Thread: Istaria Cash Store: What would you want to see?

Default Istaria Cash Store: What would you want to see?

And before you say "Istaria doesnt have a Cash Store..." or "We dont need one" REalize we already got one, through account management screen.

This is what We currently can purchase (not including normal subscriptions)

Character Slot Upgrade: 4.95/mo
    Character Name Change: 4.95
    Character Recovery: 24.95
    Character Transfer: 24.95
    Merchandise Token: 9.95

So, If (And i know its a big if) istaria embeds a cash shop as part of istaria, what would YOU want to purchase?

Me, Id love to be able to purchase ability to change scale color, or apply new patterns... even being able to access colors that you cant GET in the starting character generation.
    Horizons Crafting Calculator Update Team Member
    Code Name: Webdragon
    SysAdmin, Head Developer

Default Re: Istaria Cash Store: What would you want to see?

I like the idea, and your suggestions, as they are *only* for appearance, and give no benefits in-game. One of the many things I love about Istaria is that you don't have to pay extra to get things to assist you in-game...with a completely free account, anyone can work hard and become an uber-fighter, crafter, or whatever else they'd like to do; paying a subscription gains you new races (including, of course, the ability to fly as a dragon), but, your character will end up no stronger than a free human character who works for it.

Changes in color or patterns, perhaps some clothing items for the bipeds (again, nothing that gives *any* perk or benefit)...maybe some different designs for plot-buildings or some sort of something-or-other for lairs (not special chambers, but, maybe more decorations?).

I'd pay for some of this...depending on how much it was, of course...and, wouldn't want *any* of it if it delayed improvements to the game itself.

I want to have a model change.... As in, change the head and stuffs!

I won't pass this off as an original idea because it isn't. One thing I would pay for here is visible custom designed guild cloaks. Would have to be a scale of some sort for dragons.
    Last edited by Teto Frum; February 10th, 2015 at 05:39 PM. Reason: additional info

Quote Originally Posted by Teto Frum View Post
    I won't pass this off as an original idea because it isn't. One thing I would pay for here is visible custom designed guild cloaks. Would have to be a scale of some sort for dragons.
    And shields! One thing i remember they had in DAoC which i thought was awesome sadly the cloak animation was awful... but is the artwork even there for cloaks?
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

visible custom designed guild cloaks. Would have to be a scale of some sort for dragons.
    Couldn't dragons just have cloaks? Maybe a nice fluffy saddle blanket or cover to put over them with the guild symbol? That way bipeds could ride on us. ... but not you Teto. You're too big. It would be like an adult riding the donkeys as the seaside. :P

Jesting aside, this has been brought up before as an idea, but I wouldn't mind special things like masks or other items like deco items that don't give any advantage over the game what so ever.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

- additional plot purchase (yes I know there is a way already, but this would be the correct one), limited to 5 plots per account. seriously, Order has big problems because we loose more plots than we can build with the active player horde (!). Maybe that would be an idea to help out of that crisis)
    - plot banner templates
    - pets (for stats, cargo or just having fun)
    - titles
    - Cloaks, like Teto mentioned
    - special plot buildings (ideas: flying boulders, bushes with butterflies, baskets with small storage, ahh well, just let your creativity go on)
    - special effects on weapons/shields (glowing, burning, shining, etc.)
    - character model upgrade (a few nice helmet models for example)
    - Loyality Tokens (enable f2p players to get a pet for example)
    - House interior? Hard one I know, but we all miss it, no?
    - neat confectioner recipes

To sum up my opinion on a cash store:

Let people buy aesthetic or decorative things that don't affect combat or school leveling? Absolutely. Creativity is key, go wild!

Let people buy things that affect combat or make leveling a school ridiculously easy? Absolutely not. This makes it easy to abuse and turns the cash store into a pay-to-win system.

Additionally I'd definitely throw money at something that lets players re-design an existing character if that is at all possible to implement.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment that anything available would have to be cosmetic only.

Back before Virtrium bought the game, there was a toy line. I`d love to see that brought back. be able to order customized action figures of your characters. course they`d have to have a toy modeling company manufacture them, and maybe hire some artists to design, and make molds, but it would be awesome if it were possible.
    Or use cash, or even loyalty tokens to purchase personalized t-shirts. I know there is a site where you can upload ideas for Istaria`s merchandising, but I can`t seem to find the URL anymore.

There's already a store right here on the website. It's the news page, on the far right, "Istaria Gear": http://www.cafepress.com/istaria

My first venture into Istaria fanfiction: link and my other fanfics: link and artwork: link

I still want the al-la-carte consignment upgrade added (I checked earlier and it still doesn't seem to live)
    Obsessed crafter of Chaos.

I'd like to see a option to move a scribed formula or tech from one character to another (still being scribed), I hate my mule can craft a nifty fluffy my main can't.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi View Post
    Couldn't dragons just have cloaks? Maybe a nice fluffy saddle blanket or cover to put over them with the guild symbol? That way bipeds could ride on us. ... but not you Teto. You're too big. It would be like an adult riding the donkeys as the seaside. :P
    That, plus the picture, made the Lunus in me die a bit inside
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

I was going to say something here, but being stomped on in other forums has made me skittish...
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Thread Information