Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Volcano Questline Needs Toning Down.

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: Volcano Questline Needs Toning Down.

They spawn literally right under her, the Hierophants - I assumed that was normal. Is it not? :o

Never saw that before
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    Never saw that before
    Yep they did.. every single time.. thats why we had the issues
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

yes- thats what I thought- and why I have posted my results here

It depends which server board I think is which.

Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    Yep they did.. every single time.. thats why we had the issues
    And not only did they spawn on top of her every single time, they healed her for 200k the milisecond they spawned.. each. :P

Would've specified the Hieros spawn on top of her earlier if I knew that was new/different. It's been so long since I hunted the queen that I didn't see the difference.

Tested her late last night. It seemed there was no way to keep the mob from getting off the heal. Even with spamming my cycle enemy keys on whichever character I was on, the heal went through before I could even target and smish the mob.

Had a constant stunner bolt going, Thunder Cloud/Shocking Blast, Snarl from the dragons on CD, Numbing Haze (that mind based low cooldown mez, might've gotten the name wrong). Chain Tail Whips, etc. All but one of the times, she was around 280 or 290k hp when the problems began happening.

Setup was a biped healer, and two dragons. Both buffed to the point where they hit for twice or three times as much as other GRs I've seen.

thy Alisto,

keeps us from trying the impossible, and safe precious game time on a Sunday:-)
    Will cancel the hunt until this is fixed

We have some changes to the Hierophant and Harbinger heals coming next patch.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Queen got taken down twice over the weekend. *Shrugs*
    The sac HP is pretty high in my opinion but it's fine, we got 3 people through them fairly quickly with 1 dragon and 3 peds.
    Think I'll try taking the Queen down prior to patch see how it goes. I figure if I don't kill any adds then they can't spawn under her.

Quote Originally Posted by Korchak Strongbone View Post
    Queen got taken down twice over the weekend. *Shrugs*
    The sac HP is pretty high in my opinion but it's fine, we got 3 people through them fairly quickly with 1 dragon and 3 peds.
    Think I'll try taking the Queen down prior to patch see how it goes. I figure if I don't kill any adds then they can't spawn under her.
    What was your group setup? I smished the queen a while back with half of what I had in the more recent test, curious now as to what happened to her.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Sometimes a hunt just doesn't work out, the RNG favoured the mob as it were.
    Same for the ARoP I did recently (Sunday) 3 Ancient and me a Helian Adult. We thought it would be tricky as I've been in groups of many more before and the party has been wiped. This time we cleaned up and even Elial didn't take more than 2 minutes to take down.

You can do a fight and not put a foot wrong but still lose, it's just the way it is.

Was this a one time thing? have you tried it again and was it still as hard?
    Also remember we just had a big Delta so some attacks you thought you knew could now do different things and mess up the sequence.

We just killed queen no issues. Nothing special about group makeup, but had a sorc, druid, healers, 3 ancients.

Make sure your group didn't have anyone in t4 scales, something like that.

It might be nice if that heirophant add wouldn't spawn directly under. +3x co-ord, +3y co-ord or something to offset it a bit.

Queen down again, just killed adds as they spawned took her down. Had 2 healers and druid, 3 ancients and a scorcer but I don't think the scorcer was even stunning we just killed adds. She hit us once really hard but the healers did their job well while the dragons kept on.
    I agree with the +3x coord and +3y coord offset from queen so that you can select them a bit easier. They are still in range to heal her that way as well I would think.

-Kor

Thread Information