Thread: Trinkets/Figurines

Default Trinkets/Figurines

The trinkets had the negative effect versions removed a few years ago, which was a welcomed change.

To help further their usefulness and desirability, can the length of those effects be increased?

Many are only 1 to 2 minute effects. Increasing them to 15 minutes at a minimum, to 2 hours would go a long way. I do not think people think of them as trash any longer, but not many use them since the effects are often short.

I would suggest increasing the effects timers as follows
    Current timer Suggested Timer
    1 to 2 minutes 10 to 15 minutes
    5 minutes 30 minutes
    10 minutes 1 hour

Default Re: Trinkets/Figurines

Actually, I may be going a different route with them. Instead of having them be a) looted and b) generic so that when you consume one you get a random buff, I've been considering making them specific (so Ethereal Figurine of Brobbet's Justice) and have them be purchased from NPC vendors.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Actually, I may be going a different route with them. Instead of having them be a) looted and b) generic so that when you consume one you get a random buff, I've been considering making them specific (so Ethereal Figurine of Brobbet's Justice) and have them be purchased from NPC vendors.
    If the benefits remain stackable as they currently are then this could be a problem for increased stack usage in backpacks and vaults as people will want to have as wide a selection of buffs during combat as possible. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, would be great to specifically choose the speed buff instead of having to consume 10 generic trinkets before it turns up. Just a bit unsure of the impact of a large number of new items and the increased use of item storage that it will bring to the game overall.

hmm- I love it the way it is atm.
    I use them regulary (and have tons of it)
    not sure if I like any of the ideas here.

(but agree with Tzael`s comment here)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Same here, I like 'em the way they are now, although I do like Guaran's idea of increasing the duration a lot!

If you make them purchasable as well as specific, that might be ok. But I would really hope the timers get increased either way.

I use them only during boss hunts.

I remember using a trinket baaaack then in the Silver Golems area.

The trinket changed my max health to 10. That was "fun"

I don't see why enemies should carry around potions only helpful for the Living Races. There must be some poison too in it.
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Ya, LOL I used that one too one time in the redback spiders outside augendell. 10 HP. I was running around screaming like a girl, but you know what? It was fun! I would have to agree with you Pharaxes, our enemies shouldn't just be dropping helpful things to us. If I remember correctly one of them was usually good but the other was a hit and miss on what you might get. Sort of like rolling the dice on craps..

*always loved trinket roulette in the middle of battle*
    *remembers party members being less enthused at my sudden deaths*

Thread Information