Thread: Quest Name Discrepencies

Default Quest Name Discrepencies

I was going through the list of quests to update pages on the Wiki, and I noticed some odd name discrepancies in Trophy Hunter quests.

Go Bag 5 Scions Of Massive Elm
    Go Bag 5 Scions Of Massive Oak
    Go Bag 5 Scions Of Sapling Elm
    Go Bag 5 Scions Of Sapling Oak

The above quests have a capitalized "Of" while the other Scion-gathering quests have a lowercase "of".

Go Bag 5 Mettle of Mithril Boulder Golems
    Go Bag 5 Mettle of Mithril Golems

These two quests also strike me as oddly-named because the rest of the Mettle-gathering quests from golems are titled "Go Bag 5 ____ Golem Mettle".

Go Bag 5 Nah'guk Beatstick

This one doesn't end with an "s". Also doesn't specify Gatherer Beatsticks, which some quests do and don't so I'm not sure which method is correct.

Just wondering if these were intentional or not. :P
    Last edited by Kida; August 4th, 2015 at 10:55 PM.

"Our ancestors came down from the heavens and proudly reigned over the land they had created."

Default Re: Quest Name Discrepencies

Quote Originally Posted by Kida View Post
    I was going through the list of quests to update pages on the Wiki, and I noticed some odd name discrepancies in Trophy Hunter quests.

Go Bag 5 Scions Of Massive Elm
    Go Bag 5 Scions Of Massive Oak
    Go Bag 5 Scions Of Sapling Elm
    Go Bag 5 Scions Of Sapling Oak

The above quests have a capitalized "Of" while the other Scion-gathering quests have a lowercase "of".

Go Bag 5 Mettle of Mithril Boulder Golems
    Go Bag 5 Mettle of Mithril Golems

These two quests also strike me as oddly-named because the rest of the Mettle-gathering quests from golems are titled "Go Bag 5 ____ Golem Mettle".

Go Bag 5 Nah'guk Beatstick

This one doesn't end with an "s". Also doesn't specify Gatherer Beatsticks, which some quests do and don't so I'm not sure which method is correct.

Just wondering if these were intentional or not. :P
    I can tell you with almost certainty that the capitalisation stuff is not intentional, I've been going through the beginner quest dialogue and there is a lot of disrepencies between capitalisation of stuff (ie. School/schools/Schools gets flown around like crazy, sometimes armor and weapon types are capitalised, sometimes not). This is partially because of different people writing different parts of text, and just things getting overlooked.
    the "of" being used or not propably is because of the same reason.

As for the Beatstick, That's definately just a typo.

I myself am going through a spell-check rampage amongst the lower areas' dialogue (everything, not just quests) and you won't believe how many things I have listed and reported up till now (NT was okay...Kion was...well, all over the place).
    So yeah, best option would be to gather up most of these and report them all in one big ticket.

Thread Information