Thread: Stand Against Darkness III

Default Stand Against Darkness III

Has this been reported? Can't hit under when this ability is up, it says enemy is immune to this type of attack. It's supposed to increase damage against undead... I was fighing one of Valkor's guards.

Edit: Life Strike VIII is also bugged, another paladin ability. says uses life skill or something...
    This has been reported already.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; December 17th, 2014 at 12:10 AM.

Default Re: Stand Against Darkness III

I can't find anything wrong with this. The only potential issue I can see is if it is processing one of the other triggers (that checks for Withered Aegis Animates or Constructs) and even if the Undead trigger succeeds one of those fails and it fails altogether. However, that hasn't ever happened before with items with multiple triggers so it seems far-fetched. I checked and Valkor's Guards most definitely have the correct undead keyword on them to process.

Just so you know, it only works for Melee attacks. Not for ranged or spell attacks.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I was just doing melee attacks. I will try again and get more data. I had a thurids weapons crystal in. but it works fine the rest of the time. I will try a few different weapons.

I bet it was Thurid's Stone. It uses an old method of determining what is undead and what isn't. The new method we're using uses keywords and allows us better control over what is classified as what. The old way required flags on the race itself and wasn't extensible. I'll update Thurid's Stone for the next delta.

Please try Stand Against Darkness without Thurid's Stone and let us know. Thanks.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

It's not the Thurids crystal.

I tried Valkor's blood sword, Demongii, crafted sword. Only buff I had was gift alacrity, then used stand against darkness. Was trying to fight a Bone Marrow (Valkor's Guard).

I could hit them with any weapon, but as soon as I used stand against darkness III, it said enemy is immune to this type of attack. Then after a bit I right click removed the stand against darkness effect, and I could hit them again.
    Last edited by Guaran; December 18th, 2014 at 10:58 PM.

I suspect then that its the multiple triggers. Passing this along to the tech team.

OOh just for the record If you are fighting Reklar and Primal boon is active.. then You can use Stand against darkness.. and it works.. very nicely! I don't know if this helps any.
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

Not sure if Stand Against Darkness was supposed to be fixed in this last big patch, but its still not working on the marrows.

It's good that it at least works on Reklar, it should work on him too, when boon is up.

No it wasn't meant to be fixed. but they are working on it. Wish it was fixed. It is "reklar slayer" that allows it to work. (I wonder if we could convince them to let flame/ice/energy attack over write its limitation for now? Although I think the answer will be. NO, no, no)
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

Thread Information