Thread: News Updates...

Default News Updates...

Would it be possible for someone with AE to occassionally post news updates about what is coming in Horizon's for December, then January, etc... Any kind of info is better then no info. There isn't much on this community.istaria.com site as far as the future of horizon's, whats in developement and the current state of the game.

News updates could easily be added to both the news section of the site and the news section of this forum to inform the players of what we can look forward to for the future of this game.

Default Re: News Updates...

aye an updated state of the game write up would be nice to see sometime in th near future.
    Soaring the skies of Istaria every day.

Yes this would be great

ok i like surprise but in this chase i would appreciate any information how AE is going on.

what is planned for the next month...

Martal Bau

Agreed. I think a lot of players are still concerned about the survival of HZ and the Devs not coming out & giving us a good idea of the things they are working on doesn't help cool those fears.

And now with some new temptations for players to consider, I think it's even more important for a clear plan for the next couple of months to be laid out.

The best I can tell the only things being worked on are:

1) Lairs
    2) Ancient RoP
    3) Blighted Equipment

and that's all that I have found mentioned as being targetted for completition before the end of the year.

Those are some big things but not all that much IMO. But now if the introduction of Lairs also means we will finally have a World Model, well that's a huge advancement and should be talked up. If the addition of Blighted Equipment means the inconsistent drop rates are going to be fixed at the same time, again that's a big improvement and should be mentioned.

But a couple of things I'd like to know is if the Client is being improved performance wise because it's very sad that the games FPS are as low as they are. I'd also like to know if anything is being done to improve the servers so they can handle more spawned mobs. This new spawn system really sucks because it's hard to find low traffic spawns since there are no mobs to be seen.

gopher65

I think the best thing to do would be to have 1 or 2 mobs spawn in every spawn. By the time they had been killed more would have been spawned by the new dynamic spawning system.

As it is I have no idea where mobs spawn! I've given up fighting except on the satyar isles and in the deadlands.

Most likely in a crafting field somewhere

Would be great, though it would only have to be major things, or things they are 100% certain on....because im sure that they have many things that get put on the "to do list" and eventually get crossed off as other things take priority or it just isnt needed any more.

So if they posted something here that ended up not happening, im sure alot of people would complain.

But i agree it would be nice to have a general list of things that were upcomming.

Proud and loyal members of Battalion
    Xarii Ani - Dryad - Chaos shard
    Quazi Ani - Dragon - Chaos shard

well if you go to the dragon boards DB himself talks about a dragon training isalnd and wants are opion on it :) and he has reaplyed on it to now I call that alot of dev interaction with players

Aswell as DB askingfor racial ability ideas.

Thats nice that DB comes to the board to ask for suggestions from players about racial abilities.

But that tells us nothing about what they are working on. This could be suggestions for something they plan on working on next year or 6 months from now for all I know.

I would like current state of the game news post from AE. And actual post of what is being worked on for next month, or the month after. This is done by every MMO I have ever played but this one.

A lot of games are coming out that a lot of people will be attracted to. If they don't let people know that they have something to look forward to. They will leave for the other games.

Glocaug

Heres a list that isnt from irc... its from an email that was sent to us:

The following is a list of items we will be working on after August 31, 2004:

· Dragon Lairs

· Ancient Rite of Passage

· Item Decay for Tier VI items

· Item Decay for Blighted Armor, Blighted Weapons and Blighted Tools. (These will be monster dropped.)

· School advancement from 100 to 120.

Yes but people will never happen despite how much progress they have made communication wise.

The problem is that its been quite awhile since the last update. Is AE still on track for delivering Lairs and Ancient Rite of Passage by the end of the year? What about the raise in level cap to 120? How about re-worked crystals being added back into the game? Or fixes to spawns so players need not wait in one place for 5 minutes before spawns appear? How about class adjustments, such as fixes to monks or missing dragon adventurer quests? What about the class features tested on the experimentor class on blight - will it ever go live?

AE has been VERY limited in providing updates. Without updates, it is very easy for the playerbase to think that AE is not doing anything or doesn't care. The simple fix is for AE to make sure they have good communication from them to the players advising them what they are working on. I recommend weekly updates at the very least.

And no, the patchnotes are not sufficient.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

if they would show us news we would all thing wow they are working

but if we dont hear anything it seems like they are doing not enough

Thread Information