Thread: Combat Spell efffects causing lag in battle.

Default Combat Spell efffects causing lag in battle.

I noticed this when you have combat spell effects enable in epic fights like SoG it sometimes lags and you can even hear the sound and effects after you defeated the enemy. This might be some kind of bug.

Default Re: Combat Spell efffects causing lag in battle.

Isn't that a given in any game though? Higher-res graphics, more effects, more things moving or loading in, the more lag you get depending on how good your computer is. I know my computer can't handle high-res graphics for really any game so I can't say if this is something Istaria itself has a problem with or if it's just my crappy computer. Haven't had much issue with lag after turning down the graphics and disabling spell effects on my end.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Yeah but some it doesn't seem like a computer problem cause it happened to more than one person in the group when fighting the boss. At one time it was everyone in the group. Especially with the recent fix the anchor combat spell effect crash glitch. Makes me think there might be more problems with combat effect spells.

I do remember firing off a bunch healing spells, and ending up with a permanent star trial behind me as the effect simply didnt go away.
    But I've definately heard of the effects only firing off after said mob has been killed, had it happen to myself for a while untill I switched comp.

It depends which server board I think is which.

This has happened since the day I joined, really, so I'm not sure if a fix is high up on the priority list. But a workaround is to disable spell effects before the battle underneath your video options. This lag is definitely super noticeable after epic fights.

I think this happens because the engine can't play all the effects at once so they're sequenced after each other and eventually they just build up until they play for minutes afterwards. Might be a server lag precaution gone wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    Isn't that a given in any game though? Higher-res graphics, more effects, more things moving or loading in, the more lag you get depending on how good your computer is. I know my computer can't handle high-res graphics for really any game so I can't say if this is something Istaria itself has a problem with or if it's just my crappy computer. Haven't had much issue with lag after turning down the graphics and disabling spell effects on my end.
    I have a mid-to-high end computer I built last year and the spells lag for me. And of course spell effects don't show up if you disable them! :P

Next time I'm in an epic fight, if I remember, I'll record a clip of the spell effects lagging if that's helpful.
    Last edited by Racktor; March 12th, 2015 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    I have a mid-to-high end computer I built last year and the spells lag for me. And of course spell effects don't show up if you disable them! :P

Next time I'm in an epic fight, if I remember, I'll record a clip of the spell effects lagging if that's helpful.
    That would be good and what you mentioned about your computer it may not be a computer problem.

Yer it's an old bug unfortunately. I always turn spell effects off before long fights, but basically (somehow) the effects get stuck in the queue and don't fire off properly or keep looping. Once the corpse disappears the queue will execute and all those effects will then play out... looks like one heck of a party!
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

It depends which server board I think is which.

Quote Originally Posted by ZyrimShadowheart View Post
    That would be good and what you mentioned about your computer it may not be a computer problem.
    I was referring to Machaeon who said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    . . . the more lag you get depending on how good your computer is. I know my computer can't handle high-res graphics for really any game so I can't say if this is something Istaria itself has a problem with or if it's just my crappy computer.
    Was just saying it happens even on a higher end computer so, yeah, it's probably the game, not the comp. :P

I'll see if I can record it. I'll poke in-game tomorrow for a hunt, see if anyone wants to help me showcase a bug while getting some free tokens, lol

I seen SoG does this mostly. But that may be cause I fought him the most.

Thread Information