Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Niesa's Draught (Part 5)

Default Re: Niesa's Draught (Part 5)

Going to check, but I am pretty sure I did all the quest line, but never got a formula for Niesa's Rub, just got 1 potion. I know for sure I never scribed a Rub formula.

Thanks Velea for looking into this.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

I've scribed the formula "Niesa's Draught", up to now I wasn't able to loot a Fiery Golem Core (not from Surtheim, Fire Opal Golems or Granduus) or a Crimson Ravager Heart.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

I think I have looted 2 Ravager Hearts but not sure where the Fiery Golem Core come from, I was thinking Surtheim but, those are Fiery Golem Materia not core.

Remember the Emerald golems dropped one that was a trophy and the other that was a core that was useless? This must be about the same but the Fire Opal Golems don't drop the Core for now. Just guessing.

Also it would be nice if the Ravager spawn was increased. Even having a Wolf den in that cave and having them spawn near the back or something in a tight spawn would be cool.

-Kor

..It was a mining cave dug out by Miners but, the wolves have taken over and are using it as their safe haven..Ooooh. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    From my understanding, Niesa's Rub has comps that can be gathered, thus can be made over and over. Draught, while you do get a formula during quest, I think the comps can only acquired during the quest. A similar example that comes to mind is during RoP you get a form to create something (idol maybe, I forget), but the formula is pretty much useless after you complete RoP. The quest does say "Collect cores from Fire Opal Golems that roam the caves of the island". If you've done the quest, then its a done deal, dont think the formula is going to be useful anymore. The Draught formula also uses Crimson Ravager Heart as a comp, pretty sure those aren't a normal drop from those wolves.
    Well Korchak and I never got Niesa's Rub formula during the quest. Got 10 Draught and 1 Rub in the middle of the quest, then at the very end got the Draught Formula. The NPC (can't remember the name) that gives the quests made the 10 Draught and 1 Rub after I gathered the comps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacurly View Post
    Well Korchak and I never got Niesa's Rub formula during the quest.
    The quest does seem setup correctly. NPC Barrakhen should have given the formula as a reward.
    After you do a few tasks for Giltekh, he sends you to Barrakhen with a letter.
    After speaking 2-3 times, the quest is over and you should have received formula: Niesa's Rub

You're sure the quest is marked complete in log? Maybe you didn't finish speaking to him all the way

It's a separate quest (called Niesa's Rub), its not rewarded during Niesa's Draught. It begins at Giltekh at Expedition Camp and requires level 80 Alchemist to start and 'Honoring an Old Friend' quest to be complete.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; March 20th, 2015 at 09:13 PM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Thanks Cega, will check it out and go see Barrakhen again.

Lili helped me back on track, need to be in Alchemy school to do the quest for the Rub Form. I was in Tink school, which worked fine for Draught Quest line. I should have read your post closer Cega. Haven't changed Craft schools in awhile

Quote Originally Posted by Dacurly View Post
    Lili helped me back on track, need to be in Alchemy school to do the quest for the Rub Form. I was in Tink school, which worked fine for Draught Quest line. I should have read your post closer Cega. Haven't changed Craft schools in awhile
    Niesa's Draught (Part 5) and Niesa's Rub quests both require you to be an Alchemist.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

And please change the type for the Fiery Golem Core from Simple Item to Resource.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Thread Information