I was under the impression that the idea of changing timers to recycle was that it would improve versatility and of course give players options and things to do. (i.e buttons to press)

What is linked:

Shield of Gold ----> Refreshing Breeze = 50% timer

Bite ----> Drainstrike - Using drainstrike gives bite a 50% recycle? But using bite only gives Drainstrike a very minor recycle?

Ravage ----> Tailwhip - Using tailwhip gives ravage a minor recycle but using ravage gives tailwhip a 25% recycle?

Its not that I mind some shared timers to a lesser degree, and if they were linked with evenly shared recycle times. But now ALL of our breaths too? They were unlinked a few years ago so dragons could be a bit more useful in combat.

And linking Shield of Gold to Refreshing breeze (and visa versa) at 50% is not helpful at all! Those are purely defensive abilities used to keep a dragon alive. Its something that dragons need both of available and unlinked.

I would like to understand what the logic is behind linking all of a dragon's different abilities together in groups with unevenly shared timers like this? Could we players please have an explanation on how this benefits dragons and leaves them without the problem of having no abilities to use due to them all being on recycle, because you run out of melee abilities to use in about 10 seconds now.

What is the logic and reasoning behind these linking of abilities when the idea of changing abilities' timers was to allow players more buttons to press so dragons don't get put in the position of waiting as their abilities were on recycle?

To further my point... No biped school has this many abilities of theirs in a single school linked in groups together like this. They have many schools with mastered abilities in each, and dragons have one single school to rely upon and only around 27 abilities that are learned via trainers and quests purely to do with the dragon school. How does linking all of these with each other into groups help a dragon efficiently contribute with a multi-classed biped in end-game content? (I.e. doom or in a group for something like an epic hunt?)