Thread: Pets

Default Pets

Hi, I'm a newbie. Don't let the registration since 2009 fool you!

I've been wandering around NT for awhile until I finished everything that I needed to do, but before my departure, I saw a dragon with a dog hanging out. Another time I saw another player with a spider following them around like a companion. I did a little bit of research, and it sounds pretty convenient to have some of them act as second inventories kind of like the flying disc (a name that eludes me atm).

I'd honestly love to get a hold of a pet myself, but I'm not entirely sure how people get them. I only know some can be obtained via "loyalty tokens". It doesn't seem like the dog counts as one of those, but I can dream. What other ways yield some pets?

Default Re: Pets

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaardragon View Post
    Hi, I'm a newbie. Don't let the registration since 2009 fool you!

I've been wandering around NT for awhile until I finished everything that I needed to do, but before my departure, I saw a dragon with a dog hanging out. Another time I saw another player with a spider following them around like a companion. I did a little bit of research, and it sounds pretty convenient to have some of them act as second inventories kind of like the flying disc (a name that eludes me atm).

I'd honestly love to get a hold of a pet myself, but I'm not entirely sure how people get them. I only know some can be obtained via "loyalty tokens". It doesn't seem like the dog counts as one of those, but I can dream. What other ways yield some pets?
    Greetings.
    Maybe ill start with the cargo disc. Its an item that lets you carry substantially more bulk items (mostly used for resources) but they are usually limited to 1 item (multiple item disks carry less bulk). Disks slow you down significantly and you cant recall with them equipped.
    When people say pets are second inventories, they mean pets can carry a lot of bulk. they don't slow you down and you can freely recall with them equipped. There are several types, first divided by ped and dragon ones (all can be equipped by dragons and bipeds but only certain ones don't disable flight). then they are divided by number of items they can carry,2 to 5.
    Shepherd dog pet (brown wolf) ,as far as I know you cant obtain it as it was a reward to all active players on Istarias 10th anniversary.
    Winter pup (white wolf) can be obtained as a quest reward from npc Killian in New Koraelia: Winter season. Food items required for quest can be found on Kion consigner (Milicent) most of time.

Anarie in Bristugo sells pets for Loyalty tokens: Goliath beetle and Black widow spider. they cost 8 tokens each.

Finally, Eostre beetle can be obtained during Spring Festival on Island new Brommel for compelting easy quest (something with Riddle in the name). Spring festival should be available soon again.

Goliath beetle and oestre beetle don't disable flying. Carefully pick your pet,they have different stacks and bulk numbers.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Quote Originally Posted by Salwirk View Post
    Carefully pick your pet,they have different stacks and bulk numbers.
    A good description of the pets. One comment to clarify: you can have multiple pets, but you can only take one for a walk at a time (by equipping their collar).

Quote Originally Posted by Salwirk View Post
    Greetings.

Winter pup (white wolf) can be obtained as a quest reward from npc Killian in New Koraelia: Winter season. Food items required for quest can be found on Kion consigner (Milicent) most of time.

This pet quest is still active at this time.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Quote Originally Posted by Dacurly View Post
    This pet quest is still active at this time.
    small clarification, we've recieved word from the devs that all of the festival events won't be disabled again, so they'll remain active 24/7, I'm not sure whether all fests are currently active as I haven't logged on in a while. (if they aren't I'm sure a ticket could fix it) but yeah, get your fest pets anytime you want! ^^

Thread Information