Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Live bugs: delta 259-261

Default Re: Live bugs: delta 259-261

What server are you on Tzael?

And Dacurly, are you getting the same message? When you say it "doesn't work", that really isn't telling me what's happening, is why I ask. What is it about the ability that isn't working? And, of course, same question as I asked Tzael.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    What server are you on Tzael?

And Dacurly, are you getting the same message? When you say it "doesn't work", that really isn't telling me what's happening, is why I ask. What is it about the ability that isn't working? And, of course, same question as I asked Tzael.
    I'm on Chaos, and I hope Dacurly doesn't mind me answering on his behalf, he is also on Chaos

There are a number of chat parameters we as players can use to help out - for example chat macros to quickly identify targets in group combat, or providing the location of the currently selected entity. Most folks who use these are familiar with %t%, %r% and %l% (L), but every once in a while I test for the inclusion of any new ones. Today I found %p% no longer works and causes the client to drop into debug mode (effectively the gameplay crashes and the debug console is available).

The only constraint on the ability is that you've completed the Iron Confectioner quest. Is your character showing that quest as completed in your quest journal?

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    The only constraint on the ability is that you've completed the Iron Confectioner quest. Is your character showing that quest as completed in your quest journal?
    Yup that quest is how I got the emblem originally - quest is called The Iron Confectioner, completion count is 1, and the completion date is unknown.

Yes, I am on Choas, Yes, my quest journal shows "The Iron Confectioner" quest as completed. Date says "unknown". The emblem is in Abilities. When I try to use it it says "you do not meet the requirements to use this item". I have it on a hot-key. All the other Titles work fine.

On another issue, while making Mithril bars the "Machine" in the creation window says "unnamed entity" in white, everything works fine. Is same thing in creation window for making Mithril Dirk. This was at a Expert Shop in Mithril's Anvil.
    Last edited by Dacurly; August 21st, 2014 at 04:58 PM.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Quote Originally Posted by Dacurly View Post
    On another issue, while making Mithril bars the "Machine" in the creation window says "unnamed entity" in white, everything works fine. Is same thing in creation window for making Mithril Dirk. This was at a Expert Shop in Mithril's Anvil.
    Just logged in and used same machines and they work fine now, go figure

Quote Originally Posted by Dacurly View Post
    Just logged in and used same machines and they work fine now, go figure
    Yeah, that's something I noticed even on Blight before the patch. I think it has to do with this feature on patch notes (Under Server Updates):

•Removed the name and description of items from network messages to optimize network bandwidth.

I didn't test it thoroughly on Blight, but this is what I suspect is happening. When you have the machines button clicked on map, they show as generic "house" icons (while showing Unnamed Entity) until it fetches the info (only the first time you visit the area?). It seems that when I stood in the same spot, the icons never changed (even after waiting 5 mins). But if I left the region and came back (and all future visits) they show up immediately (or a relog). While you are seeing these generic "house" icons" on the map, then the machines will also say "Unnamed Entity" (in Item Creation menu) if you try to use it while in this state. Maybe if you never went to this area before (maybe a cache file) then it maybe fetches this data, but doesn't update the region until you leave and come back or relog. Again, I'm not positive, I didn't really test this out. I figured it was just slow to propogate. But always wound up showing later instantly.

This behavior is the same on map pack too, with the machines button clicked. It might look like its broken at first (hovering machines show generic house icon and says Unnamed Entity, but if you leave and come back (or relog), I believe it works correctly all the time (after you relog or come back to region). Perhaps onces a world cache file is generated, shrug. It would be nice if this process could be expedited better. If the machine shows as Unnamed Entity on the map, then it will also say Unnamed Entity on the Item Creation Menu. I'm not 100% sure if the machine bonus (ie Expert = +75) is not recognized while in this state, but I think it is.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; August 22nd, 2014 at 03:17 AM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

the NPC Ted on New Koraelia offers 5 title quests, from tier I through to V. The titles in order are as follows, with their bonus:

1. Apprentice Fisherman +10 Fishing Skill
    2. Fisherman +20 Fishing Skill
    3. Hooked on Fishin' +30 Fishing Skill
    4. A Reel Fisherman +40 Fishing Skill
    5. The Angler (no bonus)

It seems strange that the highest tier title acquired by fishing 10,000 mackerel (tier V) does not follow the same progression as the other titles. Is this intentional or a bug?

