Thread: Change to Reklar's Texture

Default Change to Reklar's Texture

wandering through the files I found the secondary zombie dragon texture, currently used by the adult dragons that are near Reklar. for those that don't know what I'm talking about, it looks pretty much like a zombie version of Valkoth in Dralk. (the right one in this image)

I might be alone in this, but when I found out that Reklar's underlings are basicly the only ones to use it in the game, I thought of it as almost a waste of a neat and unique texture.

So here's my idea, switch stuff around a bit so that the adult zombies near Reklar use the basic texture, while Reklar uses the more red-ish variant, make him stand out a bit more.

Again, this is just a tiny thing, but something that bothered me ever since I found that texture.

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: Change to Reklar's Texture

For people who want a comparison, this is Reklar and minions currently:

And this is Reklar and minions as proposed:

I support Meeps' idea, makes Reklar look unique and stand out, as he should as an epic.

Thats pretty neat, I like that. Since you've done all the homework, what filenames needs to be switched around to accomplish that?
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    Thats pretty neat, I like that. Since you've done all the homework, what filenames needs to be switched around to accomplish that?
    Files found in Textures->Characters->Monsters->Undeads->Udragon
    Reklar currently uses:
    -Undead_dragon01_head_wings01.agh and Undead_dragon01_body01.agh
    The files we'd like him to use are in the same folder but labeled "body02.agh" and "wings02.agh"

Same with his underlings but the other way around ofcourse ^^

-edit
    Just make sure not to switch the actual filenames but to assign different ones to the specific mobs, switching them around would give us normal undead dragons (like the pale hatchlings) to still share their texture with reklar. :P (just a concern among friends ^^)

I support your idea Meepsa, but I want to expand this to other epics.
    Last edited by Spyrioyo; September 19th, 2015 at 02:47 AM.

I don't think the neck looks right compared to the fins on Rek's head. If anything it makes the fins on reks head look fake.

I like the texture's colors in general, but I think it would need some tweaking first.

Quote Originally Posted by ZyrimShadowheart View Post
    I support your idea Meepsa, but I want to expand this to other epics.
    to which ones though? Most already use unique textures.

Greaters:
    Valkor the Impaler -> Unique...I think, I don't remember seeing black bone guards/golems anywhere else.
    Shaloth -> Unique.
    Greater Anchor -> moot point as they're unique monsters.
    Son of Gigaroth -> The only one of the greaters that uses a base texture if we don't count Reklar, and looking into the files there isn't really anything we can use for him, meaning there would have to be new art assets for him.

Lessers:
    Memory of Elial -> Quite unique if I'd say so.
    Gruk the Frigid -> Pretty sure he uses a base texture, but I'm also pretty sure there aren't any extra textures for Aegrors for him to use. Then again, I don't really look that close at Aegrors, so I could be wrong.
    Daknor the Berserk -> Same point as SoG.
    Fafnir the Defiler -> Base texture, but when it comes to the creature blight hounds are still pretty unique.

Surtheim -> unique in it's own rights.

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    to which ones though? Most already use unique textures.

Greaters:
    Valkor the Impaler -> Unique...I think, I don't remember seeing black bone guards/golems anywhere else.
    Shaloth -> Unique.
    Greater Anchor -> moot point as they're unique monsters.
    Son of Gigaroth -> The only one of the greaters that uses a base texture if we don't count Reklar, and looking into the files there isn't really anything we can use for him, meaning there would have to be new art assets for him.

Lessers:
    Memory of Elial -> Quite unique if I'd say so.
    Gruk the Frigid -> Pretty sure he uses a base texture, but I'm also pretty sure there aren't any extra textures for Aegrors for him to use. Then again, I don't really look that close at Aegrors, so I could be wrong.
    Daknor the Berserk -> Same point as SoG.
    Fafnir the Defiler -> Base texture, but when it comes to the creature blight hounds are still pretty unique.

Surtheim -> unique in it's own rights.
    Avatar of Pain-> uses normal abominations but has a possible unique one but its glitched (Missed one an Added Lesser Epic from some deltas ago)
    I see, but if not special textures than special ability effects are an option cause Daknor has Blighted Treant Effect - (causes the green glow around Daknor) and Sky Dome Mind Crystal - (Putrid Green swirling clouds with rain and lightning), which Fafnir has too, and some other epics.

Then there is setScaling like for example Reklar and Fafnir (1.5 to normal blight hound), which makes Fafnir unique.
    Last edited by Spyrioyo; September 19th, 2015 at 10:47 AM.

Thread Information