Thread: tech kits for bracelets and hindlegs

Default tech kits for bracelets and hindlegs

I had idea going on in my head for a while,for 4 types of tech kits that would go on bipeds bracelets and dragons hindlegs (bands).

-flaming bracelets- chance to put small flame dot + burned (enemy debuff):reduced power and focus 30sec-1min?
    -freezing bracelets-chance to put small ice dot + frozen enemies(enemy debuff): +10% delay to enemies 30sec-1min?
    -spiky bracelets-chance to put small pierce dot + crippled(enemy debuff): reduced str and dex 30sec-1min?
    -electric bracelets-chance to put small energy dot + energized(self buff): -10% delay to atatcks - 30sec-1min?

5%-10% chance to put perhaps 25-50 dot.

Quest reward maybe from chiconis battlefield quests? I cant really think of others...suggestions?
    Last edited by Tilithia; March 11th, 2015 at 06:58 PM.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Default Re: tech kits for bracelets and hindlegs

Hm, kinda sounds like it would be taking away from (and likely conflict with) a lot of spells/abilities/xtals already in-game?

You had me at "tech kits for <jewelry>"
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

An interesting thought... would love to see more tech kits in general. It always did bother me that no tech kits exist for hindleg scales.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

I agree with hallucin8 in that it would take away from existing abilities. In particular, this would detract from the disciple fist buffs by making variants of their own signature abilities available to quite literally everyone and their mother!

Additionally, they sound so powerful that there'd be no reason to ever not have them, which makes the problem hallucin8 described even more of a clear issue. This would be even worse if they are available from such a low tier quest. Even if they were only available from T6 content, I'd still vouch against them as they diminish the value of some existing schools, as cool as the ideas themselves may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Hlec Etlhcrh View Post
    I agree with hallucin8 in that it would take away from existing abilities. In particular, this would detract from the disciple fist buffs by making variants of their own signature abilities available to quite literally everyone and their mother!

Additionally, they sound so powerful that there'd be no reason to ever not have them, which makes the problem hallucin8 described even more of a clear issue. This would be even worse if they are available from such a low tier quest. Even if they were only available from T6 content, I'd still vouch against them as they diminish the value of some existing schools, as cool as the ideas themselves may be.
    I think the general idea is sound, perhaps not with the described ideas but with other ones that don't detract from existing schools.

Yes I definitely didn't want them to look too powerful and I failed :P what I tried to do is have introduced some tech kits with unique abilities,the dots are not so much unique or original. I realize either idea (the dot or buff/debuff) could make its own kit.

with the t3 revamp coming im hoping that there are questlines that could use such quest rewards. of course timers and how much they add/take can be adjusted. It was a rough idea.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Quote Originally Posted by Salwirk View Post
    Yes I definitely didn't want them to look too powerful and I failed :P

Haha, I know that my imagination would certainly fail in this regard. I find it very hard to think of something 'new' for this game in terms of effects. We already have DoTs, HoTs, +damage, +stats/skills, +armor/res, damage shields, as well as debuffs which pretty much do the same to the enemy. To me, I'd like to see a little more in the way of '% to do ethereal damage' or '% to reflect damage' but that's just asking for things to be easier

Tech kits for more pieces of armor/scales and jewelry however, that I think is a very worthy pursuit.

Some of the effects I can think of, I take from other games like Diablo 3 (can I say that?). Chance to do area effect slow when hit, chance to add fire to your walking/running, chance to revive self when receiving fatal damage... most of these probably aren't even feasible, but can be sure to make things interesting
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Hopefully thing like the following is possible to a degree - a chance to, when your hp hits zero, to take no damage from any source for 5 seconds but you can't attack. However, you can still be healed. Once the five seconds are over (or..1 second) you're either alive from the near miss or dead anyway!

Hrmm... maybe something that has a low chance of increasing your armor and/or evasion by 200% when your health is below 10%, or something that has a low chance of entirely negating an enemy's next attack when it procs?

Quote Originally Posted by Hlec Etlhcrh View Post

How do those ideas conflict with the disciples? Not seeing it.

As far as using abilities from certain schools, I don't see anything wrong with that. The game already does that in a few examples I can think of. And the class from which they come, could still use them and get extra chances for the buffs/effects.

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    Haha, I know that my imagination would certainly fail in this regard. I find it very hard to think of something 'new' for this game in terms of effects. We already have DoTs, HoTs, +damage, +stats/skills, +armor/res, damage shields, as well as debuffs which pretty much do the same to the enemy. To me, I'd like to see a little more in the way of '% to do ethereal damage' or '% to reflect damage' but that's just asking for things to be easier
    True. Dot's always conflict with each other anyway, nearly to the point of being pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    Tech kits for more pieces of armor/scales and jewelry however, that I think is a very worthy pursuit.

Some of the effects I can think of, I take from other games like Diablo 3 (can I say that?). Chance to do area effect slow when hit, chance to add fire to your walking/running, chance to revive self when receiving fatal damage... most of these probably aren't even feasible, but can be sure to make things interesting
    Agree, some sort of new interesting effects would be good.

My first thought was, wait, hindlegs on a dragon equates to legs on a biped. These should go on leggings... and then I thought, flaming pants would be bad!

However, rather than jewelry, I think it would be neat to have tech kits for things like shoulderpads, gloves, and capes (both hunters and crafters can use with full gear sets).

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    How do those ideas conflict with the disciples? Not seeing it.

As far as using abilities from certain schools, I don't see anything wrong with that. The game already does that in a few examples I can think of. And the class from which they come, could still use them and get extra chances for the buffs/effects.
    The ice one in particular is where there's a really bad overlap. Take for example:

"-freezing bracelets-chance to put small ice dot + frozen enemies(enemy debuff): +10% delay to enemies 30sec-1min?"

Freezing Touch, obtained by Ice Disciples get a buff that has a 50% (rank 1), 65% (rank 2), and 80% (rank 3) chance on hit to apply the following effect:
    Modifies delay by +10% (rank 1), +20% (rank 2), +30% (rank 3)
    Modifies recycle by +10% (rank 1), +20% (rank 2), +30% (rank 3)

I know that some pretty much equivalent abilities are shared between schools (such as "Enhanced ____ Bolt", "Coordinated ____ Bolt"), but that's not problematic, as they are fundamental abilities for fighting. The abilities that make classes unique, on the other hand, are not shared or duplicated at all. Especially not in the form of items!

These additions would be most beneficial if they indeed did have a very low chance to proc (otherwise they would simply be too powerful; just imagine often receiving a -10% delay). Additionally, because they would seldom proc, it still leaves the attack-proc based uniqueness of disciples intact.

If I had any suggestions for change, I would recommend changing their procs to be attribute-based debuffs, similar to how it is currently with flaming bracelets. It'd be putting an emphasis on attribute debuffing which is rarely put in to play.

Thread Information