Oh just noticed this thread, guess it should be where to put what I posted in general.

Some casting bars are gone -- it looks like for titles and food, which maybe was intentional, but it disappeared for blood bolt. Energy bolt still has it.

The gigantic trees around Bristugo do not appear unless you stop beside them. Little trees don't seem to have the problem, but the big ones were what I used to map out skulk positions and stuff like that, so they're helpful to see, and its extra weird they will vanish again if you move again once rendered.

The Frozen Weapon Tech kit won't let me apply it to a weapon because "You do not meet the requirements to use this item." lv100 dcraft and adventure. Doesn't have requirements to use it on the tech kit tooltip either.

Was trying to apply it to a claw with Virulent Venom and Rending.
    Last edited by Alisto; August 22nd, 2014 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alizarinblaze View Post
    Some casting bars are gone -- it looks like for titles and food, which maybe was intentional, but it disappeared for blood bolt. Energy bolt still has it.
    Already reported.

The gigantic trees around Bristugo do not appear unless you stop beside them. Little trees don't seem to have the problem, but the big ones were what I used to map out skulk positions and stuff like that, so they're helpful to see, and its extra weird they will vanish again if you move again once rendered.
    They are marked to "load always" and in fact on Chaos yesterday they were loading just fine for me from a great distance. More than likely you need to clear your world cache.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alisto View Post
    The Frozen Weapon Tech kit won't let me apply it to a weapon because "You do not meet the requirements to use this item." lv100 dcraft and adventure. Doesn't have requirements to use it on the tech kit tooltip either.

Was trying to apply it to a claw with Virulent Venom and Rending.
    Are you on Order? This may be related to an issue the tech team is looking into that is occurring on Order right now.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Hello, I want to open the Scout Burris' Trophy window at Imperial Outpost by clicking on "Bounties" but when I try it makes me crash sistematically:

horizons_1408705644.jpg
    SuHuz Fieryclaw, Grand Master Dragon Crafter (Order)

support - all craft-animation looks like foraging
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16594&dateline=140663  6576
    Greedy dragon

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Are you on Order? This may be related to an issue the tech team is looking into that is occurring on Order right now.
    I can answer that for him, yes he's on order, we both are.

As for the weapon name showing when you use it to fight, it just seems odd to me. But good to know it's not a bug.
    Ran into the tiles of water thing too, another saris of mine was able to run out to the edge of one before beginning to drown.
    I'll note that I did a fresh install of ista before patching.
    Denaryr, ancient, 100/100/36/10Fireth, ancient, 100/100/19

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    If the machine shows as Unnamed Entity on the map, then it will also say Unnamed Entity on the Item Creation Menu. I'm not 100% sure if the machine bonus (ie Expert = +75) is not recognized while in this state, but I think it is.
    Yes you still get the +75 bonus for expert shop even if it says Unnamed Entity.

Private Elmirra the Festival Guard has moved from her normal location for the Fall Festival, she is currently located at 47952, 14750 on New Brommel. Her dialogue definitely doesn't match her change of scenery

Also at the vendor in Aughundell - it shows both the Weapon Tech Kit: Undead Slayer, and Weapon Tech Kit: Thurid's Undead Slayer. Normal undead slayer is crafted. The vendor is missing Weapon Tech kit: Andorr's Ironwood Shaft.

Just some info for the Devs.
    Some thing I noticed today while making Dirks is that the normal creation animation and sound and the foraging animation and sound were both playing at the same time, don't know if this will help figure out the problem or not.

Thread Information