Thread: Underwing Color (Wing Membrane Color Mod)

Threaded View

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Underwing Color (Wing Membrane Color Mod)

This mod gives your character's wing membrane a colorful underside or under- and topside! It's activated by clicking the blue stance, but this can be changed to be any other stance by renaming "aug_stance_blue.def" to "aug_stance_<color>.def". Each character texture has its own selection of files to match your character the best possible, so make sure to choose the right one or you might get some oddities here and there.

The downloads are placed in an organised Google Drive folder. Make sure to go through the "Read Me" to make sure you're getting the right texture and for information on multi-color compatibility!

Download & Installation Instructions

1. Navigate to which texture the character you are going to mod has. (Examples are shown in screenshots in the main folder if you don’t know. Text descriptions are in the "read me" file.)
    2. Choose whether you want the top and bottom of your wings colored, or only the bottom of your wings. Go to the respective folder.
    3. Double-click on the color you would like to download.
    4. Move your cursor to the black bar at the top and click the download button. (The download button is an arrow pointing to a line below it)
    5. Move the <COLOR>.zip folder to your \...\Istaria\resources_override\ folder.
    6. Right-click the .zip folder and click “unzip”.
    7. Restart or run Istaria.
    8. (Optional) Delete the .zip from resources_override.

Conflicts and Compatibility:

This mod will conflict with any other mod that uses the stance definition files and Layers.def. An example of that is my war paint mod. It's possible to circumvent incompatibility with other mods by combining the definition and layer files so you use both images at once.

My war paint mod includes a compatibility version to work this this mod, so make sure you read the instructions on how to install both if you are unsure.

Otherwise, this mod should be compatible with everything else.

Example Images:

..and some more in the replies to this thread

*Note: This initial post was edited nearly a year later. Replies before September 19th, 2015 might not make sense to this post, but will make more sense to the original one:

Original Post:

After a while of not having my AGHviewer working on my desktop, I was on my laptop and remembered suddenly that it works here. So I got my hands dirty in the world of modding and whipped this up over the course of about an hour.

Click for Image

The color is triggered by using red stance and will only show up on characters with red stance, as seen here -

Click for Image

If I have the time or interest too I might put together a pack of these with all different colors to choose from, considering there's really only 3 or 4 main textures for the wings and recoloring them a few times can't kill me. Of course, that's only if people actually want it. Otherwise I just decided to share my bored adventures.

It goes over your wing's markings and only shows up on the underside of the wing, as implied by title, but I can make it happen over both sides and probably go underneath the markings if I had the interest too. Since my characters only ever have the underwing color varying I didn't bother.

Edit:

Download Link for this Version: https://www.mediafire.com/?c5hvh3ob61oh756 It only has the shown texture and color, please note! Check latest posts to see if I've actually gone through and given other versions.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; September 19th, 2015 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Editted per request of Racktor

Thread Information