Thread: Bugs in patch added 3/16/15

Default Bugs in patch added 3/16/15

• Added a "Weekly Epic" quest - won't give me the quest
    • Getting disconnected from server, while still in game and moving around (this is found by casting spells and getting "item doesn't exist" error message
    • Talking NPC's in Augh (and most likely other towns as well), can no longer be silenced by adding to ignore list
    • Message from casting Thunder Cloud - Thunder Cloud V has matched keyword and will not be applied
    • Rangers Lightning Arrow and Energize, if recast while already being used, reset timers as they should. but get stuck in the casting window as if they never cast. have to hit the space bar to clear it

Default Re: Bugs in patch added 3/16/15

Noxious maggots spawn in quantities 1-4 instead of 10 and take a lot longer to spawn than before patch. Please tell me this is a bug and not intentional because bipeds are already hard to lv to 278 as it this!! if changes,make maggots spawn faster,not slower.....

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    This isn't much information to go on. All I can tell you is that the quest requires you to be at least level 90, have not done the quest that week and it is uploaded to Vargas, so you should be able to get it. If you still believe you should have the quest offered to you, please provide more information either here or to us at support.istaria.com with character name, etc.

Thunder Cloud is due to the stun changes. We'll have to look at getting a better feedback message for that so that it explains better what stun immunity is.

The others you reported seem to be client related issues and would be better if you could submit a support ticket with logs so that our tech team can work to try and replicate and see these.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Velea; March 18th, 2015 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Salwirk View Post
    Noxious maggots spawn in quantities 1-4 instead of 10.
    We finally were able to track down and get the bug fixed with AI generated spawns, we think. They seem to be obeying the intended caps now. Sorry that didn't get reported in the Client Patch Notes.

The t1 hoard loot tables seem to have been replaced with the hoard loot tables of things in the Rift

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    The t1 hoard loot tables seem to have been replaced with the hoard loot tables of things in the Rift
    Already been reported (http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ight-Delta-269) and fixed for the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    This isn't much information to go on. All I can tell you is that the quest requires you to be at least level 90, have not done the quest that week and it is uploaded to Vargas, so you should be able to get it. If you still believe you should have the quest offered to you, please provide more information either here or to us at support.istaria.com with character name, etc.

Thunder Cloud is due to the stun changes. We'll have to look at getting a better feedback message for that so that it explains better what stun immunity is.

The others you reported seem to be client related issues and would be better if you could submit a support ticket with logs so that our tech team can work to try and replicate and see these.

Thank you.
    i saw another similar post about the NPC in eastern outpost giving the weekly epic quest. he said it wasn't showing in his quest list. when i went to him, i clicked the quest 4 times and it was still there in his list.

so after reading the other post i relogged and went back to the NPC. seems the quest is not in his list now. so i have to assume that he did give it to me. but it's not showing up in the active quest list

I do have the great and lesser epic boss quests.. but nothing showing i have received the weekly epic boss quest

• Talking NPC's in Augh (and most likely other towns as well), can no longer be silenced by adding to ignore list
    This is causing a lot of lag, if you turn off emotes the lag goes away. But then you can't use emotes So I have been turning off emotes in Aug then turning back on after I leave.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Adding this in here just incase it was missed from my other post in different thread.
    New crystal drops from the Rift, they are removed when you 'cleanse' yourself.
    Ie they are acting like a de-buff and are always the first to be removed leaving the actual debuffs on to do their damage.

Also I think the time for the Armour boost is a tad low. 0.05 seconds?

Here are a few bugs I have noticed since patch: Chaos Server

1. I noticed on more than one occasion yesterday that people in group appeared to be ghosting (walking in place). I duel logged and saw my other character doing that also.

2. Casting spells show in my chat as being casted, but the damage will not show. If I am hitting with a melee weapon it will show but all casting spells that I have tried will not show damage; however the mob does take damage and will die.

3. While Quarrying in IOI I noticed that my mining pick was invisible, around the same time I also noticed that during recalls my loading screen was not being used it was like I had /setpref useloadingscreen false but I never did, shortly after I CTD and then the loading screen worked again and my pick showed up.

4. During logon in the patcher it said that there were missing files and that I would more than likely crash, please run the patcher to load the missing files. I am not sure what this means, it never pointed to the file that could be missing only that there was a missing file.
    -------------
    This bug I am not sure if it is related to the patch or if it has always been this way.

5. During ROP you asked to scribe a Mirror formula: Requirements are 300 Transmutation.
    The problem is that in the Creation window it is asking for a Stoneworking Pedestal and to use Stoneworking Ability but, the correct Machine to boost your Transmutation would be the Transmution Hall with a Cauldron in it. Shouldn't the Tool and Machine requirements be to use the Cauldron in order to allow Player built machines to be used to aid in boosting?

