Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Blight Delta 268/269 Discussion Thread

Default Re: Blight Delta 268 Discussion Thread

Is it really necessary to increase the epic core cost by 15% and reduce the amount of tokens given by the daily quests? I believe the current system is fair as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ZyrimShadowheart View Post
    Is it really necessary to increase the epic core cost by 15% and reduce the amount of tokens given by the daily quests? I believe the current system is fair as it is.
    Looking at the patch notes, there's a 'weekly' quest being introduced. I assume the cost changes were due to that quest, which I imagine will give a significant amount of stuff due to it being weekly instead of daily.

Hmm I hope so that the weekly quest does that.

It depends which server board I think is which.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisto View Post
    Looking at the patch notes, there's a 'weekly' quest being introduced. I assume the cost changes were due to that quest, which I imagine will give a significant amount of stuff due to it being weekly instead of daily.
    In theory it should also be pretty helpful to those who can only play on the weekends. Getting something like 20 tokens/week instead of the 70 other people got just because they can't play every single day is pretty discouraging, I'd imagine. A weekly with a lot more tokens (presumably) lets them up their tokens/week while only adding a benefit to those who play every day anyways.

Currently the Weekly is set to give 28 tokens for killing 2 Greaters and 4 Lessers. Note, you can do both a Weekly and a Daily in the same day and at the same time.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Currently the Weekly is set to give 28 tokens for killing 2 Greaters and 4 Lessers. Note, you can do both a Weekly and a Daily in the same day and at the same time.
    Unless you're trying to give a stronger incentive to go after different Lesser mobs, I may suggest swapping those two around. Usually people do epic runs going through Valkor, Reklar, and Soggy then sometimes back to one of the previous.. can't say I've really ever seen anyone kill 4 lessers, well, over the course of one day anyway. It would just feel less 'out of the way' and would be easier to get a party together in my experience. Of course, with a quest like such, that could change.

Btw to anyone unwilling to do the math - 7 dailies of 8 tokens and 1 weekly of 28 would be the equivalent of 7 dailies of 12 tokens. So yes, we're gaining more overall technically. :P

Also, I can't remember - is Fafnir a Greater or a Lesser?

Greater Epic:
    Valkor the Impaler
    Reklar Plaguebearer
    Shaloth (Myloc Queen)
    Son of Gigaroth
    Greater Blight Anchor

Lesser Epic:
    Daknor the Beserk
    Fafnir the Defiler
    Memory of Elial
    Surtheim
    Gruk the Frigid
    Lesser Blight Anchor
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Big batch of changes in 269, some looking pretty good

Can you tell us more about the ceremonial shields' new effect? I am guessing this was changed to avoid conflicts with trinket buffs?

I did some calculations about a weeks worth of epic tokens this the ideal able to do all quests. The total amount is generally lower.

Current System as of Delta 268: 10 Tokens Lesser Daily * 7 + 1 Looted Epic Token from Lesser * 7 + 10 Tokens Greater Daily * 7 + 2 Looted Epic Token from Greater * 7= Around 161 Epic Tokens Per Week

New System for Blight 269: 8 Tokens Lesser Daily * 7 + 1 Looted Epic Token from Lesser * 7 + 8 Tokens Greater Daily * 7 + 2 Looted Epic Token from Greater * 7 + 28 Tokens Weekly = Around 161 Epic Tokens Per Week

This is about the same amount so why is there a increase in current Epic Core cost which is 96 Tokens by 15 percent which will make it about 110 Tokens for one epic core and 330 for 3 epic cores with the current cost is 288 epic tokens for 3 cores. Since they are the same. Why does there need to be an epic core cost increase?
    Last edited by Spyrioyo; March 12th, 2015 at 10:40 PM.

Current System as of Delta 268: 10 Tokens Lesser Daily * 7 + 1 Looted Epic Token from Lesser * 7 + 10 Tokens Greater Daily * 7 + 2 Looted Epic Token from Greater * 7= Around 161 Epic Tokens Per Week

New System for Blight 269: 8 Tokens Lesser Daily * 7 + 1 Looted Epic Token from Lesser * 7 + 8 Tokens Greater Daily * 7 + 2 Looted Epic Token from Greater * 7 + 28 Tokens Weekly = Around 161 Epic Tokens Per Week
    Somehow I forgot about the greater quests...

Either way, the weekly quest requires you to kill 4 lessers and 2 greaters at the moment. So + 4 more looted tokens from greaters and +4 more from lessers = 169 tokens weekly. Which, in reality, isn't much of a difference and doesn't account for a 15% increase.

