Thread: Istaria Dragon Playthrough Video Series!

Default Istaria Dragon Playthrough Video Series!

Alright, so what I've been thinking about is actually doing a video series where people will actually have a chance of having input in the gameplay!

now the basic gist is that I'll be playing from a hatchling all the way up to ancient, and trying to complete as much as possible. ^^

now you might ask, how does the audience input come in? well, everytime I have a major choice: ie. multiple choices of what to do to progress, I will create a poll, and the results (in order if possible) will be the course of action!

However, VERY early we run into a big problem, the character creation. Now istaria has pretty large character customisation.
    Now I have a number of ideas, but to keep it simple, I'm going to ask you guys a very simple thing:
    Come up with the wackiest, weirdest or just simply most awesome design you can come up with for a dragon!
    I'll try em all out, post a poll about it later (still thinking about where I should post the poll) and the winner gets to decide the name as well!

---

Now the basic idea for the start is that I'll play through skalkaar and New Trismus (or atleast the "main line") and then start doing viewer input.

---

Ideas can be found here: http://sta.sh/21zzbxqn5lzs

Default Re: Istaria Dragon Playthrough Video Series!

oh and a few things I would like to ask if you're planning on watching (or atleast looking at) the playthrough:

1) Would you prefer if I turned off loadings screens or keep them on? (this is mainly to speed up the gameplay)
    2) Commentary, Y/N? (I'm really shy so my voice would crack a lot)
    3) Mods, Y/N?
    and possible the one I'll do mostly offscreen:
    4) Lairshaping, Y/N?

My two cp:
    1) Can you leave them on but cut out the porting time, to leave only about 2 sec of the screen showing?
    2) Commentary usually keeps things more interesting.
    3) Can you run a comparison of mods on and off, for folks to see the difference active?
    4) As long as you clearly identify up front which episodes are lairshaping, folks can choose for themselves whether or not to watch. I do not think the set would be complete without it, but because it takes so long, perhaps focus only on making/placing the first few components of each chamber and then show the chambers open?

My two cents for any video. Leave environment off /setpref environmentsystem false . This will prevent the cycling of day and night. It will look like day time and bright all the time. Otherwise, you'll have a video that's half dark (during night) and bright and vivid during the day.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    My two cents for any video. Leave environment off /setpref environmentsystem false . This will prevent the cycling of day and night. It will look like day time and bright all the time. Otherwise, you'll have a video that's half dark (during night) and bright and vivid during the day.
    Not entirely sure whether I want to do so, while yes, the lighting can be quite funky at times considering how fast the time goes, turning the environmentsystem off really takes away a lot of the atmosphere, the rain in blighted areas makes them feel so much more desolate....well that and the sky is permanently black, which isn't all too visually pleasing either.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    My two cp:
    1) Can you leave them on but cut out the porting time, to leave only about 2 sec of the screen showing?
    ooh I didn't think about that yet, definately a great idea!
    2) Commentary usually keeps things more interesting.
    Okiedo, will give it some more thought then.
    3) Can you run a comparison of mods on and off, for folks to see the difference active?
    Will do once I have collected all my mods again! not that they change a whole lot, most are what I consider "correctional" mods. (ie. white T&C mod)
    4) As long as you clearly identify up front which episodes are lairshaping, folks can choose for themselves whether or not to watch. I do not think the set would be complete without it, but because it takes so long, perhaps focus only on making/placing the first few components of each chamber and then show the chambers open?
    Hmmm, this actually made me think, turning all the lairshaping videos into a side-series seems like a great idea!

Alright Small updates:

#1 I made a poll with links to the current designs that I'm leaning towards, any and every input is appreciated -> http://goo.gl/JmIwIK <-
    #2 Mod List:
    -Original Ancient
    -Hirez dragon textures+claw and teeth.
    -Map pack
    -Sound and Emote Pack
    -Canine sit

Thread Information