Thread: The Perfect Rose Quartz Shard

Default The Perfect Rose Quartz Shard

Ok, so I've been trying to turn in the holy water for the quest, but Gangaf only greets me and tells me about his new invention. If he didn't have the (?) above his head, I'd be fine with that. This in not the first time I've had issues with Gangaf, he's been an annoying gnome before with this same quest.

horizons_1427485719.jpg

Apologizes if there is already a thread for this or if I'm in the wrong place, I just couldn't find another and didn't know if the recent patch brought it about.
    Denaryr, ancient, 100/100/36/10Fireth, ancient, 100/100/19

Default Re: The Perfect Rose Quartz Shard

It's been a while, but I believe I had an issue with this quest too. Turns out the pitcher you were given at the start of the quest must be in your inventory to progress. If you placed it in your vault, grab it. If you destroyed it, you have to drop and restart the quest I believe.

Again, I'm pretty sure that's the problem in this situation, however if you want to be safe hang around for a developer to stop by and confirm (or refute) what I said.
    Chaos: Xingolos PlagueWind (31 Hatchling: 23)---Cilok Magmaborn (retired Lunus Ancient: 100/100/60)---Turacegos Blizzardwing (20 Hatchling: 19)---Bilkur Tinkerton (Gnome adjusting to life on Spirit Isle)

Well, more to add then, I never got the pitcher to begin with. So that may be my issue currently, but that also just adds to the bug. XD

He should have given you a Crystal Flask when you accepted the quest. Make sure the Flask isn't inside a pouch or another container such as pet or cargo disk, but in your regular inventory when you go back.

Also, if you have dropped and retaken the quest, if you had the old flask in your vault (or some other location), I believe you won't get a new one. You might need to destroy the original one first, then get the quest again, if you're still having problems.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; March 28th, 2015 at 12:49 AM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Never received the flask, just realized the screenie shows up tiny. :/ I'll drop and retry then.

Edit: I had the flask in my vault hidden away. I remade the character and managed to keep the flask, didn't think twice about it. -.-

Thank you for your help Cegaiel.
    Last edited by silverth; March 28th, 2015 at 02:44 AM.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

I just did the quest this morning on my new char, didn't find anything wrong and now have the tech......the Perfect rose quartz shard you make the tech from don't delete thou after you finish the quest.

I'd say try deleting the quest and starting again making sure any quest objects stay in your top bag.

edit: ignore I see you sorted it now

Thread Information