Thread: Old Shop versus new shop (grandfather)

Default Old Shop versus new shop (grandfather)

Does the info of what new structure (outside house) equal to the new structures.

Ie: an old Stoneshop or SchoolarShoop equal to what Tier in the new system?
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

Default Re: Old Shop versus new shop (grandfather)

From what I understood they are small/beginner ones in the new version as shops.
    What I wanted to know though: is a Saris Medium House Tier3? And what about a Saris Manor for example?

Horizons Empire

SirFrog

The old shops work totally different from the new shops.

The old shops let you craft items just like stations out in the field. The new shops will allow this to but you will also get a bonus to your crafting ability based on the level of the shop. How much of a bonus I am not sure but for each it will get larger from Beginner to Journeyman to Expert.

I will see if I can dig up or hound Ssrydian for some numbers.

imported_Silveron

Beginner: +25
    Journeyman:+50
    Expert:+75

ThrellinD

And there is no bonus given for the old shops? i.e. old Dwarven Blacksmith shop?

Ssrydian

Quote Originally Posted by ThrellinD
    And there is no bonus given for the old shops? i.e. old Dwarven Blacksmith shop?
    Old Shops will be receiving no bonus

What about NPCs being spawned by a structure? We had a BLK-trainer witht he old dwarven blacksmith-shop. Will these grandfathered old ones still spawn NPCs (which shop which NPC?), or will the new ones do? Or will it even be selectable which NPC to spawn in a specific shop?
    Dvergar Blutaxt @ Unity (former ICE) / Paladin 97 - Mason 100 // before hibernation

SirFrog

Quote Originally Posted by Dvergar
    What about NPCs being spawned by a structure? We had a BLK-trainer witht he old dwarven blacksmith-shop. Will these grandfathered old ones still spawn NPCs (which shop which NPC?), or will the new ones do? Or will it even be selectable which NPC to spawn in a specific shop?
    There once was a post by Ssrydian which listed all of the new structures that were in the works. One of these structures was a Personal Craft Trainer (also a Personal Adventure Trainer) These would be tiered structures with NPC's. When I asked about the status of these structures, I was told that at this time they were still going in, but there was some issue about how the database handled these NPC's that needed to be resolved prior to them being implemented.

As for old structures... no clue sorry.

Alyssia

Quote Originally Posted by Dvergar
    Does a definitive list exist of what structures spawn NPCs?

For example I'd like to build a jewelry shop with a trainer but can't find any notation on the building interface that indicates an NPC trainer can be activated. As noted above the old dwarven blacksmith-shop came with a blacksmith NPC.

Thank you,

Thread Information