-Kor

The Mirror formula has always been that way. It's done on purpose so you need the skill on your character, and cant skip 9 craft levels using a +90 machine.

Do you think it's actually done on purpose or just a mistake that has been overlooked for so long that we just live with it? You can still skip those 9 levels by leveling your adventure and wearing teched scales to compensate for the lack of 30 DCRA.

Pretty sure it's on purpose, it's not the only formula where the machine required is non-typical. Leveling adventure really high isn't really skipping it

Quote Originally Posted by Dacurly View Post
    This is causing a lot of lag, if you turn off emotes the lag goes away. But then you can't use emotes So I have been turning off emotes in Aug then turning back on after I leave.
    The npc emotes, in emote channel will follow the ignore player rules in a future update. That's unusual its causing lag. But in the meantime, you can stop them from talking by doing this. Copy any npc names you see in /resources/definitions/characters/idleactions over to your resources override folder.

For Aughundell this would be:
    * corporalironguard.def
    * lieutenantironguard.def
    * privateironguard.def

Open your copies, with notepad, in your override folder. Erase everything, leaving a blank file. Restart game. They will no longer speak nor walk around.

This is actually a new 'toy' for players too. The actions they do or speak are only seen on your local client. That's mainly why the npc's speak in emote instead of the "say" channel now, so that other players don't see that too. You could actually change the text or add or subtract other actions or text, too. Perhaps some players could come up with some slick tasks for various npc's in the world, to do and make mods for it or perhaps some could be used in game in the future. If you view some of the various files in there, some are documented so that you should be able to figure out what each thing does. For a new npc, create a file called firstlast(name).def in your override folder and that npc will start doing things you tell it to do.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; March 20th, 2015 at 09:35 PM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    The npc emotes, in emote channel will follow the ignore player rules in a future update. That's unusual its causing lag. But in the meantime, you can stop them from talking by doing this. Copy any npc names you see in /resources/definitions/characters/idleactions over to your resources override folder.

For Aughundell this would be:
    * corporalironguard.def
    * lieutenantironguard.def
    * privateironguard.def

Open your copies, with notepad, in your override folder. Erase everything, leaving a blank file. Restart game. They will no longer speak nor walk around.

This is actually a new 'toy' for players too. The actions they do or speak are only seen on your local client. That's mainly why the npc's speak in emote instead of the "say" channel now, so that other players don't see that too. You could actually change the text or add or subtract other actions or text, too. Perhaps some players could come up with some slick tasks for various npc's in the world, to do and make mods for it or perhaps some could be used in game in the future. If you view some of the various files in there, some are documented so that you should be able to figure out what each thing does. For a new npc, create a file called firstlast(name).def in your override folder and that npc will start doing things you tell it to do.
    Thanks Cega
    I did it a little different, I just opened notepad copied and past the file names you have and saved to resource override folder the blank file.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Quote Originally Posted by Korchak Strongbone View Post
    Do you think it's actually done on purpose or just a mistake that has been overlooked for so long that we just live with it? You can still skip those 9 levels by leveling your adventure and wearing teched scales to compensate for the lack of 30 DCRA.
    I can't answer if its on purpose. But my personal opinion is it's fine as it is. When I did RoP, I naturally tried to shortcut it by visiting a +90 machine to craft the item so I could do it at a lower level. When I realized this 'trick' wasn't going to work and that I had to gain a few more crafting levels; I did make some teched gear. I was able to do Lunus RoP at level 27 by using teched crafting gear to craft that mirror. If I was also able to get the +90 bonus, then I'd be able to do RoP at even a lower level. Don't think that's a good idea. If it is setup incorrectly, then it's doing it's job by preventing low level 20-22 toons from completing it.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; March 22nd, 2015 at 01:29 AM.

I do see what you're referring to. Even though the quest doesn't appear in quest log, it does appear that the players are actually receiving the quest (while invisible in quest log).

Has anyone killed 2 Greater Epic and 4 Lesser Epic mobs and gotten reward or quest marked as completed in 'Completed Quest' tab after accepting the (clicking the link) Weekly quest?

Yes, but it doesn't count nor says completed.

It depends which server board I think is which.

I haven't killed what's required for it, but I checked what Zyrim is saying - it indeed does just disappear. You can't quit it, you can't re-accept it, nothing. Vargas doesn't give you any text to go with it, either, as he usually would.

Devs have figured it out. The weekly Epic quest will work correctly after next Tuesday's maintenance, on Blight, Order and Chaos.

Thread Information