Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The red barrier debate

Anulaibar

Default Re: The red barrier debate

Quote Originally Posted by Galilee
    I DO want my alts (some of which are NOT in the same guild) and people I might choosefor that,to be able to get to private belongings and to stuff on the guild-house.
    Hold up. Ok, now I am confused. Let me see if this is right. If I let's say build a bunch of silos, some workshops, a guildhouse and a house, and I want everyone to have access to the workshops I also grant them access to my silo, my house, everything? So if I set my access to everyone I will get robbed blind? Please tell me I got it wrong.

If this is the caseI will no longer complain about redwalled plots.

Quote Originally Posted by Anulaibar
    I let's say build a bunch of silos, some workshops, a guildhouse and a house, and I want everyone to have access to the workshops I also grant them access to my silo, my house, everything? So if I set my access to everyone I will get robbed blind? Please tell me I got it wrong.
    You can set access for plot itself(the red walls)[:^)]
    But for each storage unit (Silo, House, Guoldhouse) you can limit the access to:
    1: no one (which means only yourself can access storage)
    2: guild only (everyone in your guild)
    3: everyone (guess what[:P] no clue who is using that option)

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

I wondering about some arguments I hear here...

The point is :

If you not open your stores Silos etc. for all no one can do anything with your Items that is a fact !!!!

So there is NO POINT why you must activate a red barrier ..there is no one ..or wait ..there is only one ....

You will not that the City goes growing and prosper and you like it to see that other players stay in front of your plot and will become angry !!!

The name of this guys you can read some treads over this :)

I will open my Plot and most of the Buildings for the comunity ... and I hope most of my neighbours will do the same ...I have no problem with travellers they craft around my Plot ..they arewelcome if they are friendly.

They areonly 2 things-- I will see...hold my workshops clean and anytime one ask for help and you can do it ....DO IT !!!

and the second is please ...if I'm at home (stay onmyground)so know that I will that you ( your Char ) say Hello and askme first( my char ) that is all what I want ( Yes I love RP *g* ).

If you will do this all is fine and you are welcome at the Hain :)

That was my 5 cent ...

Marada

But for each storage unit (Silo, House, Guoldhouse) you can limit the access to:
    1: no one (which means only yourself can access storage)
    2: guild only (everyone in your guild)
    3: everyone (guess what[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img] no clue who is using that option)
    And what is missing on storage units, and would help solve all existing issues why red walls at this time cán be needed(but would become truely obsolete if it would be present) is:

4. friends (with friendslist to fill in)

Now, this number 4 is ónly attached to the red wall; hence the reason why you can be driven to using the red wall. Not because you want to lock anyone out of your workshops, vaults or plot-area; but because you want friends (and/or alts) and those ónly to be able to get to one or more of your storages. (Without forcing them to become a member of your guild, lol...)

(Edit: And Marada: I do NOT redwall my plot. EVER. Because I utterly háte that contraption... but that doesn't stop me from feeling the difficulties staying unsolved... I hate barring my friends and alts from using my storages tóó...[:)])

I'll probably close down silo's n storages to me only, or with friendlist, not even guild only...we have public storage for that now...so no need...

otherwise all will remain open, even tho probably only guildies will use the machines...IF someone wants to, their free to use em.
    Myca Ghimerov, Fiendish Wizard, Sorcerer, Enchanter, Mason. Retired.

Proud Member of the Steel Phoenix

For me and Kushan Sogd, it is simple. All my chars are RP chars and they all act different as well from eachothers. All i do, I do for guild so the only option that Kushan members are using is: Guild only or in some rare cases: Deny all but that dont mean we have deny all from plot, just some private houses.

There must be other ways to keep security up at a house then to put a böoody red wall around it really.
    Vanaondo
    The RP guild Kushan Sogd at Harro, Unity Shard
    Download and install Pekkas Map Pack v2.9 today and HCC 0.26 Beta is there too

Morenth

I follow this thread and it seems that everybody don't understand what Galilée and me try to say :

> Ok, you can give access to your guildies or only to you on your storage, without red walls. We all agree with that : nice.
    > BUT there is one thing you can't do : you CAN'T give access to your storage at FRIENDS WHO ARE NOT IN YOUR GUILDif you don't give access to all buildings without restriction. There are a lot of players who work on / sharetheir plots with some friends (not guildies): the only way to autorize access to your storage to this friends is to put a red wall with an "autorization access list".

It's a fact. At the moment, there are no solutions to solve it. And don't say me that you can put free access to your storage coz everybody is fair and full of respect and won't take what you store on your plot. [:P]

This thread did lighten up on thing that I never thought about.

True, if you want to use a GH storage / house storage / silo access for NON-GUILDIES you have to set them to access all OR lock the plot and use the friend list.

I have made the experience that most of the people who use the locking options will grant you access to the plot.

but this doesn't help you to be safe for muleing or trading if you let everyone in...

it's a bad dilemma.

never thought about it this way.

We definetely need a friends list for Storage Structures.

I see nouse still to lock machines or vaults or even make them only available to some.
    -- || knoccest of the tailors. period.

Boryon

Quote Originally Posted by metagruen
    I see nouse still to lock machines or vaults or even make them only available to some.
    To provide an incentive for joining a guild...

(Before any flaming starts, take a look at my plot in parsinia - only the consigner is locked).

Boryon

Thread Information