Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blight Delta 268/269 Discussion Thread

Default Blight Delta 268/269 Discussion Thread

Please use this thread to discuss changes coming for Blight Delta 268.

Just a note on this particular delta... We are working with our server admin to determine what possible course of action can be taken to reimburse players for the Epic Tokens. We will post as soon as we have more information, thus there's no need to ask at this time. We understand this is a "hot button" issue and are working to determine what to do.

Default Re: Blight Delta 268 Discussion Thread

Here are some things that I can think of right off the top of my head. I'm sure there is more but, I am a bit tired.

Fix Shield Graphics
    Show in crafting shop the item you are making instead of a 1 showing during creation
    Epic weapon components required being corrected
    Titles not showing your title before and after name: Example: Key Master ,Treasure Hunter,
    Allow launcher to run on most current Java 1.8 runtime before Java 1.7 is no longer supported
    Game quest for Niesa's Draught Part 5 being glitched because the last two triggers are swapped in order. Should travel to Feladan prior to finding and speaking to Akhet.
    During Weapon creation show player what the different shaft and head styles look like, currently it's blank. It use to work and was very nice, now it's just a guess.
    *-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*
    Ideas for Future improvements

Reduce Large tavern footprint, currently it is way too big. Should be no larger than the large vault IMHO.Maybe put a sitting perch for dragons on the roof so they don't need to change to Khutit form.
    Cape on Bi-Peds showing like all other armor pieces do

-Kor

Shoot, I spoke before the notes came out on Blight Delta 268.

Glad the Formulas got reduced to 24s, that way the compensation for each player that got paid the 24s for each formula that was removed from them can be replaced. Hope I'm reading that correctly.

Increasing the cost of the Epic Component Formulas to 144 is fair enough, since the formulas were greatly reduced.

Happy that the Epic Boss Quest timer got reduced to 22hours rather than 24hours that will help out, thank you!

Note: One small problem for me is that it appears that I have jumped the gun on buying Epic Formulas. I bought two of them at 288 tokens each for a total of 576 tokens. I will not buy anymore until the Blight Delta 268 goes through now. Hopefully, for all players who have been hunting and have bought at the 288 price will get compensated.

-Kor

After I've been one that bashed a lot, I've to say in a lot of details: thank you devs for hearing our voice. I need to check in practise if the one or other thing turns out as well as the patch notes sound, but I calm down now.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Crashing. A lot. I log in, move, and try to put my gifts on, and boom. unhandled exception. Clicked yes on send reports. Sound breaks up some too.
    Blight: Kaylee, Marynah, others
    Guildmistress, Crafters of Blight
    Chaos: Demmona, Bankshot, others
    Co-Guildmistress, Mithril Council

T6 scales look very promising.

Now some scales allow certain techs to be put on and some not.
    For example T6 melee tail will accept tnc 5 tech but t6 melee back wont. Intended or bug? *crosses fingers in hope there wont be restriction to techs* I cant check that but I hope that T6 caster tail accepts magus kit.

Melee wing has only 100 health,105 dex,65 breath whereas caster wing has -165- health,105 focus,65 breath.

Melee hindleg 165 armor,100 health,65 breath. Caster hind 100 armor,165 health,65 Breath. Again more choices or a bug? (tbh its really nice to leave choice to player)

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

I went to the peak of storms and flew all along the path but I couldn't find the lesser epic boss memory of elial anywhere on the blight server, could there be a potential, spawn bug?

I believe it is the spawn bug. Memory of Elial is the "old" Elial that has always been on the island (he patrols on the road). Just got renamed and changed to Lesser Epic boss. He's patrolling on the internal server, so hopefully next maintenance he'll be there on Blight.
    -------
    Are there any particular Gifts that is crashing the client, or is it just a hit and miss? Tech team has been optimizing the code on certain things that should help the overall performance on the client.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; February 28th, 2015 at 07:27 AM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    -------
    Are there any particular Gifts that is crashing the client, or is it just a hit and miss? Tech team has been optimizing the code on certain things that should help the overall performance on the client.
    Gift of dex V and gift of str V I believe. Same on multiple chars and multiple physical machines. None of the dragon abilities/buffs I start out with cause any crashes. Turning off the sound in options does not stop the crashes, though the audio does break up. Gifts of alac, armor, and speed seem ok. Others untested.
    Blight: Kaylee, Marynah, others
    Guildmistress, Crafters of Blight
    Chaos: Demmona, Bankshot, others
    Co-Guildmistress, Mithril Council