Default Re: Blight Delta 269 (Upcoming)

Most of these changes look fairly good but I have a concern with the town marshall. On order the Aughundell guy is charging 12s for Bone Lacing and Blackhammer Crest. That's 1200 of his currency. That just seems excessive and will take a week as it is. I don't really feel that it should take a week to get a replacement kit when the original quest took maybe an hour. Especially when all these scale and item changes are happening.. I feel that the cost should be cut in fourth.. Make it cost 3s and that's still a day+ depending on how often you're able to log on, And this delta notice makes it sound like it's going to increase in cost to a week of constant hunting if you can do all the quests, every day... That's my biggest concern about this delta. But I could be reading it wrong.

Glad to see that my suggestion that Sinth the Jade Snarler's spawn be made static, that'll make finding him way easier.

Default Re: Blight Delta 269 (Upcoming)

Quote Originally Posted by Ainura View Post
    Most of these changes look fairly good but I have a concern with the town marshall. On order the Aughundell guy is charging 12s for Bone Lacing and Blackhammer Crest. That's 1200 of his currency. That just seems excessive and will take a week as it is. I don't really feel that it should take a week to get a replacement kit when the original quest took maybe an hour. Especially when all these scale and item changes are happening.. I feel that the cost should be cut in fourth.. Make it cost 3s and that's still a day+ depending on how often you're able to log on, And this delta notice makes it sound like it's going to increase in cost to a week of constant hunting if you can do all the quests, every day... That's my biggest concern about this delta. But I could be reading it wrong.

Glad to see that my suggestion that Sinth the Jade Snarler's spawn be made static, that'll make finding him way easier.
    "The cost of doing business with the Town Marshalls in Istaria has been adjusted."
    The cost -has- been changed (I can't seem to remember what it has been changed to though, but it's quite a bit less), and with how powerfull some techs are, a week of full quests seems more than reasonable. Remember, these shouldn't be extremely cheap either as they are rewards

Valkor’s Blood Talon now boosts T&C by +100 and Dexterity by +120.
    Right now it increases TnC by +120 and Strength by +100.
    Timeo danaos et dona ferentis..

Quote Originally Posted by Chibisuke View Post
    Right now it increases TnC by +120 and Strength by +100.
    That's better! truly

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

A little confused by these new Rift crystal drops.
    Can they only be used in the Rift?
    Is the strength one for melee attacks and the power one for casting? (they both add same damage but don't say any difference)
    Should these be attuned? if not you've pretty much killed the Crystal crafting school.
    Is it your intention for the Rift to be camped 24/7 ?

Just curious as I couldn't find any info about them. Thx.

nb, also a bug with them is they can be dispelled.....by yourself when cleansing debuffs the 1st togo is the crystal buff.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Default Re: Blight Delta 268/269 Discussion Thread

Claw Strike....

Deals more damage to mobs in RED stance??? Are these stances even in-game anymore as I never see a mob on a glowing disc anymore.

Don't really see the point in it as it stands either as it hits for 50hp more than my normal claw attack? Perhaps it's better against red stance mobs but what are they?

Should it be using the Tail Whip animation? because it is

Quote Originally Posted by Sindala View Post
    Claw Strike....

Deals more damage to mobs in RED stance??? Are these stances even in-game anymore as I never see a mob on a glowing disc anymore.

Don't really see the point in it as it stands either as it hits for 50hp more than my normal claw attack? Perhaps it's better against red stance mobs but what are they?

Should it be using the Tail Whip animation? because it is
    Sounds like the ability is a direct copy of powerstrike (although i thought it was more damage if YOU are in red stance).. the stances are still in game but just not used. (look in your abilities list they are right there)
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

Yeah, you do more damage when you are in red stance. I've always setup a hotkey for Powerstrike (also red stance) to do Red Stance ability then do the Power Strike ability. Slight delay doing the extra step though. Maybe just add Red Stance to your buff hotkey. But on other hand, I found another ability that does more damage in blue stance, Critical Strike. So that's why I set up a powerstrike hotkey to always do red stance first, then another hotkey to do blue stance + Critical strike. More delay doing the extra step, but I'm lazy and I'll forget to switch stances back and forth.

But the tailwhip animiation. That does seem odd. Dragon kung-fu maybe?
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Just a question regarding the instant heal change, is the healers group instant heal still going to remain at its current recycle of 3 minutes? Also I am wondering if the bloodmage Group Instant transfer (3 minutes recycle) will get any changes

Quote Originally Posted by starlight View Post
    Just a question regarding the instant heal change, is the healers group instant heal still going to remain at its current recycle of 3 minutes? Also I am wondering if the bloodmage Group Instant transfer (3 minutes recycle) will get any changes
    Yes, the group abilities will remain as is.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information