Thread: Titles: New Changes?

Default Titles: New Changes?

In regards to the Title change, I understand the damage was removed recently due to players being upset that many Titles were mob specific on damage only and people felt this was wrong. I want to say that I would have to agree and also disagree with this, I think the Developers were really close to hitting the nail on the head. Let me explain what I think would be an excellent solution and possibly making everyone happy.

Titles from now on would give you two things:

1. A Title of course to wear with pride for whatever you have most definitely earned, I would like to see this Title be worn the way it used to be, the STAR EMBLEM into the Equipment window.(Make them 0 bulk)

2. An ability that is still mob specific that could buff the player for let's say, 30 minutes? This timer would of course be decided by our development team.
    This way a player could wear whichever Title they wanted to that fit their personality, and also use the ability to buff for specific mobs. I may not understand the intricate details but, I don't think that this would be too hard to implement. I know you put it on hold to think about the best path forward, and I hope you consider this as at least a possibility. Any player feedback on this would be most appreciated as well. Fire away!

Default Re: Titles: New Changes?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaishan View Post
    1. A Title of course to wear with pride for whatever you have most definitely earned, I would like to see this Title be worn the way it used to be, the STAR EMBLEM into the Equipment window.(Make them 0 bulk)
    The bulk of the titles wasn't the problem with the emblem system though. The stack was. Once you get around 40 or 50 titles... you're taking up quite a lot of stack space wherever you keep them and some people ended up deleting titles to get the stack space back. This was one of the major reasons behind the original title change to abilities instead of emblems- freeing up stack space.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaishan View Post
    2. An ability that is still mob specific that could buff the player for let's say, 30 minutes? This timer would of course be decided by our development team.
    This way a player could wear whichever Title they wanted to that fit their personality, and also use the ability to buff for specific mobs. I may not understand the intricate details but, I don't think that this would be too hard to implement. I know you put it on hold to think about the best path forward, and I hope you consider this as at least a possibility. Any player feedback on this would be most appreciated as well. Fire away!
    That's kinda what we had for a while... each title ability was specific to the mob or mob type you killed to get the title. I didn't like that system though because any + damage title only let you hit that specific type of mob so if a title had a skill boost you want and a + damage, you could only get that skill boost and be able to fight only against that mob type. What I'm thinking and hoping the devs are trying to do is change the + damage part of certain titles to only add the damage against the mob type specific to the title but also let you fight anything you want while the title effect is active but the damage isn't boosted against the other mobs not specific to the title.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

There was soemhing on my mind since these changes to titles. Thurids undead slayer tech kit has restriction Undead only, and it will add damage against undeads,yes,but you can still use that weapon against all other kinds of mobs. So why something like that is not possible with titles? -make them useable against everything but damage adds only against this and that mob.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Yes your right it wasn't the bulk it was the stack space, too bad they couldn't be 0 stack. I just wish I could use the ability of the Title but, wear any title I want like GMC or Treasure Plunderer.

Could it be possible when scribing the Title to give you a formula? Then you could make a spell for the buff? and then wear any title you want separate form that?

Thread Information