Thread: Is Delgarath Militia: Unsung Heroes: The Bigger They Are bugged?

Default Is Delgarath Militia: Unsung Heroes: The Bigger They Are bugged?

Delgarath Militia: Unsung Heroes: The Bigger They Are asks you to loot:

3 Brachina Beetle Mandibles
    3 Murk Crab Claws
    3 Stygian Scorpion Claws

The wiki says to loot:

3 Brachina Beetle Gland
    3 Murk Crab Gland
    3 Stygian Scorpion Claws

http://istaria.wikia.com/wiki/Delgar...igger_They_Are...

I have killed an untold number of Brachina Beetles and gotten no mandibles but a bunch of glands.

Is this quest bugged?
    Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Default Re: Is Delgarath Militia: Unsung Heroes: The Bigger They Are bugged?

brachina beetles don't drop mandibles so yeah,seems a typo/bug. gather your glands and turn them in.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

I'm looking and see the typo, that will be fixed. It's actually wanting Brachina Beetle Membrane. Are those dropping?
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaros View Post
    Delgarath Militia: Unsung Heroes: The Bigger They Are asks you to loot:

3 Brachina Beetle Mandibles
    3 Murk Crab Claws
    3 Stygian Scorpion Claws

The wiki says to loot:

3 Brachina Beetle Gland
    3 Murk Crab Gland
    3 Stygian Scorpion Claws

http://istaria.wikia.com/wiki/Delgar...igger_They_Are...

I have killed an untold number of Brachina Beetles and gotten no mandibles but a bunch of glands.

Is this quest bugged?
    The wiki isn't necessary accurate at times. Be careful on using that.

Quote Originally Posted by ZyrimShadowheart View Post
    The wiki isn't necessary accurate at times. Be careful on using that.
    The wiki is also editable by anyone, so if you see something wrong or inaccurate, perhaps you should try fixing it.

Velea corrected this post, which also lists Glands as needed, but didn't correct that first line, just the second. But you said it requires Membrane, Cega? I know for a fact that Mandibles can't be required because they were marked as obsolete, so that's definitely a quest typo.

I got the glands and membranes and the other necessary items and went to try to turn in and the quest giver won't update for me. Should I submit a ticket?

You might need to restart the quest. I'm wondering if you might have deleted the looted membranes, because of the typo. Then went back to loot them again (after the quest was marked Looted 3/3). I think keeps track while you loot and if you did that, it might have messed the quest up. The quest is working just fine for me, that's the only thing I can think of. Also note after you loot a set of 3 trophies (Brachina, Murk Crab or Stygian Scorpion) you'll see a feedback message "The beasts indigenous to the darkness... " . So you should see that feedback message three times during the quest.

I never deleted anything from the time I started the quest. The ticker never updated for me at all.

horizons_1430691485.jpg

Are you saying the ticker doesn't update when you physically loot a beetle and it has a membrane in the loot? If you already have some in inventory, those won't count. You have to actually click the mob and extract a membrane from it, before the ticker updates. If it doesn't work, I hate to suggest you delete the quest and start over, because I know how hard the murk crabs are. But except for the typo, it works fine for me. Unless some of the changes on Blight (pending delta 271-272) regarding the trophy updates may be affecting why it works for me on Blight. I'm unable to test this quest on Chaos/Order at this time. If still problems, then you can submit a support ticket (reference this forum post). Otherwise I think it'll work when Deltas (currently on Blight) hits the Live Shard.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; May 3rd, 2015 at 10:58 PM.

Yes. The ticker does not update when I loot a beetle with a membrane on it. I have looted 5 of them since starting the quest and it still shows 0 on the ticker.

I am on Chaos shard. Should have said that before, sorry.

Ok, gotcha. I'm checking on another angle, will follow up soon. In the meantime, don't delete the quest and start over. I've got a hunch it won't make a difference.

The quest is looking for Mandibles on Chaos. Since they aren't dropping, then that's why your ticker isn't updating. I've verified it's setup correctly on Blight server (with pending delta 270-272), to count the Membranes.

Sorry, just hang on and leave your quest where it is. When the deltas (on blight) apply to live shard, it should continue and update the ticker correctly where you left off at (when you tackle the beetles again).

Okay. Thank you for all the help Cegaiel.

Do you have any idea when the deltas are going live?

They will go live tomorrow morning.

Just to update when I logged back in after the patch yesterday that quest was no longer in my quest list so I went and got it again and was able to complete it with no issues. Thanks again for all the help Cegaiel.

Now to find a group to take out the greater blight anchor....

Thread Information