on Isle Of The Drowned, Three with White Flowers and One with Red Flowers.
    10 = B. of U. E. of B. 10 = Bulk of Unstable Essence of Blight
    100 = F. M. N. to A. F. F. on a Y. F. P. 100 = Fresh Mackerels Needed to Apply Fishing Five on a Yew Fishing Pole
    3 = R. the A.O.W. requires R.A. for a T.O.W. 3=Riddles the Assessor Of Wit requires Right Answers for a Token of Wit
    68=N of S in I, T for M C, T for P C, and F-T for C 68 = Number of Skills in Istaria, Thirteen for Magical Combat, Twelve for Physical Combat, and Fourty-Three for Crafting
    92 = L. H. S. T. M. for R., E. A., S., and C.
    92 = Level Heart Seeker Three Masters for Ranger, Elemental Archer, Scout and Crossbowman
    0 = L. a C. S. at, B. C. a C. 0 = Level a Character Starts at, Before Choosing a Class
    0 = A. of C. a D. C. P. G. by A. U. to a B. P. 0 = Amount of Coin a Dragon Could Possibly Get by Applying Units to a Biped Plot
    1 = P. L. on the R. from S. to P. (the M. S. K. T.) 1 = Patrol Lost on the Road from Sslanis to Parsinia (the Marauding Skeleton Killed Them)
    0 = S R G C S 0 = Structures Requiring Gold Construction Sheets
    0 = P. P. F. E. than R. F. 0 = Port Pads Farther East than Reklar's Fortress
    0 = N of L.S.R.I., N., or C.L. 0 = Number of Lair Structures Requiring Iron, Nickel, or Cobalt Lodestones.
    5 = A I and L R of the E E G of D S 5 = Armor Increase and Level Requirement of the Erelald's Experimental Gift of Devotion Spell
    5 = N of S H C A by the B A 5 = Number of Scrolls Hidden Centuries Ago by the Burning Archer
    45 = R of P L the W G 45 = Rating of Peg Leg the Wood Golem
    1 = N. of D.T. in the T.D. 1 = Number of Dragon Tinkerers in the Tazoon Desert
    20 = R. E. N. for the R. F. M. G. Q. 20 = Raisins Estelwen Needs for the Rare Foods Minty Goodness Quest
    4 = S. in T. T. N. G. the H. of I. for the T. of K. 4 = Scholars in Tazoon Telling New Gifted the History of Istaria for the Token of Knowledge
    4 = R. S. F. for M. P. S. R. S. 4= Red Snapper Fillets for Main Pan-Seared Red Snapper
    8 = N. of S. from a D. C. C. 8 = Number of Servings from a Draconic Celebration Cake
    3 = D. G. on D. (N., K., and M.) 3 = Dragon Guardians on Draak (Nezra, Kalrenta, and Mesetha)
    5 = T. C. B. for a C. C. F. A. at O.
    5=Trimmed Chicken Breast for a Crispy Chicken Fingers Appetizer at Optimal
    1 = R U U S C 1 = Recipes Using Unrefined Sugar Cane
    4 = A in A 4 = Anvils in Aughundell
    2 = G. P. N. for the I. B. V. U. N. (M. is C. D. B. I A. T. P.) 2 = Gold Pieces Needed for the Imperial Bank Vault Upgrade Nine (Mine is Currently Disabled Because I Am Too Poor)
    5000 = H. of the E.D.S.
    (D.C. and D.R. is O.)
    5000 = Health of the Entombed Dragon Statue
    (Dragon Crafter and Dragon Rating are One)
    18=N. of D. T. in B. D. and A. 18=Number of Deciduous Trees in Between Dryart and Aubadrine
    2 = M. on L. A. 2 = Mines on Lesser Aradoth
    1100 = S. N. to C. (M.) T. F. R. at O. 1100 = Skill Needed to Craft (Most) Tier Five Resources at Optimal
    17 = G. C. on the I. of the T. S. 17=Guild Cities on the Islands of the Three Sisters
    9000= B. C. of. B. a S. T. H. and a S. M. H. 9000 = Bulk Capacity of Both a Sslik Tiny Hut and a Sslik Medium House
    80 = A. S. R. to J. A. S. 80 = Armorcraft Skill Required to Join Armorer School
    125 = M. S. of C. D. with R. B. 125 = Maximum Speed of Cargo Disks with Road Bonus
