Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help: Making a Dragon Retexture

Default Re: Help: Making a Dragon Retexture

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    Yeah, that is definitely a resolution issue. You can enlarge the resolution but have to make sure that every texture that is being used on the model is scaled up the same. Chest plates, highlights, stripes etc. And with that upscaling you would need to also modify the "offsets.def" file accordingly. It sets up an x,y coordinate in pixels for a smaller texture to be placed on top of the base texture. Eyes, teeth & claws, etc. It can be a pain to change the resolutions which is why I never did it with player characters.

Hmm... yeah, I could see why, especially with the capability of scaling your character up and down. I'm not sure if that has a change for it or not, if it's a texture wrap it TECHNICALLY shouldn't, but most definitely if it's procedural. I'll toy around with both.

My main issue is just getting the textures to show up. I managed it again last night, turned Kerian blue, though I had to log on and off and /purgeTex multiple times. I thought I figured it out when I ran up to town, logged out, back in, and ran back to Kerian, for that's when the texture actually showed up... but after tweaking with it some more, I wasn't able to repeat the experience a third time. I'm about to log in and see if a system restart would have fixed it. Which, that will be a very slow editing process if that's the case.

I feel like I'm just missing a step in the texture reloading case. Everything's put in the right location, named right, deleted the .tga so the .agh of each update is in there alone, but it's like the game forgets to look in resources_override.

Vamalchior

Default Re: Help: Making a Dragon Retexture

So aside from the GIANT EYEBALL I left on the face, I'm starting to figure this out...

http://gyazo.com/2d21f200ec6b51f9241037c287fff826

It at least got me an idea for a future texture plan! I like what it did to the snout.

How I did this: I logged in next to Kerian and found him red, still. The game had been offline for a little bit, giving it time to completely shut down. I ran up the hill, stopped by the auctioneer, X'd out and logged back in after a short while. Ran down, and he was blue.

Vamalchior

Thread Information