Thread: Muck flies SW of Bristugo - bugged intermittently?

Default Muck flies SW of Bristugo - bugged intermittently?

There seems to be some strange bug with the muck flies.. they will attack as normal for a time but, eventually, they seem to almost "lose sync". The reason I say this is they just stop attacking. You can continue attacking them but your own attacks will begin missing 100% of the time (I assume some kind of anti-cheating code?)

If you move, however, they will swarm around for a second and adjust position and resume attacking. The result is that you have to constantly move around to keep them behaving normally and combat-able as they should be!

Default Re: Muck flies SW of Bristugo - bugged intermittently?

Similar experience here: I pull a bunch of mobs- and I cant`t hold them- even not with menacing pr. and spiked scales- they simply run away- though I hit them-as soon as I move and I am close again- they attack. They do not run away if I keep moving.

Other thing: Most Rift mobs I have to pull with reach first-cause if I try to attack (if I nearly sit upon them) it says: "Mob is x m away from you"
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Hmm, I tried the muck flies. I swung one time and sat their for 15m without moving. It is still attacking me 15m later. I'm wondering if you're getting severe lag. Maybe try /window lagwindow . See if you're getting any Unanswered Acknowledgements (UnAckMsg). UnAckMsg 0 is good. Hows the Server Response Time bar? Mine is at 100%
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

If you guys are feeling adventurous and feel like experimenting when this issue might have been introduced, I do have several archived versions of older clients. Maybe you can try to go back a few client versions and see if maybe one of them stops giving this issue. This might help pinpoint when the issue was introduced and help getting a fix quickly.

.138 is the current version, so no need to start with that one. Maybe try .134, then .133, etc and see if one of these older clients, the issue no longer persists anymore. That'd be a big help to pinpoint it. Just overwrite your istaria.exe in the main game folder. http://istariareference.com/mirror/client-archive/

Keep in mind, it is very possible this isn't a client issue, but a sim issue. If this is the case, then the older clients might behave the same regardless of which version. But a good chance it could be
    Last edited by Cegaiel; April 18th, 2015 at 01:14 AM.

Sounds like the perch code is being activated. That happens when the mobs think you are out of reach. So it could be a positional bug of some kind.

Perched = you are out of reach of the mob, so the mob takes off running until it is completely out of range, then will run back as well as fully heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    Hmm, I tried the muck flies. I swung one time and sat their for 15m without moving. It is still attacking me 15m later. I'm wondering if you're getting severe lag. Maybe try /window lagwindow . See if you're getting any Unanswered Acknowledgements (UnAckMsg). UnAckMsg 0 is good. Hows the Server Response Time bar? Mine is at 100%
    The weird thing is that it either happened or didn't - standing and fighting it usually wouldn't start happening, but would happen seemingly on pull, they'd approach, use their muck ability that's ranged, then get cloesr and just stand there. They DID NOT run away, just stood in melee range, or very close to it enough that I could attack anyways, without doing any melee attacks. They'd continue using their timed ability at range, but would not do their bite/normal melee.

I'm guessing it is some kind of weird subtle sync issue - I don't think it was lag, as I could still fight/cast spells/etc. just fine, and do damage to them as well.. My INKLING, just total shot in the dark.. their hit box is maybe kinda small and, as a result, their check for "am I in melee range" might be failing because they are slightly further away, but as a player we easily can reach their larger hit box? Something like that, perhaps. When I moved they'd often rearrange and resume meleeing, but sometimes would break instead. It was very hit or miss. I couldn't really find a consistent rhyme or reason to it.. But yeah, just a feeling it may be something to do with hitbox/measuring distance for melee checks, or possibly some kind of sync thing (though in this case, I'd imagine I wouldn't be able to attack/cast at them and still do damage and all.)

Again, they didn't run off as if I was unreachable or anything, they just stood in a swarm around me and were attackable.

I do kind of see what you're saying. I was able to reproduce that, but not consistently. What I did was hit one of them and aggro'd 3 flies in total and sat there. Got plenty of messages about they missed and casting their abilities once a minute. After a while, it seemed like one of the three flies stopped attacking (animations stopped). So I killed off the other two I knew was attacking so I could see what messages appeared. The remaining fly had stopped the melee attacks (no more miss, miss, miss messages). Instead, once a minute got

[04/17/15 19:45:56] Muck Fly -> Me : Muck Miasma [ Casting... ]
    [04/17/15 19:46:58] Muck Fly -> Me : Muck Miasma [ Casting... ]
    [04/17/15 19:48:00] Muck Fly -> Me : Muck Miasma [ Casting... ]

No miss messages after Casting their special ability (it did for a while at beginning) and no more miss messages (Melee).
    As soon as I took one step, the melee began again.

By chance has anyone noticed similar behavior on other mobs, or just with the flies?

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    I do kind of see what you're saying. I was able to reproduce that, but not consistently. What I did was hit one of them and aggro'd 3 flies in total and sat there. Got plenty of messages about they missed and casting their abilities once a minute. After a while, it seemed like one of the three flies stopped attacking (animations stopped). So I killed off the other two I knew was attacking so I could see what messages appeared. The remaining fly had stopped the melee attacks (no more miss, miss, miss messages). Instead, once a minute got

[04/17/15 19:45:56] Muck Fly -> Me : Muck Miasma [ Casting... ]
    [04/17/15 19:46:58] Muck Fly -> Me : Muck Miasma [ Casting... ]
    [04/17/15 19:48:00] Muck Fly -> Me : Muck Miasma [ Casting... ]

No miss messages after Casting their special ability (it did for a while at beginning) and no more miss messages (Melee).
    As soon as I took one step, the melee began again.

By chance has anyone noticed similar behavior on other mobs, or just with the flies?
    Interesting.. they seem to cast Muck Miasma often when coming into range, so I wasn't sure if that was part of the problem, or just them doing the only thing they can at their present range (ie a ranged ability) and something else is preventing their melee-ing altogether. As I said, the hitbox/melee distance thing is just a hunch, but seems to make sense given the unusual model.. It may be worth testing against other flies of a different level/name? Are there any other models that are similarly strange?

Thread Information