    4 = G. M. by the H. B. on R. M. 4 = Giant Mushrooms by the High Bridge on Ruxus Mountain
    12 = L. F. S. on L. A. (S. T. A. A. S.) 12 = Lairs for Sale on Lesser Aradoth (Sorry They Are Already Sold)
    8 = N. of T. a C. W. N. to M. F. (M.S., C.S., S.S., B., H.K., F.P., C.K, and a B.S.) 8=Number of Tools a Confectioner Will Need to Make Food (Mixing Spoon, Clay Scoop, Sap Spigot, Bucket, Harvest Knife, Cooking Knife, and a Baking Spatula)
    50 = M. N. of V. P. in a P. S. L. 50 = Maximum Number of Viewed Persons in a Player Search List
    625 = C. of M. A. C. F. in S. P. 625 = Cost of Master Advanced Confectioner Formulas in Silver Pieces
    1800 = O. C. C. of the V. A. of D. F. 1800 = Original Ceiling Cap of the Vertical Ascension of Dragon Flyers.
    52 = N. of G. C. 52=Number of Guild Communities
    18=T of H B on a P, G H not I 18 = Types of Houses Buildable on a Plot, Guild Houses not Included
    2 = T of A E F on A I 2 = Tier of Almost Everything Found on Abandoned Island
    7500 = H. P. of a B. H. R. A. L. (E. F.) 7500 = Health Points of a Blighted Hound Rating Any Level (Except Fafnir)
    90 = L. D. U. A. S. S. 90 = Level Dragons Unlock All Scale Slots
    4 = C. P. L. to P. to R. C. (E: B., H., A.I., A., R.E.) 4 = Copper Per Level to Port to Racial Cities (Exceptions: Bristugo, Heather, Abandoned Island, Acul, Rift’s End)
    12 = m. Y. C. F. D. I. 12 = Meals You Cook For Dinner Impossible
    9 = F. T. to F. the C. at the F. P. Z. 9 = Food Types to Feed the Creatures at the Festival Petting Zoo
    9 = N. L. T. O. U. C. of N. B. T.: R. R. or R. R. 9 = Nature Lore Tokens Obtained Upon Completion of Nature's Bastion Task: Rook Rank or Raven Rank
    15 = M. in F. W. B. M. 15=Minutes in First Warning Before Maintenance
    250 = U of S C K N for a L G 250 = Units of Sandstone Construction Keystones Needed for a Large Gazebo
    7 = B. L. for H.
    (Bonus: D., B., S., G., P., R., I.)
    7 = Bells Lootable for Hoard
    (Bonus: Dented, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Royal, Imperial)
    11 = P. R. in I., 2 are A. 11 = Player Races in Istaria, 2 are Added
    3 = M. H. in a B.
    3=Myloc Heads in a Bag
    50 = C.T. (or S.T.) 50 = Classes Total (or Schools Total)
    5 = Y. S. I. L. 5 = Years Since Istaria Launched
    9999 = M. I. in a S. 9999 = Maximum Items in a Stack
    7 = P. of J. a B. W. 7 = Pieces of Jewelry a Biped Wears
    5 = P. to each 4 V. W. 5 = Parts to each 4 Valkor Weapons
    3 = V. L. S. from the R. C. P. (R., G. and S.) 3=Very Large Stockings from the Red Cashier Presents (Red, Green and Striped)
    2 = T. O. J. for A. O. H. C. V 2 = Thunder Ogre Jawbones for Adventure One Hand Crush V
    10 = P. in G. J. 10 = Pages in Ganesh's Journal
    400 = R. S. P. in a T. VI L. 400 = Radiant Sources Placed in a Tier VI Library
    Last edited by awdz; June 15th, 2014 at 11:48 PM.

Wowsers, some of those are rather out-of-date now!

Okies, here goes for a new one:

8 = T. in a C. Y. C. P. with a B. of S.

I can see it will cost me a fair bit to get this answer.

hint: festival

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    Wowsers, some of those are rather out-of-date now!

Okies, here goes for a new one:

8 = T. in a C. Y. C. P. with a B. of S.
    8 = Tulips in a Cluster You Can Plant with a Bag of Seeds

Thread Information