Thread: A new role player

Cool A new role player

For those of you that may have wandered through the introduction forum, I'm new to Istaria. I am a member now, as such I can create more than one character. I have a character for the Chaos server I've worked on, I also plan on making at least one for this server as well. At least I will after figuring which race I'd like to role play as. I've role played on a few other games before so I am familiar with it, Just learning the lore a bit here. Though, I've contemplated making my character (at least my first character) a young one, so as to have an in character reason for why I may be as unfamiliar with the world s I actually am. I've always thought role players got the most out of whatever game they played, so count on seeing me in your number eventually.

Default Re: A new role player

Welcome to Order, The way I have always personally interpreted the lore is that the gifted are kinda like the immortals in highlander. They continue aging until the first time they die after that then the "gift" takes effect and then they are immortal. So following on from that interpretation your character could in theory be of any age. However the effect of dying has caused a level of amnesia. Which also allows you to "remember" things as you as a player learn them. Not telling you how to play or make a character but just offering up one interpretation.

(ooh the above explaination doesn't really work for dragons but meh they're unique anyway)
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

Whatever race you choose, you can always RP them young, just stay away from gray hair and wrinkles. Order does have a few motherly types who will adopt hatchlings if you're looking for a family (Most of Order's dragons are already related to nearly every other dragon somehow, I've long given up keeping track of the family trees there.) I'm certainly not one of those who will adopt, though I'm always willing to have a helpful discussion both in-character and out-of-character.

Role playing can be fun regardless of race, it all depends on what you decide the personality of the character to be and how it interacts with others. Though if difficulty is a factor in choosing your race, I do have to say that dragons are a pretty easy race to get a good understanding of as they're pretty difficult to make useless or have a bad build with them, with only one adventure school and three craft schools you can max out their levels fairly easily. Bipeds are a bit more complicated simply because they have more schools than dragons get, the multiple schools can pose a problem when your adventure rating starts getting high enough to reduce experience gain significantly, they do require multiple craft schools to make the basics of what they need. I'm certainly no expert on bipeds yet, but there are plenty of people who are well-versed in everything bipeds can do out there if you want to make a good biped character.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

"stay away from the grey hair and wrinkles" or
    Human1: Hey old man!
    Human2: old man? I'm only 18.
    Human1: uhhh...you look older
    Human2: I angered a necromancer by laughing at his baldness.

hehe thank you guys for the suggestions

Hello and greetings friend. If you see Erren Scarnetti in the realm of Order, feel free to ask anything of him.

Thread Information