*sigh* I had hoped to get more ideas, rather than to speak at you. I have not done the work to determine what the schools would look like, I was holding off to determine more of a higher level concept first. I'm often asked to involve the small community in more discussions about what we'll do so I had hoped this might be an opportunity to do that. More involvement than any traditional game's development where Devs speak AT players and where player ideas are heard in the reverse.

All because they want to get rid of Gold Rage, and since it is quested for, those of us who have it would still keep it, or so they say.

My goal is not to get rid of Gold Rage. I have every intention of it being part of any new school structure or revamp. My goal is to simply balance and provide more opportunities for Dragons.

Just because an ability is quested for, does not mean all schools can use it. Example: See Storm Disciple quested for abilities "Way of Ice" , "Way of Fire" (I think).
It doesn't work how you think, but yes they are only available to Storm Disciples because they have a requirement on them that says "Current School of Storm Disciple only". However, they are in the same boat as Dragon abilities in that if any future work was done to the storm Disciple school those abilities would be untouched because they were quested, not gained through a school. Its a path of gaining abilities that has backfired on us unfortunately.