Thread: Rebuild the New Trismus Shrine

Default Rebuild the New Trismus Shrine

I, among several others feel that destroying the shrine in New Trismus may not have been the best idea. For newer players it will make questing on NT more difficult in that they have to recall to somewhere else each time they die and port back into NT just to repeat the process. If NT wasn't its own island I could see removing a bind point there as just a minor nuisance but you have to port onto the island every time you die while questing on NT.

I suggest making the shrine 'buildable' (repairable?) so players can make it functional once again.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: Rebuild the New Trismus Shrine

I second this - it's not the nicest new player experience to have to run halfway across the world to get back. Some new players might not know of Kion's shrine location, so would just run all the way through the starter island again to get back to NT. (On Skalkaar that's really tedious)

Porting into NT every time also really isn't a good first experience either. Makes sense the undead would destroy a shrine but would also make sense that it'd be of utmost importance for Gifted to rebuild once they regain control of the town!

Thirded!

I was wondering if there would be New Tris world building projects at some point, having just seen the devastation for myself, and the Shrine would be the perfect place to start
    Obsessed crafter of Chaos.

I agree on this to. Takes alot of time running back all the time.
    Abbie: 100 Sorcerer, 100 Wizard, 100 Conjurer, 100 Chaos Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
    I agree on this to. Takes alot of time running back all the time.
    Not to mention with every portal trip the chance to "Crash out" increases. Lets not make the problems even more obvious than they already are.
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

I can feel your pain hehe. During the Delta update and those days of no Chaos play I created a new char on blight to play around in the new NT area. It was pretty fun, it has changed so much. I like how they made it easier in the beginning for new folks. I got to level 11 warrior fairly quickly. I think the first quest I turned in i was level 3 skipped over level 2, that was strange..so to get to the point. This is coming from someone who has played a while, not having a shrine to recall to was annoying. Your so slow, yes I died a few times he was so weak hehe, no heals LOL. I was recalling back to spirit isle then I was thinking, kion is closer. So I binded in Kion but it's still annoying, we do need to be able to repair Shrine.

When I first saw the devastation i was like awesome, I had even said in previous post that I wished for this upon the world of istaria but, it needs to be repairable as well. I noticed a house down by pratts pond, maybe it will have a shrine inside of it? Maybe we should build that folks.
    -Kor

What if... instead of an actual building, NT has a High Priest to bind to. He can stand next to the Cow farmer at the edge of the Flax field. And you have to "talk" to him to bind there. For a story line you can call it an NT defense blessing.
    Last edited by BareBear; February 17th, 2015 at 03:54 PM. Reason: spelling check

Maybe we have to help them finish that defense wall first? It looks like we can contribute building materials to that. I need to level up my crafting skills anyway. Might as well start here. Where has everybody gathered to anyway? I'm there now, but New Trismus is deserted.

My first venture into Istaria fanfiction: link and my other fanfics: link and artwork: link

I'm on New Trismus (Chaos). Just done the "To the Ruined Homestead" section of the quests
    (But now it's sleep time, will have to carry on tomorrow ^_^)

Looks like the war wall building is designed for the beginner level bi-peds to work on. Maybe they'll let the rest of us help rebuild after the siege has been broken.

My first venture into Istaria fanfiction: link and my other fanfics: link and artwork: link

Quote Originally Posted by flamestar View Post
    Maybe we have to help them finish that defense wall first? It looks like we can contribute building materials to that. I need to level up my crafting skills anyway. Might as well start here. Where has everybody gathered to anyway? I'm there now, but New Trismus is deserted.
    I actually came the forum to suggest something like this. I used to play a few MUDs that held events similar to this. To rebuild a city/structure/etc all the players would gather/build things and contribute by dropping them in a chest or giving them to a NPC. I thought this would be an awesome event to participate in.

I did my bit this evening, by handing a disk and inventory full of Sandstone Keystones to a lower-level Mason to apply to the wall ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsaka View Post
    I did my bit this evening, by handing a disk and inventory full of Sandstone Keystones to a lower-level Mason to apply to the wall ^_^
    And I deeply appreciate the gesture!!

Thread Information