Quote Originally Posted by ZyrimShadowheart View Post
    I went to the peak of storms and flew all along the path but I couldn't find the lesser epic boss memory of elial anywhere on the blight server, could there be a potential, spawn bug?
    Being a Lesser Boss now his spawn rate is similar to other Epics so if someone already killed him then it might be a while. Keep checking back.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thank you, Marynah. I'm able to reproduce that crash and have sufficient debug logs to pass off my notes.

Please add Defender of New Trismus tech kit to Steward Pratt.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    I believe I logged in, started casting gift of alacrity V, Gift of Health V, and began casting Gift of Power V and ctd.

Once they find the issue, be sure to check all the gifts for the issue.

I am glad to see the SSE2 support and other newer optimizations, that should hopefully improve client performance.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Can Revitalize 1 get a boost?
    Most mobs now on NT hit quite a lot harder than they used to but the only heal most young chars have is revitalise 1 which only heals for 10-15 which is utterly useless now.

It has been some time since I did a brand new char but I can say that it's a lot harder to level up as a new char now that it used to be. You don't want to put them off to soon, they get the shock later when it comes to multi-schooling and rating. 1 to 20 in your first school should be relatively easy to lure you in.

I have flew there today I don't see Memory of Elial I don't think he has spawned at all. Also, I don't think anyone killed him. In addition it seems that the ARoP Quest 24b: Defeat Elial has a linking problem and is broken like the lunus RoP was. I was in group yesterday with people doing ARoP and it glitched for them.

I'm not sure what you mean by there's a linking problem. And we'll look into the Memory of Elial's spawn.

But the ARoP quest works. You must use the spawned mob, however, not the Memory of Elial. You must kill Elial the Mercenary which is spawned by the quest when you greet the Guardian of Elial. If you fail in killing Elial the Mercenary, you can cancel the ARoP 24b and restart it without issue.

The quest text was a bit wrong in it, as you can't "re-greet" Elial any longer as the quest suggests. But, like I said, you can cancel the whole quest without issue.
    Last edited by Velea; March 2nd, 2015 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    I believe I logged in, started casting gift of alacrity V, Gift of Health V, and began casting Gift of Power V and ctd.

Once they find the issue, be sure to check all the gifts for the issue.

I am glad to see the SSE2 support and other newer optimizations, that should hopefully improve client performance.
    Using the blight client I tested All gifts, on both live and blight shards.. no issues

Also I tested all paladin abilities, All worked from what I could see. So Again no issues.

Althought I have had an unusual number of crashes or just failing to login. When the option to send a report in has come up I have done so.

Also the textures on the shields look amazing. However the texture on the demonogii has been skewed, It was fine before the patch. (side note : I like the green orb on the demonskin staff)
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

The bug that crashes the client, when casting Gift of <insert name> has been fixed. This would be applied to current update, which should now be available on Blight Client (Blight should now offer a small update). Many new optimizations to improve frame rate and other misc improvements to overall client performance (unnecessary actions) should be noticeable for some players.

It looks like the new istaria.exe on Blight has been patched out, please try this out and re-test any issues such as the Gifts and other issues.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; March 2nd, 2015 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    Also the textures on the shields look amazing. However the texture on the demonogii has been skewed, It was fine before the patch. (side note : I like the green orb on the demonskin staff)
    The Demon Maul and Demongii textures has been fixed already (Patch in queue). Still some issues with some of the weapon textures, all will be dealt with. Weapon Textures are a top priority, some modifications has recently been done to make them standardized (more easy for the artist to deal with them). It was difficult to standardize them all at the same time, please be patient if you notice anything awry regarding the weapon textures.

Epic Tokens

Cost now
    Formulas
    72 Tokens - Component Formulas
    288 Tokens - Epic Formulas
    Resources
    24 Tokens - Epic Cores

Cost after patch Delta 268
    Formulas
    144 Tokens - Component Formulas
    24 Tokens - Epic Formulas
    Resources
    96 Tokens - Epic Cores

This detail is looking a bit disappointing to me. But it seems we have to live with some kind of compromise.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Thread Information