Thread: Backpack and other Containers.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Default Backpack and other Containers.

Not really a new bug, but while we are having this bug fix overdrive month or two.
    Any chance of looking at backpack/containers and why items constantly decide to re-organise themselves upon each login?
    Ta.

Default Re: Backpack and other Containers.

This is actually fixed on the current client on Blight server. It now saves inventory position to local pref - /prefs/charactername/UIInventory.def

Once you have have this client, you could actually make a backup of your prefs folder (Launcher, Troubleshoot, Prefs, Backup button). Then go in and rearrange things randomly, on purpose. Then do the Restore button, all of your things will be back the way it was You could test this out now by grabbing the istaria.exe from the Blight patch and use it on Chaos/Order. Or patch to blight, then tick the disable patching box in launcher (to prevent it getting undone if you login to live shards).

Off topic, but for those who aren't very familiar with this Backup/Restore feature on the Launcher, it not only saves a copy of your entire prefs folder but also saves a copy of your resources_override folder. So this is handy to backup your mods as well. It copies the entire folder, not specific files. So if you had some .zip files or other random junk in these folders, those get backed up, too.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Thanks, this is gonna make my OCD so happy

*chorus of angels sings* Oh my... this is a happy day.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Western North America, near a fault and far from volcanoes.

OMG. I've been wanting this fix for most of a decade. Container reorganization has driven me away from Istaria again and again. Thank you!!!!

I wonder if this will pertain to the Auto Window Resizing that I am always redoing once I close a window.

Would be nice if it just remembered how I like it and save when I close it out. I'm constantly opening and closing windows and re organizing so I can find resources as I pass them from one char to another.

This wouldn't affect sizing, it just records which 'square' in the grid that an item was last in. By the way this is on Live Shards now.

But a couple of things that was preventing some windows from dual wielding correctly was recently done. I recall that the vault and personal inventory window was tied together which doesn't seem to be true now. It seems if you resized either window, the other window would inherit the settings of the other when it was reopened. I do know the following inventory type windows are saved uniquely in /prefs/charactername/UIPersonal.def . This is auto generated and changes everytime, so trying to edit it, is useless, it will get undone next time you log out.

UI_LAST_WINDOW SiloWindow
    UI_LAST_WINDOW InventoryWindow
    UI_LAST_WINDOW VaultWindow

I believe containers (cargo disk, pet, pouches) window uses the same settings as your personal inventory window (UI_LAST_WINDOW InventoryWindow). Change the size of one and the others (similar types) will change too the next time it's opened.

Silowindow, I'm fairly sure is the inventory windows of plot structures.

See if the auto resizing issue you're referring to is still occurring. If so give an example to reproduce. But keep in mind that containers and personal inventory windows are tied together. If you think a certain window would be better if it was saved uniquely, please give example.

Fix works lovely....until. ;P
    If you crash (which all do a lot these days) then the backpacks don't remember your last save and revert to randomly putting stuff anywhere. Perhaps make it tied to the Porting system mite keep the image upto date and less likely to revert upon crashing?

Quote Originally Posted by Sindala View Post
    Fix works lovely....until. ;P
    If you crash (which all do a lot these days) then the backpacks don't remember your last save and revert to randomly putting stuff anywhere. Perhaps make it tied to the Porting system mite keep the image upto date and less likely to revert upon crashing?
    something like that would be nice. this morning i sorted through the squirrel's mayhem, reorganizing my entire overstuffed backpack, then the squirrel knocked me out and went wild in it again. after re-sorting, i logged for fear of crashing and losing all that work again. so much for the opportunity to roleplay during my limited game time. :-(

Well, we certainly can't be having all that hard work go to waste from a crash and the devs agree.

386.131 will save the contents of inventory locations upon a recall or teleport. It will make its way to blight soon.
    But feel free to test it out now: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/i...rt/istaria.exe

If you fear you might crash before a normal logout, just recall or step through a teleporter and it will be saved immediately.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; March 31st, 2015 at 06:35 AM.

wowsers, thank you so much!

Wow that's great!

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Sorry, something got missed in the teleport issue, it's updated now. Please re-download the same file https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/i...rt/istaria.exe

Thread Information