Thread: Crashes at Delgarath Greater Anchor

Default Crashes at Delgarath Greater Anchor

played all evening helping a player do quests for Hero's resolve. when we went to the Greater Anchor, I started crashing soon as I fire my bow (using the Demon Flurry, just so you know) switch graphic cards from built in card to Nvidia. same issue still occurs soon as I fire at the anchor, I get kicked from th game with exception handle error. I did not have this issue before the update.

Default Re: Crashes at Delgarath Greater Anchor

I can't test any other anchor atm, due to the fact, one hasn't spawned. or for some reason, I can't find one in all the other locations to test on. I have to wait till one appears. it could be I will crash at any anchor. will update if one spawns sometime soon

Me and some friends had the same problem with flying or landing near it earlier for the same quest.Me and my friend sent a ticket in about it. In addition each time I and my friends crashed it like between 10-30 mobs already spawned. After Tuesday's downtime I flew and landed near it and seemed to be fixed and not crash. So the devs do know about it. In addition I haven't crashed at all at the Minor Anchor in NT so it might be exclusive to the Delgarath Greater Anchor. I do have a question how many mobs where there when you crashed?

I was just told about the minor anchor in NT, and went there. no crash there either. still no lesser or other greater anchors to be found atm. the Minor anchor must be quest related. as it respawns in about 10 minutes or so

I found a Lesser Anchor Outside of Morning Light when I go to attack there is a crash. Its more than the Delgarath Anchor. I will test the minor anchor next. The minor anchor is fine. Its only Lesser and Greater anchor. I think the code may be messed up. I have used Breath of Flame Burst all near all 3 anchors and the minor anchor is fine but the lesser and greater anchor caused a crash.
    Last edited by Spyrioyo; February 20th, 2015 at 04:45 AM. Reason: New Infomation

I have tried attacking the Greater Anchor (delgarath) directly with primal bolt V and when it hits it causes a game crash and an unhandled expectation this must apply to the lesser as on as well, the code is fine with the minor anchor. This is a bad code and there may be more other bad codes in the game.

Does it crash to desktop or does it present the separate dialogue to send in a crash report? If it does give an opportunity to give a report, be sure to hit Yes. That will submit the crash report to devs and that should be sufficient for the devs to figure it out.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Its says unhandled exception

I did redo the test on both anchor's and this time used dragon's reach still unhandled exception and allow crash report. Any attack on it will cause it to crash before I seen that flying or landing near it would cause it too, I'm not sure that issue is resolved yet either. I know I can just send a crash report in but I like helping the devs out by figuring out the problem and testing.

We have figured this out and have a fix pending.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thanks for fixing the crash.

But now you have added a new bug. when you get chased by the anchor mobs, he spawns more when the others aren't even killed. so we ended up with 40 mobs at the anchor outside of delgarath.

Also, Order still doesn't have an Anchor that i can find (except the minor anchor in NT and delgarath Anchor) where are the other lesser/greaters. there are none all week in the normal places like wolf's paw, imperial outpost, harro, eastern outpost, morninglight, south gate, outside Augh, augh battlefields. none to be found in any of the known locations they used to spawn in

Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    But now you have added a new bug. when you get chased by the anchor mobs, he spawns more when the others aren't even killed. so we ended up with 40 mobs at the anchor outside of delgarath.
    That bug has been there for some time and is one the tech team is aware of (but has no fix for at this time).

Also, Order still doesn't have an Anchor that i can find (except the minor anchor in NT and delgarath Anchor) where are the other lesser/greaters. there are none all week in the normal places like wolf's paw, imperial outpost, harro, eastern outpost, morninglight, south gate, outside Augh, augh battlefields. none to be found in any of the known locations they used to spawn in
    This is the spawn system bug that we're also aware of. Nothing new. Should be resolved with tomorrow's maintenance.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

ok, thanks for quick response

Found an anchor at imperial outpost. Not sure if this is a bug, or new setup for anchors.. but i have to ask. Are anchors supposed to hit players from 49+ meters away? step near it and get attacked. apparently they now have ranged attack, or have very long tenticles

Now seems they are immune to nearly anything i throw at them. nature, ice, flame, energy. those are all the attack types i have as a ranger. so atm, rangers are becoming more and more useless. most damage i could inflict was 12.

yes i know what they are sensitive to, but that don't work for rangers either
    Last edited by Malicore; February 26th, 2015 at 06:19 AM.

I re-read the patch notes and see that the anchors now have ranged attacks. so forget that part. Thanks

Thread Information