Thread: Stand againt darkness and Life Strike cant be used

Default Stand againt darkness and Life Strike cant be used

OK I switched to paladin school to try it out and went to tomb of borannis.
    When i hit stand against darkness i got message
    "Your enemy is immune to this type of attack. You msut change your attack if you wish to engage this enemy."

Then when i hit Life Strike VII i get message
    "This attack requires fighting with Life"....wtf?
    (got tons of Life skill from Healer school so that shouldnt be problem...)

Default Re: Stand againt darkness and Life Strike cant be used

I see nothing wrong with Stand Against Darkness. Pretty sure it was tested on Blight as well and worked fine.

Life Strike was altered to use life skill and unfortunately it broke it as a weapon special. So, we'll be reverting it back so that it no longer uses the Life skill. Instead, for the next patch I'll update the damage multiplier.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by SuHuz View Post
    I've just become Paladin lvl 20 on one of my biped and I received "Life Strike I" but when I try to use it, it says "This ability requires fighting with Life". But how can I fight with Life ? "Life Attack" spell and Life Attack dragon Crystal don't exist so I can't convert damage to life.
    I had reported the bug with Life Strike in this thread a month ago: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...e-Team-Paladin.
    Thank you for having posted Salwirk, and thank you for updating Amon.
    SuHuz Fieryclaw, Grand Master Dragon Crafter (Order)

Hmm Ill test Stand agains tdarkness against different mobs. Thank you for looking into other ability.

I'd suggest attacking those mobs without any modifiers and see if you can damage them, otherwise you may be needing a crystal (though I thought that was only against the boss mob in that dungeon).
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Stand Against Darkness is setup to allow damage to be inflicted to Undead, Animates and Constructs. Anything else and you will likely see that message. I checked, however, and the undead in the Tomb of Borannis have the proper keywords.

I had reported the bug with Life Strike in this thread a month ago: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...e-Team-Paladin.

I know and I apologize for not fixing it earlier. I saw the post, but forgot to note it down for myself and so it was forgotten until now.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

just logged in and went to doom unbuffed and used stand againt darkness against torkay madda. same message..

If you could please submit a support ticket on this with what character you are using, we'll be able to look at your specific character.

I suspect that you have something equipped or another item which is changing your attack type and causing conflict.

Thread Information