Thread: Lesser Epic Boss Aura

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Lesser Epic Boss Aura

When I logged into Racktor in Dralk without the Lesser Epic Boss quest or having done said quest for a few days, he spawned in with the Lesser Epic Boss aura. I checked through my other characters and this is what I came up with:

Name - Has Done Lesser Quest? - Level - Has Aura?
    Racktor - Yes - 100 - Yes
    Dorokane - Yes - 100 - Yes
    Alaike - No - 11 - No
    Zikari - No - 100 - No
    Teikera - Yes - 100 - Yes

None of these characters logged in anywhere near a Lesser Epic Boss. A friend of mine said he randomly got the aura in the middle of Spiritous Swamp as well but that could have been from Daknor. (Not sure where he was?)

I think any character who has done the quest before logs in with the aura despite the quest being complete looking at what I came up with.

Can anyone else confirm with their characters who have done/not done the quest?

Default Re: Lesser Epic Boss Aura

Daknor can be in the spiritual swamp. I have done multiple quests both lesser and greater.

Nah Daknor wasn't near where i was.. Otherwise I think I woulda been running for my life :P i was at the northern edge hunting Enraged Aegror. Not sure what the range is on the aura... Gruk was in the general area but not at that time.
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

Did you greet Vargas and speak to him within the hour (playing time wise) previous to when you had been playing, perhaps? Because Vargas will give either Aura via his persistent dialog if you click on the right words. This change was noted in the patch notes for delta 268, but it isn't how it originally worked. And the Epic Bosses still "pulse" the aura, just greeting Vargas and getting the aura allows players to have a bit more control over whether or not they have it.

I think if you have the quest active when you login, it also puts the aura on as well.

It's all just to make sure you have it on, when you do the kill. It doesn't do anything except make sure you can loot tokens when you kill one.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Did you greet Vargas and speak to him within the hour (playing time wise) previous to when you had been playing, perhaps? Because Vargas will give either Aura via his persistent dialog if you click on the right words. This change was noted in the patch notes for delta 268, but it isn't how it originally worked. And the Epic Bosses still "pulse" the aura, just greeting Vargas and getting the aura allows players to have a bit more control over whether or not they have it.
    Nah I hadn't spoken to him for atleast several days, So I knew for certain that couldn't be the case. Which is why I was so surprised
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    No quests on any characters and have not spoken to Vargas either. As I noted, Racktor and Teikera haven't had the quest for a few days and I believe I have played with them after the quest was completed but I could be wrong.

Logging into Racktor now, knowing I got the quest about 5-10 playtime minutes beforehand (I went after Surtheim today), I have the "Lesser Epic Aura" with 58:24 left on its duration. I am near Surtheim though and it wasn't very long that I had killed him but I know I played for more than 1:36 afterwards.

Logging back onto Dorokane it has 56:18 left on its duration and I am very sure it's been a lot more than 3:42 since I was near Surtheim or had the quest. I had him sitting around for at least 5 minutes or so before logging him out. But I'll keep a closer eye on it just in case I'm terrible at judging time. :P

If the "Lesser Epic Aura" that's pulsed from the boss lasts an hour though, I could just be wrong with my times and that my explain Calyndrell's 'random' appearance of the aura in the swamp. Could've just gotten close enough to Daknor and it lasted long enough for him to move away and notice it at a later time.

The timer also stops counting when you go offline and resumes when you come back online.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

I'm aware, as Velea said "playing time" Hence why I used the words "playing time" in my post in response.

Funnily enough I've seen this with the greater epic aura too. Fought the greater anchor at Delgarath with Mach last night and when I logged in this morning I had the greater epic aura on a 58 minute timer. And I had definitely played longer than 2 minutes after the fight before logging Mach off.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Thread Information