Thread: Title Quests

Default Title Quests

Something I noticed a while back, but didn't really pay attention to (because I was too low a level to kill them), was that a lot of Kill this mob for this Title are linked to your Adventure level. So if you change to a lower level Adventure school they get grayed out in your Quest book and even if you can kill and do kill them they don't count towards the Title. I think they should be linked to your Adventure Rating so they will count. If you can kill them, why be penalized because you are lower level. I know that the Myloc Titles are not linked that why, it don't matter what level you are when you kill them, they count. Maybe there is a good reason for having them that way, but I can't see why.

Something else this does is make login slower because it lists all the Quests on the Game Feedback channel as <Title Quest xxxxxx: has been disabled due to a constraints or School check>. Then it will do it again when you open vault the first time, making it slow to load.

Right now I am in Ranger school (level 66 I think) leveling it up and rating is around 130, so I'm killing stuff over level 100 to get XP. Be nice if they counted towards a Title.
    Last edited by Dacurly; May 23rd, 2015 at 10:53 AM.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Default Re: Title Quests

Agreed. With title quests in particular, I see no real reason to have level restrictions on progressing in them. The level restrictions are particularly maddening with the level 100 title quests since you need level 100 to pick those up and progress with them... but any xp you get by working towards the title and actually turning in the quest is utterly useless to you in that school. Why not use put that xp towards a school that can actually use it?

To prevent players exploiting the lack of level restrictions on title quests, the requirements to pick up the quests should remain the same. But you should be able to make progress in the title quests regardless of your current level.

On a side note: The <(Insert quest here) has been disabled due to level constraints or a school check> messages can make not just the logins painful, but can also make picking up quests painful. For example if you've got 20 title quests disabled because of your low level and you have 200 trophies you want to turn in for your level range, you get 20 "this quest has been disabled" messages (and the associated lag spike) a grand total of 40 times when you turn in those trophies.

I don't think that every time you pick up a new quest, you need to be reminded which quests you can't currently do.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Thanks for reminding me about the Trophy thing Machaeon, that's got to be a strain on the server. Pretty sure the Client has to check with server for every Trophy set you hand in. Then it sends all that to the Client each time.

Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    Agreed. With title quests in particular, I see no real reason to have level restrictions on progressing in them. The level restrictions are particularly maddening with the level 100 title quests since you need level 100 to pick those up and progress with them... but any xp you get by working towards the title and actually turning in the quest is utterly useless to you in that school. Why not use put that xp towards a school that can actually use it?

To prevent players exploiting the lack of level restrictions on title quests, the requirements to pick up the quests should remain the same. But you should be able to make progress in the title quests regardless of your current level.

On a side note: The <(Insert quest here) has been disabled due to level constraints or a school check> messages can make not just the logins painful, but can also make picking up quests painful. For example if you've got 20 title quests disabled because of your low level and you have 200 trophies you want to turn in for your level range, you get 20 "this quest has been disabled" messages (and the associated lag spike) a grand total of 40 times when you turn in those trophies.

I don't think that every time you pick up a new quest, you need to be reminded which quests you can't currently do.
    Honestly, I'm not sure what purpose level requirements in the first place serve for getting and working on title quests, especially if you cannot get to the mob without being a certain level (e.g., Dralnok's Doom quests). Who is hurt by someone completing a quest "above" their level? Is this a power leveling issue? Make it that they cannot complete the quest without the levels, then, so they do not get the quest reward xp and title to use too early.

This makes perfect sense. I think when the level restrictions was implemented into these quests, it was designed more so that a brand new player couldn't receive the quest (ie Skulk Slayer requires 21 current adv school to acquire - we don't want a brand new player, level 11 receiving this 21 quest). Perhaps using a more flexible constraint of highlvlmin may not have existed back then. Not sure, or maybe devs picked the most obvious/balanced choice.

But, a new method is now implemented. This will still prevent a new player from acquiring the quest (until they meet the min adv level), but will allow vet players to keep it from being disabled in quest log (if they have at least one adv school that meets requirements).

These "Title" quests used to require a certain minimum adventure level and it checked your current school level. Instead it now checks to see if you have any adventure school level, that meets the minimum school requirements.

This will prevent players from having these quests disabled, when they switch to low level adventure schools.

This will be on Delta 275

I've got my eye on any future random quests, that crosses my path, that might be more appropriate to set it this way too. Not all quests should be disabled when you join a low level school (especially if you meet requirements on another school, that's not currently active, usually an adventure school). Its a case by case basis. But looking to clean those up too, when appropriate.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; May 26th, 2015 at 08:57 AM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Thank you Cegaiel and the Dev Team for fixing this up.

Well its half fixed. The kills count now (at least on the one I checked did), but they still show as (disabled) in the quest log and still runs throw all of them on the Game Feedback channel like it always has.

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    This will be on Delta 275.
    274 was already captured and on Blight on May 22. This update was on May 26, so has to go on Delta 275. I know the process can be confusing sometimes. Once a delta goes to blight, its no longer able to be updated and changes are queued for the following Delta. Hopefully it won't be too long before that comes out.
    ----------------
    One thing to look forward to, on 275, is that all issues of stackable vs non stackable will finally be put to bed, this affects T1 and T2 spells mainly and the Drain Bolt IX and X spells.

This means they will now accept inscriptions and not lose techs when you have more than one in inventory at same time.

Off topic (but on subject of 275) be very careful about having 2 or more Drain bolt spells in same location (inventory, vault, etc). They do stack currently. If you have one drain bolt, full teched and create another drain bolt spell, it will stack on top of the first one and it will "lose" the techs. Once you split them, you will have two unteched spells.

This is also true for many T1 and T2 spells. Mainly it's any T1/T2 spell sold at a vendor that were marked stackable.

Sorry Cegaiel, I missed the 275 part, my bad
    Thanks for the info

Delta 275 is now out. Can you test to make sure it's working as intended?

I tested this out and works as intended, thank you Cegaiel

Thread Information